Star Wars and Sikhs

From my thread at www.sikh-history.com..........thought it would be interesting to get your opinions......as I never had any on the other... no.gif

http://www.sikh-history.com/cgi-bin/Ultima...ic;f=9;t=000402

Hi All just been watching the Star Wars films and was thinking about he uncanny resemblance between the Religion of the Jedi’s and the Sikhs:

• Jedi’s don’t believe in Material Attachment (Moh), Greed (Lobh), Lust (Kaam), Krodh (Anger), (Hankaar)Egotism or false pride. Jedi’s believe in control of these basic carnal emotions and so do Sikhs.

• Always are armed with their lightsaber (Sikhs with their Kirpan), and never parted.

• Sikh’s believe in a code of conduct and a code of dress, as do the Jedi’s;

• Sikh’s believe in protecting the weak and poor and always standing up for Justice. So do the Jedi’s;

• Jedi’s have women warrior’s , who are equals of men. So do Sikhs (Mai Bhago etc)

• Sikh’s have a Council of the wise. Sikhs have a “Panchayat” and the Panj Pyarey

• Sikh’s concept of God is formless, and is around us and within us. The idea of the “Force” is essentially the same.

Can you come up with any more similarities or am I talking gibberish? 

i was finking dat, in da new wun wen yoda srted to talk everytime, bloody hell he was like a taksali (nt in a bad way ) like he was trying to uphold the justice to da jedi ways like as the taksali trys to uphold the correct marayada and keep suppressing the opposition like kaam kordh loh moh nd hankar, so that you will one with the force and in sikhi be one with vaheguru :doh: :) :doh:

Interesting you bring this up.

I've been thinking about this for a bit... thought it could work out to be a bit of a useful "youth attraction" thing..i mean who isn't impressed by a jedi knight!

Maybe posters or something? thinking out loud here....

"Have you ever thought how cool it'd be to be a Jedi?"

well what if you could be the "real life" version?

Learn to :-

Calm your mind

Defend the weak

Live a pure, disciplined life

Be trained in martial arts

get to carry some cool shasters

......I've run out ideas? anyone want to fill in the blanks? maybe have a pic of someone doing gatka with a glowing Shaster?

more similarities

- lightsaber is only used in defence as last resort...never attack...same as kirpan

Maybe someone should bring it to the attention of Gurwah, who writes the “Jedi Nights episodes” and posts the link to that here Someone once mentioned that George Lucas’s organization threatened Gurwah with a law suite if he wrote the “Jedi Night” episodes in a certain way.