Tattoos?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

The Panj Pyare are the Guru, not you (meaning the Abilakhi). You do not dictate the terms of the Rehat to them, they do. Granted that they may make some allowances, but honestly, waving the requirement of the Nitnem? The story of Sant Baba Harnaam Singh comes up. He decided to not recite Jaap Sahib, and he could not get Darshan of Dasam Patshah until he did. Nitnem is very important as is the Rehat. If a Sikh does not want to make the effort to learn Gurmukhi and do Paath in the language that the Gurus wrote in, are they really ready to become a Sikh? I hesitate to think that the Panj Pyare would make an accomodation that deep. You got a history of people having their scalps scraped off but not giving up their Rehat and then people claiming that they cannot do Nitnem cause they do not want to learn Gurmukhi script?

Come on.

Hmmm..going off the topic a bit...however for all of you who want to have tatoos removed....

Most dermatologic surgeons caution that complete tattoo removal is not possible. Tattoos are meant to be permanent, so removing them is difficult. Few surgeons guarantee complete removal. Having said that, there are several methods of tattoo removal which have proven effective. The degree of remaining color variations or blemishes depends upon several factors, including size, location, the individual's ability to heal, how the tattoo was applied and how long it has been in place. For example, a tattoo applied by a more experienced artist may be easier to remove since the pigment was evenly injected in the same level of the skin. New tattoos may also be more difficult to remove than old ones.

Doctors say they can't predict the exact degree of removal because they generally don't know which of the 100 tattoo inks available today were used.

Before lasers became popular for tattoo removal starting in the late 1980s, removal involved the use of one or more of these often-painful, often scar-inducing surgeries:

Dermabrasion, where skin is "sanded" to remove the surface and middle layers

Cryosurgery, where the area is frozen prior to its removal;

Excision, where the dermatologic surgeon removes the tattoo with a scalpel and closes the wound with stitches (In some cases involving large tattoos, a skin graft from another part of the body may be necessary.).

Although the procedures above are still used in certain cases today, lasers (Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation) have become the standard treatment for tattoo removal because they offer a bloodless, low risk, effective alternative with minimal side effects. Each procedure is done on an outpatient basis in a single or series of visits. Patients may or may not require topical or local anesthesia.

The type of laser used to remove a tattoo depends on the tattoo's pigment colors. (Yellow and green are the hardest colors to remove; blue and black are the easiest.)The three lasers developed specifically for use in tattoo removal use a technique known as Q-switching, which refers to the laser's short, high-energy pulses:

the Q-switched Ruby,

the Q-switched Alexandrite,

the Q-switched Nd: YAG, the newest system in this class of lasers and particularly advanced in the removal of red, blue and black inks

Ohhhh and another thing.....using lasers to remove tatoos costs from as little as a couple hundred pound to as much as a couple thousand pounds :TH:

Author: Kulbir Singh

Date:  04-08-05 07:44

All Sikhs get Tattoo imprinted at least once a lifetime. Once this Tattoo is imprinted or encarved, then it never leaves us. Yes, you read it right. All Sikhs must have the Tattoo of Naam imprinted on their Mann.

This Tattoo of Naam is not a dead Tattoo picture as ordinary Tattoos are. This Tattoo is very much alive and vibrates Naam vibes through our body and Antashkaran. Once this Tattoo is imprinted on our mann, only then we can japp Naam and have anand of Naam.

I plead before all the unfortunate people who have not yet encarved the tattoo of Naam on their mann to hurry to the next amrit sinchaar in their area and get the Tattoo of Naam imprinted on their mann.

And, other manmukhi Tattoos are not allowed. Stay away from them.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

from Tapoban Sahib Phorum

:)

Guest Akaal108

- Majority of our old school folks use to have ikongkar tatoo on their hand...this can be confirmed even now from our old generation ie- father, grand father etc

- Having Ikongkar tatoo on body does not do any beadhi ...if having god's name is beadhi or anti panthik or manmaat(whatever you want to call it) on body then i m sorry to say but you guys don't appereciate human body ...if you don't apperciate god's creation human body ..how can you have naam in your mind and how can you love your atma????

