21YEARS TO THE DAY

parnaam shaheeda nu :doh:

who became shaheed at darbar sahib,for us sikhs,the first to become shaheed was bhai mengha singh ji babbar.

1st Shaheed of 1984: Bhai Mengha Singh Babbar

Sunday 5th June, 2005

Translated by Sevadars of the Institute of Gurmat Studies, Gurudwara Tapoban Sahib, Toronto

Shaheed Bhai Kulvant Singh aka. Bhai Menghaa Singh Babbar

"True Lord, may my body be a sacrifice unto your feet,. Guru, father, may I not show my back in the field of battle, and may I be martyred battling the enemies of the faith. Guru, Father, have mercy on me, may the enemy's bullets not hit my back, may I take them upon my chest. Satguru, do not think of my faults, please let me embrace your feet." This was Bhai Saahib's daily prayer before the Guru.

When the time comes for a Sikh to give his head for the Guru, he is overcome with eagerness. He considers it his great fortune to give his head for the Sikh faith. When it comes time to sacrifice for the faith, the Sikh doesn't seek any examples, or justifications, or bribes. No force or fear can turn him away from his goal. Living his life according the Guru's bestowed faith, he fights the enemy and gives his head for the pure faith and truth and is then called a Martyr. Such a warrior always wants that his head should be sacrificed for the cause of the Guru.

On June 1st 1984, the thankless Hindu government directed its evil eye towards the Sikh places of worship and Sackhkhand Sree Darbar Saahib Amritsar. During this attack, Bh Kulvant Singh Babbar aka. Bh. Mehngaa Singh of the organisation Babbar Khalsa had the honour of being the first martyr to die fighting those who would defile the sanctity of Sree Darbaar Saahib. Just as Bh. Kulvant Singh aka. Bh. Menghaa Singh had the honour of being the first martyr in the Darbar Saahib attack, similarly, Bh. Kulvant Singh Babbar/Nagokay had the honour of being the first martyr of the Dharam Yudh Morcha. On June 9th, 1982, Bh. Nagokay had every one of his limbs broken and after enduring countless tortures, achieved martyrdom and by doing so, gave the shattered Panth unity to fight together. During this time Bh. Amarjeet Singh DaheRoo gave his martyrdom and increased the Panth's fervour to battle.

Bh. Kulvant Singh Babbar aka. Bh. Menghaa Singh was born in Yumnanagar Jagadhri in 1957 in the house of Sd. Partap Singh located in Vishkarma Nagar. He completed his early education in Yamunanagar. After passing the ninth grade, he entered the ITI and took a yearlong course in welding and then began to work.

When, during the Vaisakhi of 1978, unarmed Singhs went to protest the insult of Guru Saahib being done by the Fake Nirankaris, the unarmed Singhs were fired upon and 13 were martyred while countless others were injured.

The spilt blood of the martyrs had a deep effect on Bh. Kulvant Singh and as a result, he began attending Keertan Smaagams and would long for the blessing of amrit day and night. By the grace of the Guru during the 1979 AKJ Holla Mohalla Smaagam at Anandpur Saahib, he presented himself before the punj pyaaray and was blessed with amrit.

Bh. Saahib would read books on Sikh history and would try to mould his life to match those of old Singhs. He would always be consulting with other Singhs on the issue of punishing those who had killed Singhs. When the fake Nirankaris had a meeting in Jagadhri, Bh. Saahib and his companions attacked with fervour and caused the Nirankaris to run away in chaos.

The Police lodged a murder case on these Singhs and Bh. Saahib's companions fought this case. Bh. Saahib on the other hand refused to fight the case because in his words, "we don't believe in this false government,, so why should we go to courts of a government we have no faith in?" Bh. Saahib was acquitted along with the Singhs who chose to attend court proceedings.

With a desire to serve the Panth and punish the persecutors of the Singhs, Bh. Kulvant Singh left his home and came to Bibi Amarjeet Kaur, wife of Shaheed Bh. Fauja Singh, in Amritsar.

In Amrtisar there was a group called the Chaldaa Vaheer, which Bh. Saahib joined and served whole-heartedly. Bh. Saahib wore tattered clothes but refused to accept the Singhs's dasvandh for his own personal use. With the Chaldaa Vaheer Bh. Saahib would do the seva of cleaning Darbaar Saahib early in the morning, the washing of Akaal Takhat Saahib, kneading of flour in Sree Ramdaas Langar, preparing parshadas and also seva in distributing the langar. Considering Bh. Fauja Singh's wife and mother to be the family of a Shaheed, Bh. Kulvant Singh served them with dedication and love. Bh. Fauja Singh's mother gave Bh. Kulvant Singh the love a mother gives to a son.

In September 1979, the Singhs held a camp in Bh. Fauja Singh's Khalsa Farm in which the Singhs, in addition to learning Gurmat, also learned weaponry. Bhai Saahib took part in this camp with a desire to learn the use of weapons. During this camp, Bh. Saahib met Bh. Sukhdev Singh, Bh. Kulvant Singh Nagokay, Bh. Sulakhan Singh, Bh. Balvinder Singh, Bh. Vadhava Singh, Bh. Anokh Singh, Bh. Manmohan Singh and many other Singhs. The Singhs who taught the use of weapons loved Bh. Saahib.

After subsequent camps in Sabhravan and Goindvaal, Bh. Saahib became very well acquainted with all the Singhs's views and the love between them increased. They began to stay together in the form of a jathebandee. All the Singhs had the goal of finding and punishing the killers of Singhs and those who would insult Guru Saahib. The first action the Singhs conducted was against an individual who had insulted the saroop of SGGS. And with this, by the grace of the Guru, the work of punishing the enemies of the Panth carried on in secret for the next two years. The Government had no idea who conducted these actions but the people declared that the serviced was being rendered by the Guru's Shaheedee Fauj who were supporting the Gursikhs. During this time Bh. Kulvant Singh took part in every action, considering it to be service to the Panth. Day and night Bh. Saahib worked to cut the chains of slavery from the neck of the Sikhs.

In 1982, village leader Surjan Singh Nagokay turned in Bh. Kulvant Singh Babbar Nagokay and also gave a full report of the rest of the Singhs. The government tortured Bh. Kulvant Singh Nagokay to death and then made a false encounter and also put rewards on the heads of all the other Singhs. Bh. Kulvant Singh aka. Bh. Mehngaa Singh also had a reward placed on his head.

The government began to hunt the Singhs and as a result, the Singhs went underground. Only a few days had passed in hiding when this beloved of the Guru, Bh. Kuvant Singh, left to bathe in Sree Ramdas Sarovar and have darshan of Guru Saahib. He exclaimed "if the olden Singhs could cut through the cordon of their enemies, to have ishnaan and darshan at Darbaar Saahib, so can I."

Even during this time in Hiding Bh. Saahib would rise at amrit vela, bathe in the sarovar and then attend Aasaa Dee Vaar keertan at Darbaar Saahib. After this, he would attend to the seva of the Singhs's langar and also the Jora Ghar in addition to arranging weapons for the Jathebandee.

On June 1st 1984 at around 12pm, the CRPF and the BSF, in a government-sponsored scheme to eliminate the Sikhs, opened a rain of fire upon the Singhs at Sree Darbaar Saahib, Darshanee Deeorhee, Langar Building and Sree Akaal Takhat Saahib. Bh. Saahib was at Baba Atal Saahib and took up a position there, killing three attacking soldiers. This warrior's confidence increased and he went up to the top most floor of Baba Atal. A sniper fired at Bh. Saahib and the bullet hit him in the forehead. Bh. Saahib fell to the ground, but when a nearby Singh asked "Menghaa Singh!!! How are you??" he replied "Chardee Kalaa!!!".

The Singhs were informed that Bh. Saahib had been hit and Bh. Manmohan Singh and others were sent to retrieve him. The Singhs with great effort in the rain of bullets brought Bh. Kulvant Singh down from the top most floor of Baba Atal and carried him to Guru Nanak Nivaas. There were no medical facilities or doctors, but the Singhs cleaned the wound and dressed it. Around this warrior Gurbanee began to be recited and only after the completion of Sukhmani Saahib did he go and take his place at the feet of the Guru. On one hand, the Singhs were fighting the enemy and on the other, some Singhs were taking care of the Shaheed's body. Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Babbar asked the Gurbanee continue to be recited.

On the evening of June 1st, the firing ended and a message was sent to the fallen warrior's mother and father. On the afternoon of June 2nd, the mother and father arrived from Yamunanagar at Nanak Nivaas, despite the curfew. Mata jee saw her son and said "Son, you've fulfilled your promise. When you left home to serve the Panth you asked the Guru for what you have achieved today. By fulfilling your words, and giving your life to the Panth, you have honoured my womb".

All the Jathebandees in the complex, upon hearing the news of the Shaheedee did a final ardaas for Bh. Kulvant Singh, and upon seeing the Shaheed for the final time, heaped praise upon his bravery. Whoever meditates upon the Guru with a pure heart, for certain, gets the reward. May we be a sacrifice unto this first Shaheed, this blessed soul. This was the first shaheed who's body was cremated in the Darbar Saahib complex, despite the protestations of the SGPC president. Bh. Saahib was cremated close to Sree Manjee Saahib.

Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Babbar and other Singhs lovingly bathed Bh. Saahib's body and dressed him in the five kakaars, a chola and dumalaa. After the final ardaas, he was brought near Sree Manjee Saahib and all the sangat in the complex accompanied this procession. Bh. Sujan Singh put a sheet over the body on behalf of Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranvalay. Other Jathebandees also put sheets on the body out of respect and covered it with garlands of flowers. At the time of cremation, there was a large gathering of the Sangat and every Gursikh felt the pain of Bh. Saahib's departure. Bh. Saahib's father lit the funeral pyre and seeing the rising flames, every Gursikh felt the desire to run to battle and die fighting for the faith.

Sevadars of the Institute of Gurmat Studies, Gurudwara Tapoban Sahib can be reached at http://www.Tapoban.org.

:doh: Lest we forget... :)

Poem by "anjaan" found on www.sikhlionz.com

To you I will tell bout the year 1984,

I'm sure deep inside you know the score

Wake up, look around, listen up for I am sure you will want to see no more

In half, a little kid's body, they tore

Cry with me for surely this is a place for the curtains to close and the line to draw

No, no, no, please no more, we don't need this heartache of a war

My main man Bhindranwale was truly magnificent,

As a true saint the example he set was brilliant

A pure sant-sipahi damn right, too blatant

For the havoc his Singhs wreak is pure militant

Hush hush,not a sigh, nor a whisper, don't make a sound

For it is us they are bound

Dogs like Brar upon us they pound

We're going to be found

To be sent to the living hell of a cremation ground

Waheguru, our Guru, save us

Help us

Take us

Please please , please we beg You, do not forsake us

We pray

Our heads at our Gurus' feet we are ready to lay

To become like our shaheeds a true sacrifice

For it is them we want to join in after life

I'm drowning in a sea of thick cold blood

No more hiding under the hood

Stand tall, take arms, hold hands we should

United brothers and sisters destroy together all evil we could

Gang raped sisters send screams 2 heaven that deafen the skies

Lets rise to the sound of our mothers' cries

Be wise

Doesn't matter we're small in population size

For in number we lack

But on the battlefield dare no one kickback

Come with me, walk with me,

Hear with me, see with me,

Feel with me, witness with me these atrocities,

For alive I longer no wish to be

Lets aspire to be the Commandos, the Babbars, the Feddies and the Liberators for what they envisage is a pure Khalistan

Where there will be no freedom ban

---------------------------------------------

Another poem,

A POEM

" Every Sikh heart bleeds,

To think of your heinous deeds.

it is time you die of shame

And give up all your claim

To be a champion of minority,

Hindu nation is your top priority.

Do you search your conscience,

When you preach non-violence ?

you are a terrorist of the worst kind,

Blind to the values of mankind.

Nastiest tyrant of the present time,

Minister prime of war and crime,

You clamour for Nobel Peace prize,

When your own country is cut to size,

just another breed of Your kind,

Can spell disaster for mankind.

This is the cry of each Sikh soul

You can fool the world no more."

A Sikh Woman's Emotional Outburst after Operation Blue Star

(Source: India Commits Suicide by G.S.Dhillon)

Sant Jarnail Singh Jis advice:

Be United.

Until we are united, until we stand under the saffron Nishaan Sahib (Sikh religious flag), until we have unflinching faith in Siri Guru Granth Sahib, Khalsa Ji, we shall certainly get beatings.

Government Desecrates Our Temples.

You have (perhaps) not seen pictures of Indore. I saw a few in a newspaper. They also left television recordings with me as well as with the leaders. In that incident how badly they treated people? Sikhs were caught by the hair and thrown down. Amnritdhari (initiated into the faith) Sikhs were thus thrown down. And they committed many other atrocities, against Sikhs, which cannot be mentioned from this stage. I appeal to you. There is this talk about (Hindu-Sikh) unity, fulfill it, and implement whatever program is decided upon by Panthic leaders. But if we have to shake off slavery, complete this program and remain in good spirits.

Restore Punjabi Language To Its Rightful Status.

At the time of the first speech, Bhullar Sahib (General Jaswant Singh Bhullar) said something about the Hindi-Punjabi issue. I humbly submit that I too have been to other states, though for fourteen months or so I have not been able to do that. On every (sign)board, the signs are in English, Hindi and Urdu. Punjabi is nowhere. And, here (in Punjab), if Punjabi is written, it is below all others. Young men, this is your job. I am helplessly sitting here. If the time comes and I can come out and move about among you, if life permits and I get the opportunity to dust your shoes, I shall perform whatever service you assign me. At this time I have made this appeal to you.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Parnaam Shaheedan Nu

:doh: :) :doh:

These Shaheeds are the lifeblood of our Sikhi ... we owe all our Sikhi to them.

How did they become Shaheeds? They gave their Tan, Man and Dhan (Body, Mind and Wealth) to Guru Jee. They lived on the Shabad Guru roop of Guru Jee, preaching and practically living a Jeevan true to the teachings of the Guru. Those that kill their own mind for the True Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj always live. That's why we remember them and do Parnaam to them ... these Shaheeds live in the beautiful SachKhand of Waheguroo ... the Shaheedi is just the start of their true amazing immortal life.

sbid mrhu iPir jIvhu sd hI qw iPir mrxu n hoeI ]

sabadh marahu fir jeevahu sadh hee thaa fir maran n hoee ||

Dying in the Word of the Shabad, you shall live forever, and you shall never die again.

AMimRqu nwmu sdw min mITw sbdy pwvY koeI ]3]

a(n)mrith naam sadhaa man meet(h)aa sabadhae paavai koee ||3||

The Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam is ever-sweet to the mind; but how few are those who obtain the Shabad. ||3||

May Guru Jee bless us all with his Kirpaa and Nadar so that we can follow the Shabad and his Hukam with our Body, Mind and Wealth and live forever, like these Shaheeds. pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Khalistan di dharti…

Maan, jind jaan te kesri nishaan di dharti, Guruaan peer, fakir, shaheedeann teh yodiaan di dharti, sanu maan hai Sikhaan di kaum te…

Shaheedan di kaum bahadur

Vakhri hi shaan ihnaan di

Vakhri peshaan ihnaan di

Lakhaan de vich khloteh

Guru de heer nazri aundeh neh

Lakhaan de vich khloteh

Sajeh Khalseh Singh nazri aundeh neh

Shaheedan di kaum bahadur tayion akhvaundeh neh

Singhaan di kaum bahadur

Bagda khoon ihnaan da khalistan di nee lei

Haunsleh dekho Singho ihnaan de parivaraan da

Fansi de rasseh chumdeh

Hass dia deh gallan vich paundeh neh

Singhaan di kaum bahadur

Veri naal veir bhakundeh

Maut naal yaari noo

Vaar ke janna rakhde kesri dastaaran noo

Chiryian tau baaj banaundeh

Dushmanaa nu turfaunde neh

Singhaan di kaum bahadur!!!!

India's government no longer are we willing to abide

Unite together to fight, we have nothing to hide

They refuse our rights yet for them we died

This mighty war they did cause

Hang on. Hold up, take a minute and pause

Can you hear that? Hear how Bhindranwale the lion roars

Don't make me laugh, India is no democracy

It's a land full of insecurity and immense amount of hypocrisy

My Singhs are renowned to be notorious

Soon we will rejoice and live in a land that is glorious

They needed full might to destroy God's house

What a witch, she makes me Sick

Hurting God Himself she got a heavy kick

Revenge we are sure to get, we want that <admin-profanity filter activated> dead

Every Singh, Sikh and Kaur is out to get that head

Our hearts remain heavier than lead

Singh soormeh living in a militant's paradise

Indira Gandhi being the only dead vice

She had no compassionate heart

Gandhi wanted to see Singhs blown apart

Into the sacred complex she ordered tanks

Made Singhs look as though they looted banks

On hearing this Singhs flew from Army ranks

Thousands brutally they had murdered in the Delhi riots

Their only crime being adorned upon their heads the sacred turban

No sound, no one around, killed on the spot if found, hush hush, don't make a sound for in Punjab there is a curfew

4th of June they laughed at us, going ahead with Operation Blue Star

The sacred Sikh Library got caught in the crossfire, our sacred Guru they did burn, damn right they will get their turn

Atrocities they committed worse than Dyer

Indira is no Indian queen, but a control-freaking liar

On their heads did Singhs black turbans adorn, to show their painful grief, to mourn

Everyday a Singh sher is born

Who will grow up and wear hair unshorn

There was no other way, so Indira got assassinated

For she was highly over rated

There is no clause for this fact to be debated

Because of her Sikhs are called terrorists and are hated

Sikhs became a living innocent casualty

In a full of hatred society

Trucks carried dead bodies piled high

Almost reaching the blood filled sky

Me oh me oh my oh my

I can't take this, my heart does nothing but cry

For us those shaheeds did die

We're living in a Bloody Punjab

Which was once land of the pure and five rivers

Only to become land of the State-sponsored killers

Our minds and hearts, grievous bodily wounds and scars will never heal

For this Sikh holocaust we so deeply and strongly feel

Head high and chin up we walk on for we are made to take such ordeal, we are cast strong from steel

1984 what a mighty ordeal

Keep it real; just make sure you keep it real

Over and out

Parnamm shaheedan noo!!!!

post-2547-1118084007_thumb.jpg