Nihang Rehat

`KuMi´

kk if you played telephone, you know that the word always changes....

alot of maryadas are oral traditions

sooo the older the closer to what guru ji said

why do we want that?

cuz singhs and kaurs back then were soo chardi kala, gave shaheedi, mothers gave there kids for shaheedi

now tha same mother tells her son n daughter not to grow kes or dastarr she doesnt want em to be picked on or harmed

ppl cry ohh the 84 shaheeds were just kids why o why did they have to be "militant"

ppl are proud that punjabis can drink any Brit,scot,irish guy under tha table,,,,instead of tha shaheedi there family gave

we forget things like our bani, our history things like that we gottta go back to tha basics

95350[/snapback]

A lot of maryadas are oral tradition. That is correct, and as we know oral traditions have the tendency to be flawed. Now, what is the main method by which the Budha Dal and Nihangs in general pass their history/beliefs etc?? Oral Tradition is a big part of what they do!

This is not intended at all to be critical of any particular Rehat- the point I am trying to make is be critical of all Rehats- if they don't live up to the teachings of the Guru, it is likely they are not derived from the Guru.

is the rehat suppose to be changed to adapt our life style now????

Personally i think NOT!! Like many are saying ...the older the better...obviously more closer to what the gurus have said......also if you believe in the guru's fully and obviously god, you know that the guru's could look to the future and they have taken everything into account when they created a rehat...this is just what i think....but hey..who knows!

Not trying to diss any religion but the reason why many people think that the christian religion is abit..i dont know the word...well put it this way, the reason people think we have a sort of advantage is because we havent created a new testament!!

Kumi, hard as it will be try not to get influenced by anyone...choose wisely!! Very wisely!!

Sorry if i have offended anyone! :):

i was looknig through the emoticons...how are we suppose to use the one saying 'iron my shirt' ..sorry random thought! lol!

is the rehat suppose to be changed to adapt our life style now????

Personally i think NOT!!

Haww i was talking bout me adapt to the rehat, i would neva eva think of adapting a rehat to my life, if ya get wa meh mean

i just fancinated wiv da nihang peeps (the propa wuns)

nuff luv

waattt

taksal did NOT COME from buddha dal

this was started as a seperate instuite of learning shudh gurbani and meanings, at damdama sahib, and constantly moved from darbaar sahib to murala, to bhindran, to metha etc. etc.

but it was never a part of the budha dal

and

buddha dal maryada today is very vwery corrupted

meat cannot be eaten at any time, be it chatka or halaal

bhang cannot be consumed

nihangs have horrible hate and unfairness to mehajbi sikhs, they cant even take the same amrit, and eat same langar at nihang dals

thas messssed upppp

kirpan amrit for bibis

and a lot of other stuff in nihang mryada is wrong

this is due to british, hindu influences, speically cause of british

who introducwd many things to try and break sikhi but they failed

but they got to some jathai a little bit

the buddha dal maryada is a purtaan one, but has been changed cause of british and other factors

but it does date to guru jes times, and theere is a lot of stuff common with other purtaaan jathai such as taksal, which has remained almost unchanged

bhula chuka maf