• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that hurts

if our own ppl rnt supporting us

then where will this lead Sikhi

they may hav done sum good

but things liek this jus piss me off

it doesnt make sense n they think this will help Sikhi?

havin movies played liek this?

this will just bring down Sikhi

Sikhi is goin down in India alrdy

do they want the same to happen in outside countries like canada/uk/us

i dun get it

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

piarayo, as someone has already mentioned. Sri Akal Takhat has already given this movie permission to play across the world. no.gif Though some organizations in india have sent the movie back to the censor board the canadian pormotor some guy named Sunny Gill or something like that has already gone on radio saying that this movie is being still released on friday! :) @ Now what gets me is that, the movie is being re-checked by the censor board and Still its being released? no.gif

Anyway, Im really surprised to see all the older folks just sitting on there rear ends and not talking about this in the limelight, meaning where are all the so called panthic committees now? OGC, OSGC, COSS, Damdami Taksal (singhs from malton), AKJ singhs. Why are they all quiet?

We need to do something, and if its calling a peaceful protest infront of a cinema, im all for it!

Jathedar Vidhanti appears to have done the about face

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20050513/punjab1.htm

Vedanti’s volte face on ‘Jo Bole So Nihal’

SGPC writes to Censor Board

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, May 12

Even as the Jathedar, Akal Takht , Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, made a volte-face on the controversial film , “Jo Bole So Nihal”, and claimed that he had not given any clean chit in this regard , the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee has written a strong-worded letter to the Censor Board, ignoring the report of a sub-committee constituted by Mr Vedanti in this regard.

The letter shot off to the Censor Board by the SGPC secretary , Mr Dalmegh Singh ,on behalf of its president, Bibi Jagir Kaur, has made the position of Jathedar Vedanti awkward . Many SGPC members have openly criticised Jathedar Vedanti for the haste shown by him in giving a clean chit to the controversial film.

Jathedar Vedanti said his name was being unnecessarily dragged into the controversy and it was unethical on the part of the petitioner to submit his letter in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. He said Sikh high priests were above the court and hence the petitioner had “stabbed in the back” by submitting the report of the sub-committee, forwarded by him, in the court.

Mr Hardip Singh Mohali , an SGPC member, has expressed surprise over the “hasty step” taken by Jathedar Vedanti . He said it was intriguing that Jathedar Vedanti constituted a committee the next day after receiving the letter on May 4 . The committee visited Mumbai on May 8 and submitted its report the next day, which was submitted in the court the day after. He said while hundreds of petitions were lying unattended with the Akal Takht secretariat, haste was shown in the case of this film.

Mr Prithipal Singh Sandhu, non-official personal assistant and close relative of Jathedar Vedanti, who was not even a member of the sub-committee, also went to Mumbai to see the movie, which raised much suspicion. Earlier , Mr Sandhu was removed as personal assistant to Jathedar Vedanti by the SGPC on bribe charges.

Mr Manjit Singh Calcutta, a senior member of the SGPC, while expressing his surprise and shock over the developments, said the case pertained to the SGPC and not to Akal Takht. Mr Calcutta said he had gone to Mumbai to review film “Machis” but he and other members had spent the entire money from their own pockets . In case of “Jo Bole So Nihal” , the air tickets were arranged by the party concerned, which was against ethics .

Meanwhile, the role of Mr Charnjit Singh Chadha , president of the Chief Khalsa Diwan, also came under scanner for reportedly approaching the Jathedar, Akal Takht, in this regard . However, Mr Chadha claimed that he had not sought any favour for the film but simply suggested to him to constitute a permanent committee by taking members from the Chief Khalsa Diwan, the SGPC and the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee for taking up such cases with the Censor Board in future.

The SGPC, in its letter to the Censor Board, stated that using of sacred slogans like “Jo Bole So Nihal” was bound to incite the sentiments of the Sikh community. The letter says that the SGPC could not allow the use of slogans from holy scriptures, which did not conform, to its maryada.

reli?? well ppl were tellin me the whole akal takht thing n how we shudnt go protest cuz its goin against the decision blah blah

which is a bunch of bs

but ppl i respect tol me not to

so thas y i listened

otherwise the decision by those jathedars is a very stupid decision

butt hmmm i gues the only thing to do is educate ppl bout sikhi