A CALL TO SIKH YOUTH

theek ah.. that's a fair enough point... but lemme point out one thing

if by any chance, your post was directed to me, then i wanna make something clear..

I do NOT think that only Indian Clothing can be worn to gurdwara, to nagar keertans, and so forth

The only thing i ask is that our singhs AND singhneeaan be derssed modestly..

The term modesty is different for each gender.... things like muscle-shirts SHOULD be "outlawed" or "banned" or whatever, but i'm not sure if "baggy Jeans" fits the description...

baggy jeans do a much better job at being conservative than do tighter jeans... for example, wearing jeans and a hoodie (assuming the jeans aren't worn at the knees) is modest... in fact, so is jeans and a tshirt.... in MY eeys... but that's for guys.

Double-standard?? no.. each gender has specific characteristics about them that make the term "modesty" individual for each gender. Therefore girls have a description of modesty that does not fit that for guys...

in my eeys, a girl should wear nothing tight, nothing that severely outlines the "contour" of their body (i feel like i'm talking about a car blush.gif )... but i'm not gonna go into that any further, cuz i'm a guy, and yeah...

Look, no one is saying it only goes one way... Guys are to blame as well as girls... but the FACT of the Matter is that there does not exist many guys <admin-profanity filter activated> are gonna go to the modestly dressed girl, with her kesh covered, minding her own business... that's jus the way it IS! i'm telling you this as a guy! guys will go after the girls who garner the most atetntion! i'll laeve that at that. ...

i hope you get my point though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theek ah.. that's a fair enough point... but lemme point out one thing

if by any chance, your post was directed to me, then i wanna make something clear..

I do NOT think that only Indian Clothing can be worn to gurdwara, to nagar keertans, and so forth

The only thing i ask is that our singhs AND singhneeaan be derssed modestly..

The term modesty is different for each gender.... things like muscle-shirts SHOULD be "outlawed" or "banned" or whatever, but i'm not sure if "baggy Jeans" fits the description...

baggy jeans do a much better job at being conservative than do tighter jeans... for example, wearing jeans and a hoodie (assuming the jeans aren't worn at the knees) is modest... in fact, so is jeans and a tshirt.... in MY eeys... but that's for guys.

Double-standard?? no.. each gender has specific characteristics about them that make the term "modesty" individual for each gender. Therefore girls have a description of modesty that does not fit that for guys...

in my eeys, a girl should wear nothing tight, nothing that severely outlines the "contour" of their body (i feel like i'm talking about a car blush.gif )...  but i'm not gonna go into that any further, cuz i'm a guy, and yeah...

Look, no one is saying it only goes one way... Guys are to blame as well as girls... but the FACT of the Matter is that there does not exist many guys <admin-profanity filter activated> are gonna go to the modestly dressed girl, with her kesh covered, minding her own business... that's jus the way it IS! i'm telling you this as a guy! guys will go after the girls who garner the most atetntion! i'll laeve that at that. ...

i hope you get my point though.

93886[/snapback]

I'm sorry if you feel my post was directed towards you no.gif . That was never the intention. I just read some posts and decided to put my own views forth. I felt that there was too much emphasis on women and how they dressed (even though there were some posts that expressed views on how men dressed). I understand your view that women who dress like they're "easy" are the ones that create more attraction from guys, but it is frustrating that women are still judged upon how they dress, and not on theiir minds, even though it's 2005!! I think that this problem lies in the root of how men and women think. If only both sexes had a "cleaner" mind (if you know what I mean). Everything comes down to what is deemed to be "attractive". I mean, some women might find baggy jeans to be attractive, while some men may have a fetish for women wearing a conservative punjabi suit. But does this mean that they should be banned? I just came up with the whole men and women wearing traditional punjabi outfits as a possible solution- it wasn't intended as a response to a comment you might have made. blush.gif

nei jio.. i was just posting in case you were referring to me, trust me, no offense takenon my side..

i understand what you weert saying, i just wanted to make sure my position was clear.

the only thing i want to add though is that, for the most part, in our kaljug, it's not the conservative look that arouses people ... hehe.. uhhh..without getting too detailed, i'm sure you know what i mean..