Only an Amritdhari (baptized) Sikh man or woma

sskhalsa

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

is this part of the rehat enforced today? i dont remember if it was when i went to india

(q) Only an Amritdhari (baptized) Sikh man or woman, who faithfully observes the discipline ordained for the baptized Sikhs, can enter the hallowed enclosures of the takhts. (Ardas for and on behalf of any Sikh or non-Sikh, except a fallen or punished (tankhahia) Sikh, can be offered at the takhts.

http://allaboutsikhs.com/rehat/rehat_03.htm

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Rehat comes with your "Way of Life". If you try to be sikh by the written rules or rehat then to me that's a tough way as it will lower your self-esteem and might stress you up and in-directly it cause more harm than betterment. As i see, rehat is the code of conduct which should be used only in political religious form(social) not for spiritual form. If you are blessed by waheguru jee with naam and simran then naturally you will know that what's right and whats wrong. If you are in work of preaching others or doing community work (as role model) then you should look at rehat code of conduct and make sure you follow them as it's the guidelines to have yourself represent in correct Sikh form in front of sangat. But if you are on the personal religious quest then you should weight more on what you need in your life rather than what is written and what ppls are saying. Sorry if i offended anyone with my limited knowledge :doh:

Well I todaly agree wid 'S1ngh'.well i dont have much to say but i guess we cant mingle polotics wid religion at all..not many ppl might not agree wid me...i guess if the rehat doesn't come frm wid in u than otherwise then it will make you more fanatic ..and the result is likely to be gujrat or 84 or many more to come....

Guest Akaal108

Clean your inside first then worry about outside..

It reallly suprising to see difference between soo called amritdharis/khalsa now compare to puratan times.

Hence, rise of malech khalsa.

In puratan times, it's written historically amrit was not just merely given but graced upon after test after tests.

Test were- learn nitneem by heart, do seva of gurughar/dharamsala for atleast 6 months or so before even putting down your name for amrit. Then when you come in the que you are given harsh test.

Such example is- Bhai Sahib Shaheed Fauja Singh. He was turned down 2 twice by panj pyares..third time he decide lay his body onto railway track until panj pyare gave him amrit.

And

Yes, i m a malech khalsa(flithy one) and conscious one though ..i m malech khalsa compare to puratan singhs and singhani's who had soo much jap-tap, bairaag (inside rehat) in them.