Maharaja Dulip Singh

`KuMi´

not only did she take the crown jewels of the punjab crown, she also took away the famous jaloe sahib that is always paraded at darbar sahib on very special gurpurabs (like prakash divas SGGS).

the SGPC managed to get them back in 1925 after george V agreed to hand this over, in doing this, the keys to the toshakhanna (where jaloe is lokced...on top of darshani deori) were handed back. gandhi hailed this as "the first major victory for indians".

chav language....

vikey like nah man i want sum other stuff, not jus sum lil crappy diamond, i want other stuff (reference 2 kohinoor). she like yea m the nu head of the gurdwaras, m da nu bibi jaghir kaur, so corrupt n fat like her, i can do nythin i want. i wanna take da jaloe sahib dat maharaja ranjit singh made n use it 4 maself cuz m such a h*e.

so goray like yea we luv u queeny we;ll get u nythin u want, so dey took jaloe sahib.

singh sahibs since like nah man we gonna smak every single gora until u giv us jaloe.

her grandson, george V like sfe yea we'll giv ure stuff bak. da keys were handed bak n the doors 2 toshakhanna were opened 4 the first time in like 60 years. gandhi made a speech n in dat speech he sed "yo sik guys, we winnin dis game now!!!!"

this is the famous jaloe.....

http://www.gurmatps.org/sikhgifs/tshakhna.html

(mind you, the chaur sahib was not given by the raja, but actually by a muslim fakir which has thousands of fine hairs, this was donated in 1925 and is displayed with the jaloe).

india has made attempts to get the jewels back, but because afghanistan claims jewels such as the kohinoor as theres, the queen now says she cannot give it away as it could go to the wrong hands (i.e. she may give it to afghans but should have gone to india).

the kohinoor is not ripped in two pieces, one half in the crown and another in a sword only worn once by the queen mother.

chav...

india went 2 da queen like "oi u stupid kuthi, we want our jewels bak like kohinoor". bu taliban was like "oi india shut up yea, we want our stuff u robbed us wid stuff like kohinoor" (althought kohinoor is said to originate from the plains of lucknow, ahmed shah abdali took this jewel back to iran, only for him to be stopped by the pathani fauj of afghanistan). queen like "cant giv u dis stuff cz i dunno hu it belongs 2, cuz india sayin it ures, but taliban like tellin em 2 shut it n sayiin nah man its ours, nah man soz yea cant giv it u, cuz 2 ppl here, i cud giv it 2 da wrong peeps".

kohinoor was actually cut twice, n da queens mum wore it on her coronation wen she became queen.

To my best knowlege, Maharaja Ranjit Singh never had a heir.  I thought Duleep Singh was a cousin/relative of some sort.
raja ranjit singh placed the kingship mark on kanwar nau nihal singh on his deathbed, eventually it was given to the other singhs and then went to raja daleep singh.
Btw, why are we calling Duleep Singh "Raja"??  The dude went off to UK shaved his stuff off,  married a white women and converted to christianity while the brits were running his country. He sound more of a fool to me.

i used to think that when i was 10, but delve more into this, he was made to cut his hair, he was made to be a gora, he didnt say anything against sikhi and convert (like you get some people aaj). he was dragged into a church by some soldiers and they converted him from there. only when he realised his routes did he eventually come back. and the brits ran the place as they said if under his rule a civil war breaks out, we will take over, but only in emergency. they planned a civil war and that ended the whole rule.

gustaphi maaf

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the manipulation of dalip singh by the english was very sad. But this should not come as a surprise because thats how the western world controlled the eastern or even any other land they entered during those times. First they convert the kings and then the rest of the public follows. And usually the religion of the king is the religion of the public. Well we can't really feel so bad about it because thats the hukam of Waheguru. Everything falls under his hukam so I really have no right to say that what happened was wrong.

Re: the British taking our jewels. Uhh the last time I checked gurbani, we were suppose to stray away from maya! And if we still feel sour about the english taking our 'jewels' then really we want that maya back. I mean if they had stolen some important scriptures (as was done during the 1984 attack on the Harmandar sahib), then we should have reasons to cuss at them but jewels...not worth it! Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Gur fateh.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

all i know besides everything else is tht when Dulip Singh's mother met him after long......long time, she was blind...so when she hugged him, her hands went to his head and she cried bcz he had cut his hair...then he realized whi he was and converted back to Sikhi....

my 2 cents

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

Phanji Kurta...can you please respond to threads without hurling any insults? Not only to this thread but many other threads...we're all here to learn (especially myself) ... but if you have a problem with anger management and you're looking to pick a fight..you've met the right person.

You said:

Maharaja Rhunjeet Singh Ji had many Maharani/Rani. He had issue with many of these Rani. Duleep Singh was one of his sons although the British spun tales about him not being the real father of many of his successor.
I responded to Kumi's thread based on vague memory ohmy.gif : . Sri Guru Maharaj Gobind Singh Ji said that if anybody build a monument on his name, that person shall not have a heirloom in this world....but Raja Ranjit Singh went ahead and build Takhat Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib in Nandeed in the early 1830's...and Dulip Singh was born in 1838, I don't have the exact dates but I guess it doesn't matter, Dulip Singh's children died childless and with them the family tree of Ranjit Singh.

You said:

Maharaja / Raja is not a Sikh title. It is generic title used by Hindu and Sikh rulers so it does not matter if he "shaved his stuff off, married a white woman and converted to christianity". He was very young when many say he was influenced by John Logie (his Guardian after 2nd Anglo Sikh wars) to convert etc.

