Giani Ji Beaten & hospitalised while doing Sewa!

oo arguement

NO, But if i sin a granthi doing that, id probally turn away in disgust, am not the perffect gursikh, yea i know, but id neva do guru, ji seva in shoes or flip flop

fo example if u sin a paki doin seva wiv shows on, u know dat paki is goin dwn,

btw, was the granthi first asked to take his shoes off

96265[/snapback]

Turn away in disgust?? The Granth is carrying your Guru, and you'd turn away in disgust- that would also entail turning away from Guru Ji

And if a 'paki' was doing seva with shoes on you'd beat him up???? Maybe he doesn't know he's meant to have his shoes off!

96267[/snapback]

Um tha granthi wasnt carrying guru ji he was doin shour sahib, buh i think that when satnding by or next to gruu ji [on the same platform] i think u should not ever wear shoes, i dow like ppl that do that.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oo arguement
NO, But if i sin a granthi doing that, id probally turn away in disgust, am not the perffect gursikh, yea i know, but id neva do guru, ji seva in shoes or flip flop

96265[/snapback]

Turn away in disgust?? The Granth is carrying your Guru, and you'd turn away in disgust- that would also entail turning away from Guru Ji

And if a 'paki' was doing seva with shoes on you'd beat him up???? Maybe he doesn't know he's meant to have his shoes off!

96267[/snapback]

Um tha granthi wasnt carrying guru ji he was doin shour sahib, buh i think that when satnding by or next to gruu ji [on the same platform] i think u should not ever wear shoes, i dow like ppl that do that.

96268[/snapback]

U got me- very observant- now back to beating up the 'paki' doing seva with shoes on- please elaborate on that issue.

Fateh

first, Kamaldeep Ji, before arguing lets practise wot we preach :)

lets not argue abt this. plz y be stupid moorakhs n stoop down as low as me huh?! u dont want that no do uu???

punishing that person infront of guru ji is an insult in itself, coz it shows dat guru ji dusnt haf the power 2 punish. and also, they dint bother forgiving the granthi. wqot abt all the seva he dun b4? all forgotten. we all humans we make mistakes. he was a human too! cum off it, bet the peepz who ganged up oin the singh were not amritdhari coz dat would BE amrit's biadBE.

Soz had 2 tell u wot i thought abt this...

FATEH!

oo arguement

96265[/snapback]

96267[/snapback]

96268[/snapback]

This topic was once raised at the local Gurdwara in UK and so they asked a learned respected baba who was visiting for his opinion. He was of the opinion that it was OK to wear shoes becasue would you rather go into the Darbar hall and Sachkand with clean feet or with dirt on them. He said at most Gurdwara in UK there was no facility like in India to wash your feet before you entered a Gurdwara so it was better to wear shoes and take them off before entering the Guru Ghar.

Plus it is not unknown to step in dog poo etc with shoes on so would you want to do this and go into Sachkand area ?

We are not meant to observe petty rituals and have such taboos so what is the problem with shoes ?

Please can you cut down on the "Paki" remarks. It degrades the debate and puts the debate down to gutter level.

Fateh

lets not argue abt this. plz y be stupid moorakhs n stoop down as low as me huh?! u dont want that no do uu???

punishing that person infront of guru ji is an insult in itself, coz it shows dat guru ji dusnt haf the power 2 punish. and also, they dint bother forgiving the granthi. wqot abt all the seva he dun b4? all forgotten. we all humans we make mistakes. he was a human too! cum off it, bet the peepz who ganged up oin the singh were not amritdhari coz dat would BE amrit's biadBE.

FATEH!

96271[/snapback]

This mans a G, hes got so much pyaar, i understand now, soz fow ma pervious comments, u lot were rite no.gifno.gif , next time ill win

oo arguement

96265[/snapback]

96267[/snapback]

96268[/snapback]

This topic was once raised at the local Gurdwara in UK and so they asked a learned respected baba who was visiting for his opinion. He was of the opinion that it was OK to wear shoes becasue would you rather go into the Darbar hall and Sachkand with clean feet or with dirt on them. He said at most Gurdwara in UK there was no facility like in India to wash your feet before you entered a Gurdwara so it was better to wear shoes and take them off before entering the Guru Ghar.

Plus it is not unknown to step in dog poo etc with shoes on so would you want to do this and go into Sachkand area ?

We are not meant to observe petty rituals and have such taboos so what is the problem with shoes ?

Please can you cut down on the "Paki" remarks. It degrades the debate and puts the debate down to gutter level.

96272[/snapback]

doesnt paki mean pure????

I think we're all missing the important thing here... What happened to Guru Ji? I mean, if they beat up the granthi, what did they do to guru ji? Take guru ji to somewhere else on their heads? Wouldn't they have to take off their shoes? And then wash their hands? And did they take a shower that day? And what did they do after that? My point, is that the Granthi did all of this, and he was forced to wear shoes. He could have easily passed this duty off to someone else, but it was his honor, his privilage, and his pleasure to carry Guru Ji elsewhere. And these idiots wanted to take it away from him. Ridiculous.

Wearing shoes inside the Gurdwara, Diwaan, or sitting on Takhat Sahib doing Sewa of guru ji is not right.

However, there is nothing wrong with a sewadaar wearing shoes when walking OUTSIDE when Guru ji is being carried from place to another via walking.

Be honest, would you walk barefooted on ground where someone has spat, a dog has urinated, a cow has done its dung, someone has left broken glass, and sharp rocks and stones are on the floor?

Be honest, would you think that Guru Ji would want us to walk outside barefooted or walk with shoes on? --- Did Baba Mardana Ji, Baba Deep Singh and other Mahaan Sikhs who followed the Guru's footsteps OUTSIDE wear something in their feet to protect them from dirt, injury and prevent pain?

What are we trying to prove when we cause our feet pain by walking barefooted outside --- does it make us more religious? is it for showing others our sewa-bhaav??

Wearing shoes inside the Gurdwara, Diwaan, or sitting on Takhat Sahib doing Sewa of guru ji is not right.

However, there is nothing wrong with a sewadaar wearing shoes when walking OUTSIDE when Guru ji is being carried from place to another via walking.

Be honest, would you walk barefooted on ground where someone has spat, a dog has urinated, a cow has done its dung, someone has left broken glass, and sharp rocks and stones are on the floor?

Be honest, would you think that Guru Ji would want us to walk outside barefooted or walk with shoes on? --- Did Baba Mardana Ji, Baba Deep Singh and other Mahaan Sikhs who followed the Guru's footsteps OUTSIDE wear something in their feet to protect them from dirt, injury and prevent pain?

What are we trying to prove when we cause our feet pain by walking barefooted outside --- does it make us more religious?  is it for showing others our sewa-bhaav??

96305[/snapback]

you know what

TRUE SAYY!!

biggup

Fateh

FATEH!

96271[/snapback]

This mans a G, hes got so much pyaar, i understand now, soz fow ma pervious comments, u lot were rite no.gifno.gif , next time ill win

oo arguement

96265[/snapback]

96267[/snapback]

96268[/snapback]

96272[/snapback]

doesnt paki mean pure????

96281[/snapback]

I am sure you know it is used as a racial slur as well and going by what you have written it appears there was rhetoric behind you using it. Pure and the slur you use both have the same number of letters (4) so write pure if that is what you mean !