KARA SITUATION..IN ENGLAND!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet would be to bind a small kara or chakri kara into your joora, and wear one on your wrist. When PE time comes along then take the one off your wrist to keep your teachers happy, they dont need to know about the one in your kesh. If you do go to court and end up losing this case then you will have to pay thousands in court fees. Try to comprimise with your school rather then wasting time on this case.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhaen Jee or Bha Jee,

Really shocked to hear what you're having to face. Which country are you in? If in UK, which City are you in? If you let people on this forum know - I'm sure loads of people would be willing to help make representations to your school. It might also be good to get a politically recognised organistion involved, like Sikh Federation (if you're in UK).

If you can provide more details, I'm sure that a good legal team could get sorted out, to really scare the crap out of your school!!! And also, make sure the Gurudwara representative is well educated and can present Sikhi views across to the school well in a professional manner.

In anticipation of more info.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

98005[/snapback]

LOL.gif i think englandz a part of UK ...and the paaji with the problem already said that .....so yes "naamras" paaji he is in the UK

Your best bet would be to bind a small kara or chakri kara into your joora, and wear one on your wrist.  When PE time comes along then take the one off your wrist to keep your teachers happy, they dont need to know about the one in your kesh.  If you do go to court and end up losing this case then you will have to pay thousands in court fees.  Try to comprimise with your school rather then wasting time on this case.

98092[/snapback]

Shaheeds never compromised....

Shaheeds never compromised....

98106[/snapback]

Why compromise over such an issue?

If Singhs could go to WAR with MORE THEN ONE kara on y cnt we do pe?

If Singhs could play pro sports with them on y cnt we do pe?

If a Singh can box with a kara on y cnt we do pe?

If a Singh can grapple with a kara on, y cnt we do pe?

I never had a problem wearing a kara to do ne sport. I jst made sure it was a small one and not a big one. it doesnt stop blood flow, it dnt hurt me, it doesnt hurt no1 else unless they come into it and if they do its their problem not mine as they shud never get so close!!!

A kara is part of a Sikhs uniform. If you went to school not wearing correct uniform they would shout at you. What will Guru Gobind Singh Ji say if a Khalsa walked into his Darbar not thiyaar bithiyaar? he slap you up! We need to make a stand. Might go to court but isnt religious entitlement more then money?

Mai Bhago didnt think of cooking and cleaning when she lead the Chali Mukhtay into battle!!

Like said bro, email in and let us speak to your school, we should beable to come to an agreement.

Out of interest, how big is the kara? only reason is, if its a big one, then yeh replace with a smaller one only for pe. reason is in employment within public places, this is also a requirment so we cnt get out that one!!!!

WJKK WJKF

paji awkward issue, i think they dont let ppl wear kareh during p.e etc in case they hurt someone like if u playing tennis and u swing back and ur kara hits next matey in the mouth oucccccccch...now i have had teeth knocked out and its pretty pain-ful. but for amrit dahris they should be able to wear kareh during p.e if ur skool dont agree trying explaining to them via a letter and talk to ur head or govenors if they dont agree then take it up with a well established sikh organisation like sikhi fed.> www.sikhfederation.com hope this helps.

paji awkward issue, i think they dont let ppl wear kareh during p.e etc in case they hurt someone like if u playing tennis and u swing back and ur kara hits next matey in the mouth oucccccccch...now i have had teeth knocked out and its pretty pain-ful. but for amrit dahris they should be able to wear kareh during p.e if ur skool dont agree trying explaining to them via a letter and talk to ur head or govenors if they dont agree then take it up with a well established sikh organisation like sikhi fed.> www.sikhfederation.com hope this helps.

98122[/snapback]

i dnt see how if next man is standing behind you and gets smacked in the mouth thats the fault of your kara!! Mainly due to the extension on your arm from the racket will impact first!!! - Say even if a kara wasnt there, would still get a good stike!!!

Apologies for my persistance in proving the kara has no hinderance on daily life and pe. until a valid reason is given, dnt see why it should even need to be taken!!

simply cover it up. tye some material around it - like keski or so, how i do grappling. kara is very nicely and securly tied!! better then sweat bands too as kara can slip out.