Marrying a white woman does not stop you being a Sikh so that is irrelevant. Also he converted back to Sikhi before he died.

I think it is insulting that you refer to him as a fool. The real fool is the person who does not study his/her own history and comes out with rubbish just like the half baked stories you have written in you post based on rubbish you have heard. Get a few decent history books on Sikhi and learn before you refer to others as fools !

I think you've taken the whole word out of context ...It was basically Dulip Singh's lack of knowledge in Sikhi that got him converted into Christianity...and you've called me a fool for my lack of knowledge in Sikh-history....thanks for proving my point.

I think you've taken the whole word out of context ...It was basically Dulip Singh's lack of knowledge in Sikhi that got him converted into Christianity...and you've called me a fool for my lack of knowledge in Sikh-history....thanks for proving my point.

96795[/snapback]

YooOOOooOOOo Wereee Alllllllllllllllll Fooollllssssssss, Dont watch Dat

Do not fight on my thread, :)

Fight in some nex wun, i need this thread to enhance my knowlage, which i will never use again

Can someone explain what the monument in the U.K. represents. It seems to be something to do with Anglo-Sikh relations.

Don't quite understand where the relations are when the British invade and kill sikhs take over the raising of a child, strip him of his faith. The child grows up to eventually oppose the people who looted his family and kidnapped him to change the course of his life forever.

What does the plaque read? How do sikhs in the U.K. feel about this momument? Are sikhs behind the monument or the british? Does the plaque acknowledge that the British stole, killed, effectively forcibly converted, and kidnapped?

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

Phanji Kurta...can you please respond to threads without hurling any insults?  Not only to this thread but many other threads...we're all here to learn (especially myself) ... but if you have a problem with anger management and you're looking to pick a fight..you've met the right person.

You said:

Maharaja Rhunjeet Singh Ji had many Maharani/Rani. He had issue with many of these Rani. Duleep Singh was one of his sons although the British spun tales about him not being the real father of many of his successor.

I responded to Kumi's thread based on vague memory ohmy.gif : . Sri Guru Maharaj Gobind Singh Ji said that if anybody build a monument on his name, that person shall not have a heirloom in this world....but Raja Ranjit Singh went ahead and build Takhat Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib in Nandeed in the early 1830's...and Dulip Singh was born in 1838, I don't have the exact dates but I guess it doesn't matter, Dulip Singh's children died childless and with them the family tree of Ranjit Singh.

You said:

Maharaja / Raja is not a Sikh title. It is generic title used by Hindu and Sikh rulers so it does not matter if he "shaved his stuff off, married a white woman and converted to christianity". He was very young when many say he was influenced by John Logie (his Guardian after 2nd Anglo Sikh wars) to convert etc.

Marrying a white woman does not stop you being a Sikh so that is irrelevant. Also he converted back to Sikhi before he died.

I think it is insulting that you refer to him as a fool. The real fool is the person who does not study his/her own history and comes out with rubbish just like the half baked stories you have written in you post based on rubbish you have heard. Get a few decent history books on Sikhi and learn before you refer to others as fools !

96795[/snapback]

Firstly I suggest you read my replies before making accusation about insults. The only one where I used the word fool was after your insult of Maharaja Dalip Singh. The other replies have been informative.

You were the one who can not be bothered to get your facts right and went out your way to disrespect Maharaja Dalip Singh by referring to him as a fool. So I suggest you learn how to manage your thought process before posting. You do not go around calling people fools just because you cannot be bothered to read about Sikh history.

Kumi Ji needed information and he was not disrespectful about Maharaja Dalip Singh when he asked questions. So why was there a need for you to make insulting remarks, if you did not know you could have asked questions in a civillised manner.

As for arguments, you really need to mature. Forums are about debating.

Regarding your other points

I responded to Kumi's thread based on vague memory . Sri Guru Maharaj Gobind Singh Ji said that if anybody build a monument on his name, that person shall not have a heirloom in this world....but Raja Ranjit Singh went ahead and build Takhat Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib in Nandeed in the early 1830's...and Dulip Singh was born in 1838, I don't have the exact dates but I guess it doesn't matter, Dulip Singh's children died childless and with them the family tree of Ranjit Singh.

The Hazur Sahib story is one of much debate. On the one hand people say Guru Gobind Singh Ji forbid the building of anything in his memory yet on the other hand people say that Guru Ji waits for all his Sikhs to visit Hazur Sahib before they are XX years old. Now why would Guru Ji forbid the building of what is now Hazur Sahib yet expect his GurSikhs to visit it before a certain age ?

Can someone explain what the monument in the U.K. represents. It seems to be something to do with Anglo-Sikh relations.

Don't quite understand where the relations are when the British invade and kill sikhs take over the raising of a child, strip him of his faith. The child grows up to eventually oppose the people who looted his family and kidnapped him to change the course of his life forever.

What does the plaque read? How do sikhs in the U.K. feel about this momument? Are sikhs behind the monument or the british? Does the plaque acknowledge that the British stole, killed, effectively forcibly converted, and kidnapped?

96838[/snapback]

The monument is the brainchild of some people connected with the Nanaksar Tath Isher Darbar who set up a Trust . It is meant to depict Maharaja Dalip Singh on a horse but when you look at it, there is very little likeness of the statue to Maharaja Dalip Singh Ji.