family life

how does family life affect your sikhi?

gustaphi maaf

101264[/snapback]

Wjkk Wjkf...

in my opinion i think that based on if ur parents are gursikhs or not it will affect how your child is rasied..sometimes even if ur parents are gursikhs it can also depend on what type of sangat u stay with.. if you hang out with the bad sangat then most likely u will start to follow that way of living.. but if the sangat is good then u can also start to live the good side of life. its all up to us if we want the kaljug way of living or satjug!

bulchuck maff!

Wjkk Wjkf

well like another said above.. it depends if they're gursikh or into sikhi...

most gursikh families that i know do paath together... i.e. rehras, nitnem etc... recently in our family we started doin some of that stuff together as well.. even though i haven't grown up in a gursikh household, we still try to help eachother out.... also, for families that have maharaj's parkash (Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee) in their home, even doing hukamnama and sukhaasn dee seva together helps as well... help them help you and vice versa... growing up within a gursikh family, ur parents teach u things about sikhi as well such as sakhi's, meaning of gurbani, reading/writing gurmukhi etc... i'm sure there's much more that others can add in ... i know there's several people on this forum that have grown up in a gursikh household...

bhul chuk maaf.....

Vaheguru Jee ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh..!!

I did not grow up in a Gursikh household, but I love learning about our religion. In order for me to learn more about our faith and language, my parents sent me to Punjabi school when I was a youngster :doh: . Even though my parents are not exactly the most religious, I have a yearning to learn more about our wonderful religion, and have gained some knowledge through reading books and asking my family for more information about Sikhism. I have also learned how to do paat with God's Grace :) . But I'm still immature and have LOT'S to learn!

I did not grow up in a Gursikh household, but I love learning about our religion. In order for me to learn more about our faith and language, my parents sent me to Punjabi school when I was a youngster :doh: . Even though my parents are not exactly the most religious, I have a yearning to learn more about our wonderful religion, and have gained some knowledge through reading books and asking my family for more information about Sikhism. I have also learned how to do paat with God's Grace  :) . But I'm still immature and have LOT'S to learn!

101540[/snapback]

as i said above .. its is true even though u are not born in a gursikh family its can also depend on the sangat u hang with! rolleyes.gif

WEll my parents used to take us every single day to the gurdwara @ evenings for rehraas sahib dne our shabads (we were taught 2 sing shabds wen we were abt...10?i fink) well i stopped now n im just a normal crap tabla playa :doh: anyways yeh dat got sikhi into my blood but not my head.. as in i was kinda forced 2 do it but sudfdenly a spark hit me last xmas :doh: (no its NTO 2 do wid santa claus OR santa singh tongue.gif ) n den i got really into sikhi n realised all the things ive bin doing is JUSt rong (dont ask blush.gif lets just say im a MAHAHA MAHAHAHAHA AHAHA -etc etc-paapi)

ANyhow, the parents determine if u haf sikhi in ur blood whie the sangat determine if the sikhi is in ur head. theres a diff huna??

or maybe im just chatting crap agen no.gif

take care look afta urselves n ur sikhi saroop :)

I could say I was bought up in immediate Gursikh family though my parents received Amrit after I was born but I don’t remember early years so its all good but

In a gursikh family though the effect can only be positive I think – like I was taught how to read Gurmukhi from like age of 6, age of 8 I was doing Jap ji sahib Rahiraas sahib on my own lol though I dain’t have a clue what it all meant! But then there was time when stuff happend and like I lost it all but now looking back im glad I was taught/brought up knowing Sikhi because like after stuff happend I don’t know where I would be! Most likely dead after having killed myself!! And that’s no joke! i reckon if my parents didn't teach me the basics i would not have had the foundation building blocks to start developing on, so im glad i used to be woken up sooooo early at like age of 6 to be taken to Gurdwarah Sahib and to camps and stuff!