A CALL TO SIKH YOUTH

hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

i dont remember even talking to you shaheeed

& whatever you said wasn't nice at all 

princess was supposed to be the mean one, you are now...both u gang up on me, didnt vaisakhi make u guys nicer......:)

93821[/snapback]

:) i didnt knw me n posh were a team grin.gif

hehe

now that we r whatdya say, let's get him LOL.gif

but very nice post Shaheed (the one b4 this) i didnt know how to answer posh's question :cool:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

Some of you may laugh at me but i myself went to a wedding (yes a punjabi wedding) at a gurdwara and yes they were my first cousins or somewhat on my mom said which we dont associate much with but ANYWAY ... point is i went to that wedding in the gurdwara with straight simple street clothes. No dressing up whatsoever ! I got a lot of remarks about this afterwards :)

...but anyway point is i dont mind how anyone dresses its just upto that person but like you guys said some just dress really whack ! :cool: @ Like honestly, what has a SARI or a LENGHA got to do at a gurdwara !?! Ive seen this at mostly weddings but sometimes on regular days where some moms do it AND they dress up their little ones cuz they think its CUTE ... wacko.gif ...

... anyway ... yaa guys are as guilty too :) ...

back to studying !! :nihungsmile:

Wjkk Wjkf

i duno if this is off topic or wha eva, but somthin i learnt today...

NAGAR KEERTAN

Nagar = Area

Keertan = we know what kirtan is... meditating the lords name

We do kirtan in the area, i.e. in our local city... We had the Leicester Nagar Keertan, and now i feel like slappin myself, cos throughout the nagar keertan, me n my friends kept askin ourselves, shall we start doin simran or jaikareh and stuff, then we were like nah chil, lets just walk, and go with the flow.. by the time we made our decision, yeh we gna start actually take part in it,,.... the nagar keertan had finished... loook how much nam we missed out on... and think about it, so wa if people that we no from our ole school, coll or uni or work are ther and gna think, omg, them lot r bit weird, or religous or militant... forget everyone, dont think about otehrs... just take part in the nagar keertan, do as much sewa and most of all do naam jaap + keertan + simran... u neva no... more sangat, even youths will join you and take part, than you think would...

hope it makes sense, jst ma lil thoughts.... so if nagar keertan is in your area sooon, pls participate and dont make the mistakes like papis like myself.

ok ji,

wjkk wjkf :)

are you suggesting that there's only one way for girls to "dress up nice"

the point that is being targetted here is that girls dress much too revealing for such an occasion... when it comes down to it, for sikhs, vaisakhi is a RELIGIOUS time, not a PARTY time, so when you have guru maharaaj's saroop at nagar keertans, it's important to dress modestly... people who know me know that i do'nt give two craps about people who feel like they hafta party, or wear nasty "leave-nothing-to-the-imagination" clothing.... what you do is up to you, the only thing i take offense to, or the only thing that bothers me is disrespectful conduct around guruji.

tthere really is nothing wrong with girls dressin up nice... but you're going to be seen with your Guru at a nagar keertan.. how would YOU dress?

are you suggesting that there's only one way for girls to "dress up nice"

the point that is being targetted here is that girls dress much too revealing for such an occasion... when it comes down to it, for sikhs, vaisakhi is a RELIGIOUS time, not a PARTY time, so when you have guru maharaaj's saroop at nagar keertans, it's important to dress modestly... people who know me know that i do'nt give two craps about people who feel like they hafta party, or wear nasty "leave-nothing-to-the-imagination" clothing.... what you do is up to you, the only thing i take offense to, or the only thing that bothers me is disrespectful conduct around guruji.

tthere really is nothing wrong with girls dressin up nice... but you're going to be seen with your Guru at a nagar keertan.. how would YOU dress?

93855[/snapback]

Japman that's word for word what i wrote to you on msn :) :TH:

hehe blush.gif jks

very good points

ok well vaisakhi is a day of celebration so its upto you how you wanna celebrate it. If girls think its cool to dress up ultra revealin then let them. however people will see it distasteful and "wrong place wrong time", everyone has there own opinion but what i think people should do is say something instead of jus thinking it dont ya think. anyways balle balle hows ur nite goin tongue.gif