A True Gursikh Wedding???

Akaali

Gurfateh!!

They may not have been in the Sangat of Guru Ji during those pics, but it doesnt mean they werent doing beadbi of Guru Ji.

They were wearing Bana. Thats disrespectful enough as it is. Bana is not something you flaunt as they were doing. Bana is not something you kiss in.

As an Amritdhari, its you're duty to make sure alcohol isnt present at your own wedding!!

I hear so many people giving white Sikhs in america so much praise, on the whole most deserve it. But this lot?????

Anyway who am i to judge? I make mistakes we all do. But you DO NOT kiss in public in Bana!!!!!!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akaal108

It's just a affectionate kiss between married couples for vahiguroo's sake??

Ok let me get this right..now kissing within married life is TABOOO !! .LOL.. LOL.gif

someone raised an point of kissing with bana on is disrespect....how about kissing with kachera on is that disrespect as well then?? isn't kachera part of bana as well then?

so what you do suggest here?? take off kachera while kissing or making out ??

hai hai this is pure manmat..lol LOL.gif

come on man..let's bury this thing ..why focus on people's life?? why can't focus on your own?

Kiss within married life might be taboo in certain cults, sects but certainly isn't in sikhi..

I am just amaze at people spent soo much time debating on such a stupid stuff...it's their married life, married ceremony..they have every right to be affectionate towards each other..kissing is another part of being affectionate....bringing points like oh wear bana and kissing is no good..so tell me panthic singho (SIKH POLICE) , isn't kachera part of bana as well? what should that person do..take off his kachera and kiss his beloved wife then?? then you guys be complaining oooooooooooh shoooot this is manmat..he just commited kureahit...PESH PESH PESH PESH !! (Note: I do personally think taking kachera out from any reason is "wrong"..so don't take it out of context..that comment is there to make people think that's all...)

man seriously you guys are making mockering of yourself ...really disappointed.. no.gif

Guest Akaal108

taken from sikhawareness.

Here is what bhai nand lal goya says:

(He is the same Nand Lal Goya whose writings are considered to be a compulsory reading with those of Bhai Gurdas for anyone studying Sikhi. They happen to be in Persian)

I just wish to quote one of the ghazzals of this great saint, Bhai Nand Lal Goya:

The kiss of your tiny and tender lips surpasses all sweetness

This is not a metaphor, it is truth unsurpassed

Know separation, so that you can yearn for union

How can you reach the goal without separation as your guide.

Look into the eyes of the Beloved and become one like the eye lashes

Till the bowl of desire gets filled with the diamonds of fulfillment

The lover's branch of hope never bears fruit

Till tears do not, make the eyelashes green with waterin

Everything is futile, o Goya, do not even talk of love

For who puts his feet on this path, who does not give his head!

(trans. B.P.L. Bedi)

Still MANMAT? IF, yes then you must be higher spiritual state than bhai nand lal ji .

Dhan Dhan Tuhadaie :T:

Also someone else writes:

A Sikh woman is not a machine to produce baby khalsas so they should be treated same as women. There should be affection, love between couple regardless of their spiritual level. And having love for your wife is not lust.

Gurfateh!!

Veer Ji, usually i do not disagree with your line of thinking. I think its perfectly normal that couples kiss, and do whatever they have to. There nothing wrong with it. To be honest i look forward to it, and hope whichever poor soul marrys me does to.

If anyone cares to read Dasam Bani, one will know that Maharaaj Ji does not condemn such activities, between married Gursikh couples.

However when out in public, a certain amount of respect needs to be given to the Roop Maharaaj Ji has given us. Khalsa is Guru Ji.

Don't get me wrong, all of the Guru's with the exception of one, lead family lives and bought children into this duniya. Theres only one way we reproduce.

But none of Them went out in public showing off physical relationships with Their Wives. This is done out of respect for the Women.

Bhai Nand Lal Ji, is not talking about showing physical affection in public, these are things which are confined to the couples privacy.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE SPENDING SO MUCH TIME ON THIS TOPIC! Ok everyone has their own opinion on whether it is or is not right for this couple to kiss in public but this is silly.

I've seen so called AmritDhari Sikh do a lot more than that and a lot of stuff that is against rehat but I wouldn't bring it up on the forum so that i could sit here and do nindya of those people all day long cos it's wrong! They have kissed and danced and IF it's wrong then just pray for them that Guru Maharaj blesses them with the knowledge that it is wrong so that they can LEARN from their past actions as that's what all Sikhs do is LEARN!!!!

We could sit here all our lives and talk about what we believe to be wrong actions in people's rehat but the truth of the matter is nobody knows everything, if we did we'd be as blessed as our Guru's were but we're not so get off your high horses and stop judging these people because you have no right to do so!

If you are that concerned about it then why don't you do something good and be a good Sikh by trying to find out who these people are, contacting them with the utmost respect and sincerity and explaining your views with truely relevant Bani to back you up. They may even thank you for helping them. . . Or tell you to mind your own. . .

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Discussing about actions ( right or wrong!) on this forum is not nindya. I think the points are being made so that others may wish to learn from this and express themselves differently.

Many on this forum have commented about this matter and that seems fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The couple are not being condemned for their actions, they have their conciousness to please or displease. Like wise we must strive towards making our individual concious state better, pure and higher. That is an individuality and is the first and primary aim. Once we have acheived that we must then act COLLECTIVELY AND GURU JIS MAAT (WAY OF LIFE) EXPRESSED IN THE PROPER WAY.

I would have to say the couple are not expressing Guru Ji's maat collectively for the benefit of all, what they are expressing is their individuality and emotions.

Remember our parents marriages and other elders, we have moved on from those times. In time the future generations of the couple may well change things for the better.

Lets all wish them all the happiness and Wahegurus kirpa.

It's just a affectionate kiss between married couples for vahiguroo's sake??

Ok let me get this right..now kissing within married life is TABOOO !! .LOL..  LOL.gif

someone raised an point of kissing with bana on is disrespect....how about kissing with kachera on is that disrespect as well then?? isn't kachera part of bana as well then?

so what you do suggest here?? take off kachera while kissing or making out ??

hai hai this is pure manmat..lol  LOL.gif

come on man..let's bury this thing ..why focus on people's life?? why can't focus on your own?

Kiss within  married life might be taboo in certain cults, sects but certainly isn't in sikhi..

I am just amaze at people spent soo much time debating on such a stupid stuff...it's their married life, married ceremony..they have every right to be affectionate towards each other..kissing is another part of being affectionate....bringing points like oh wear bana and kissing is no good..so tell me  panthic singho (SIKH POLICE) , isn't kachera part of bana as well? what should that person do..take off his kachera and kiss his beloved wife then?? then you guys be complaining oooooooooooh shoooot this is manmat..he just commited kureahit...PESH PESH PESH PESH !! (Note: I do personally think taking kachera out from any reason is "wrong"..so don't take it out of context..that comment is there to make people think that's all...)

man seriously you guys are making mockering of yourself ...really disappointed.. no.gif

101177[/snapback]

lol ... for one veer i actually agree onyour thoughts here... :doh:

:TH: