A True Gursikh Wedding???

Akaali

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grin.gif well, firstly i dont think the people who posted their pics online want to know whether we see them as TRUE gursikhs or not. Secondly i dont think two bottles of wine if that is wine gives us enough information as to whether the Amritdharis were drinking or not. Its probably a gift or someting that someone brought with them.

Its million times better than any punjabi wedding where you dont see any wiskey bottles on the tables, but u do see the drunken uncles on the floor with the bottle next to them.

I never said they were drinking, and I don't care if they want me to judge them as true gursikhs or not, I'm still gonna do it cuz they're representing the Sikhi saroop.

How can you say this is any better than any punjabi party? Apparantly not all parties have drunken uncles on the floor, most of them have the decency to hold a decent party for the entire family, there maybe some idiots who get drunk.

Having the saroop of Guru Gobind Singh ji, and doing those things is not suitable for any Singh/Singhni, and especially kissing in public its just disgusting, let alone it shows them being overpowered by moh or kaam, whatever you wanna call it.

Sure they might've got the bottle as a present, but it just goes to show what type of friends they have and how much they know each other. Giving a Singh, a bottle of wine or whisky is just absurd.

Having the saroop of Guru Gobind Singh ji, and doing those things is not suitable for any Singh/Singhni, and especially kissing in public its just disgusting, let alone it shows them being overpowered by moh or kaam, whatever you wanna call it.

Sure they might've got the bottle as a present, but it just goes to show what type of friends they have and how much they know each other. Giving a Singh, a bottle of wine or whisky is just absurd.

[sarcasm] Rather you should show no emotions towards your wife, be a straight face thru your wedding. If you don't that would mean you are enjoying 'your' wedding and if you are kissing your wife showing affection you are engrossed in Maya and are showing Sexual Desire. [/sarcasm] Kaam is Kaam regardless if you do it in the Seclusion of your house or if you do it in Public. You cannot say with 100% Certainty that they are expressing Kaam. Physically Kissing could be more innocent and pure than someone just thinking about kissing in a Sexual Manner.

Not everyone has a conservative and expressionless view on Sikhi.

Kissing being 'disgusting' is your feeling on somone expressing their Love for each other. Who are you to get in their way and judge their actions without fully knowing them. Just as you say they dont know their friends well to give them such a gift of wine, well it just goes to who how little you know them to pass judgement on their actions.

Forgive me if this sound overboard but your judgment on the couple and their friends from seeing them in a picutre ONLY is rather premature and frankly arrogant.

[sarcasm] Rather you should show no emotions towards your wife, be a straight face thru your wedding. If you don't that would mean you are enjoying 'your' wedding and if you are kissing your wife showing affection you are engrossed in Maya and are showing Sexual Desire. [/sarcasm] Kaam is Kaam regardless if you do it in the Seclusion of your house or if you do it in Public. You cannot say with 100% Certainty that they are expressing Kaam. Physically Kissing could be more innocent and pure than someone just thinking about kissing in a Sexual Manner.

Not everyone has a conservative and expressionless view on Sikhi.

Kissing being 'disgusting' is your feeling on somone expressing their Love for each other. Who are you to get in their way and judge their actions without fully knowing them. Just as you say they dont know their friends well to give them such a gift of wine, well it just goes to who how little you know them to pass judgement on their actions.

Forgive me if this sound overboard but your judgment on the couple and their friends from seeing them in a picutre ONLY is rather premature and frankly arrogant.

98089[/snapback]

I totally agree with pheena veer ji. it depends on person to person how they express their love. For some people even "holding hand" in public is a BIG thing or 'disgusting'.

Thats my view towards those pictures, I don't argue over such stupidity. Its common sense for those who know from right and wrong.

98095[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong veer, i am not against one expressing their views, just as i have expresed mine. But i do feel as your views perhaps unintentionally are suffocating the essense of expressing affection and the freedom to express ones self in a manner that is rightous to them. Farmost of all you and I have no idea who these people are and here we are making assumption on whether what they are doing is right or wrong. One thing i have learned is never conclude on half the information. Until one does not know for certain he/she can only make Assumptions and create false impressions.

Its also common sense to not base assumptions on preconceived pattern of actions that are without the intent of seeking the reality of the situation.