Last but not least- If you don't prefer ikongkar or mool mantar on your body then that's fine but atleast let others do if that what helps them in spiritual scale..people have taken dasam granth quotes out of context..no suprise...in no where in siri guroo granth sahib ji , dasam guru granth it discourages ways to get naam imbueded in you...

this is simply one of them !!!!!!!!!!!!

as i said- whatever does not work for you ..may work for other person...

Live and let Live !!!!!!!!!!

- Majority of our old school folks use to have ikongkar tatoo on their hand...this can be confirmed even now from our old generation ie- father, grand father etc

- Having Ikongkar tatoo on body does not do any beadhi ...if having god's name is beadhi or anti panthik or manmaat(whatever you want to call it) on body then i m sorry to say but you guys don't appereciate human body ...if you don't apperciate god's creation human body ..how can you have naam in your mind and how can  you love your atma????

Last but not least- If you don't prefer ikongkar or mool mantar on your body then that's fine but atleast let others do if that what helps them in spiritual scale..people have taken dasam granth quotes out of context..no suprise...in no where in siri guroo granth sahib ji , dasam guru granth it discourages  ways to get naam imbueded in you...

this is simply one of them !!!!!!!!!!!!

as i said- whatever does not work for you ..may work for other person...

Live and let Live !!!!!!!!!!

94976[/snapback]

ohhhh great...so i suppose u have gone and tattoed all ur body in bani eh....good for u....hmmm...i never knew god wanted people to be green, or blue....but chaloo...i guess u know best eh

Guest Akaal108

I have no tatto on my body but i know someone who have tatto of mool mantar and ikongkar all over his body ..it has helped him in his spiritual awakening...!

as i said- whatever may not work for you ..may work for others ..so stop being over parnoid about everything ! :e:

wacko.gif   :) @ i donno how ppl can have Ek oankar on their hands, i mean how do they goto the toilet?  grin.gif Plastic hand  LOL.gif

94767[/snapback]

AGAIN..

like veerji said..

the word 'ik onkar' is in gurbani ... hence it is bani !!! Would you have bani your hand and go to the bathroom and do all that stuff with your hand !? Im sure you need both hands ...

Nice point veerji i overlooked that wacko.gif

94808[/snapback]

LoL same ere so can u go toilet wiv a kanda on

94815[/snapback]

How is that relevant- are you going to be wiping your bottom with the khanda?????

Most of the singhs i know who actually spend time in bhagti who have had tatoos on their hands from when they were kids have either had them as best removed as they could or had them changed so that they know look like a flower as oppossed to Gurbani Ik ongkaar.

Most people will not/prob do not have a tatoo in order to remind themselves of vaheguru, its more for an identity/symbolic purpose.

If we go down the line that we need to write gurbani on our hands, knees, why stop there? please extend it to your evry other part of your body also, it is pretty obvious as to the point i am trying to make.

It is not as issue of appreciating your body, it is of respecting and appreciating the written form of gurbani. writing gurbani on your body does not mean you appreciate your body in any way shape or form, that is a nonsense idea!

Nor is this an issue of paranoia, it is unlikely that printing any words be they gurbani or otherwise will help you spiritually. It would seem that maharajh has instructed us in the methods/means to achive spiritual progression/awakening, i do not believe that tatooing oneself is mentioned within these instructions.

Yes repeating vaheguru name, and meditating upon him will, but not the tatoo on your hand.

this disussion regarding the respect for gurbani goes beyond just tatoos or bani, one bibi once told me that she would write vaheguru/gurbani on her diary each day she used it. Thats fine, but then this diary is left lying around on the floor, on desks, has tea stains on it etc.

The issue is should we do these things in order to remind ourselves of guru ji, or keep satkar of gurbani. Obviously people from both sides will say they do as they do because of pyaar. But on one hand you have possible disrespect for shabad guru, for me this swings it completely.

If i can sit there and 'think' i should write gurbani all over this page then is the contemplation not evidence of my devotion to vaheguru? If i were to sit there and say the shabad i wished to write all over the page would that make my contemplation any less? If you can remember vaheguru without having to do beadbi of gurbani by writing it, tattooing it and then throwing the pages away or leave them lying around or obviously doing a number of things with your hand, surely that is better?