Nihang Rehat

`KuMi´

Kumi, my advice to you would be take a few years to go through Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sri Dasam Granth and Bhai Gurdas Diya Vaara, and then move onto Rehitname and maryadas. You are fairly young at the moment and trying to understand old rehitnameh, their context, their orders, will only confuse you more, so at this point in your life go through Bani, keep your Nitnem and do your Simran.

On the surface level, Nihang Rehit doesnt differ much from normal Maryada, apart from the acceptance of Chatka and Shaheedi Degh. If you wanna become a Nihang just to eat/do chatka and take degh, then your doing it for all the wrong reasons, theres much more to being a Nihang then that.

Just a question as i dont know anything..

Can someone PLEASE explain to me the differences in Sikhi, ie Nihang, Taksal and AKJ Please and how we come to define certain people by this???? I took amrit from akj but do not consider myself to be akj. I consider myself to be Gurus Sikh, nothing more and nothing less. So can someplease define why we have them??? coz alot of the time, we get questioned are you this? are you that?

Perfect example. We went to a Gurdwara the other day, in Bana, and someone says to my paji after careful consideration, "are you nihang?" This is beacuse we were wearing blue bana and blue dharmala and had shastar in kamarkasa with the kara etc. This wasnt in our city as everyone in ours is either akj anyway but still wear nihang style bana (except bit longer then the knee..)

the reason for the question is coz wen i was at school, back in the day, we used to say, are you jatt? are you darkhan etc which signifies punjabi culture of caste system. The way i see it now, from the above case, all we have done is taken these paths of sikhi and used them as barriers to divide sikhi more so and create a religious caste system!!

Apologies if i have offended anyone! i can only ask for forgivness as people who know me will agree when i say, i dont follow any jatha banday, only Maharaj. What he says i do. i prefer to listen to kirtan of akj as i love the simran and do my bani from taskal but then train from the nihangs. if that is rong, again i apologise, im just trying to learn the route to Guru ji the only way i know how. learn as much as i can....

WJKK WJKF

"Baba Deep Singh, Who was ordered to Take care of Taksal was from Tarna Dal (part of Buddah Dal) "

http://www.budhadal.com/hisofbudhadal2.htm

Budha Dals own official site (Baba Santa Singh Ji's faction) says this about the creation of Budha Dal, which would suggest both it and Tarna Dal were not in existence at the time of Baba Deep Singh Ji:

The Establishment of Budha Dal

Dal Khalsa became too powerful and was very difficult to control centrally by Nawab Kapoor Singh particularly, after the death of Darbara Singh in 1734. He divided Singhs into 2 major groups (Jathas); Budha Dal and the other one Tarvna Dal. The Jatha of Budhadal had all the members of the age group above 40 years where as all the members of Tarna Dal had to be below 40 years of age. These too bands had their own drum (Nagara) and banner (Nishan). Nawab Kapoor Singh remained in command of these two dals which were jointly known as Dal Khalsa.

This would suggest that Dal Khalsa was the order of Nihangs which originally existed, and then this was split by Nawab Kapoor Singh Ji to make the Budha and Tarna Dals.

If you wanna become a Nihang just to eat/do chatka and take degh, then your doing it for all the wrong reasons, theres much more to being a Nihang then that.

95445[/snapback]

NaHH im just facinated with nihangs so i wanna know what they do on a daily basis, what is thier target, in rehat it quotes bani to prove a point and i wanna know if wen they say about chatka and degh what bani they quote if ya getz meh ?

nuff luv

erm no offense paaji, but why go looking into the nihang rehat?is it honestly to make a judgement on whther you want to follow it, or jus want to see what all the fuss is about.

here, basically nihangs can eat meat, cut hair on their body, only have to wear..lets sey..2 or 3 of the panj kakaar and thats only for starters.

now if this doesnt put you off, then go ahead read the nihang rehat..c what you get out of it.

but my advice to you is ignore all this stuff, focus on the most basic rehat, try and get it right and then you can explore other rehats, but once youve followed the basic rehat you wont need to.

stop looking around, what you need is right infront of you.why cant you c it????

bhul chuk maaf

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

lets sey..2 or 3 of the panj kakaar and thats only for starters.

NOOO, they wear thier full kakkar, and they wear another 5 sashtur's cus father ses that 'if you want to see me i have to have panj sashtur at all times'

soo DUNT DISS NIHANGS, father was one aswell

lets sey..2 or 3 of the panj kakaar and thats only for starters.

NOOO, they wear thier full kakkar, and they wear another 5 sashtur's cus father ses that 'if you want to see me i have to have panj sashtur at all times'

soo DUNT DISS NIHANGS, father was one aswell

95455[/snapback]

so the... lets recap- all Amritdharis who do not wear 5 shastars will not get Darshan of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji????

So I guess they're all wasting their time following what they think is the Rehat he set then, eh?

What a bunch of idiots then, eh Kumi?

5 Shastar refer to proper 5 shastar, as in a tupak, tabar, pash, tulwar, and teer kamaan, not 5 kesa wale shastar, the amount of Nihangs who keep true to this maryada is very few indeed. This was meant to be for the times of Maharaj when the Khalsa were always in a Jang, and 5 Shastar meant that they were always tyar bar tyar. Carrying shastar just for the sake of it is also a disregard for Khalsa Maryada, if you dont know how to use it, i wouldnt carry it.