Soccer and Header.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fateh

umm i usually do the chest trap/upperboody(?) or let the ball bounce off or trap it with my legs or foot! if u know what i mean.

umm i dont think anythings wrong with headin the ball, but it hurtsssssssssss!!!!...lolzzzz LOL.gif so i wouldn;t(i dont wana kill my braincells...the ones that are left beacharey :doh: ...lol)

The question is not how do those who wear dastars use headers. The proper question is how do players who use headers wear dastars. :TH: (the choices of the smilies really can make a stylin person feel inadequate, but that's the closest one, & i'm really not trying to give myself the thumbs up, i'm just winking at you harmeet ohmy.gif ).

Anyway to do a proper header all soccer players must tie their dastar very tight and very neatly. Perhaps wear a chotee dastar with a smaller laar lower down. Have a look at this article. It is from a very quick internet search. There is much more if you search. The soccer community will one day catch up to sikhi. The last line of the article below does not take into account the dastar.

An article appeared in the September 22, 1998, Washington Post on soccer head injuries, based in turn on a study in the November issue of the journal Neurology. A Dutch and American study of 80 long-term soccer players in their mid-twenties showed that they score poorly on tests of memory, planning and visual processing. The researchers believe that is the product of repeatedly heading the ball or colliding with other players or goalposts. The article reports that concussions are as frequent in soccer as American football. The impairment of mental function found was probably too subtle to be obvious to most people. The American Academy of Neurology provides copies of its guidelines for soccer coaches on head injuries by calling (800) 879-1960 or (703) 236-6000. In a separate development, ASTM's headgear subcommittee has discussed the soccer head injury problem and has a task force investigating whether or not a standard should be developed for soccer helmets. To our knowledge there is no product available on the market yet that provides head protection while still permitting the player to accurately head the ball.

The question is not how do those who wear dastars use headers. The proper question is how do players who use headers wear dastars.  :TH: (the choices of the smilies really can make a stylin person feel inadequate, but that's the closest one, & i'm really not trying to give myself the thumbs up, i'm just winking at you harmeet  ohmy.gif ).

Anyway to do a proper header all soccer players must tie their dastar very tight and very neatly. Perhaps wear a chotee dastar with a smaller laar lower down. Have a look at this article. It is from a very quick internet search. There is much more if you search. The soccer community will one day catch up to sikhi. The last line of the article below does not take into account the dastar.

An article appeared in the September 22, 1998, Washington Post on soccer head injuries, based in turn on a study in the November issue of the journal Neurology. A Dutch and American study of 80 long-term soccer players in their mid-twenties showed that they score poorly on tests of memory, planning and visual processing. The researchers believe that is the product of repeatedly heading the ball or colliding with other players or goalposts. The article reports that concussions are as frequent in soccer as American football. The impairment of mental function found was probably too subtle to be obvious to most people. The American Academy of Neurology provides copies of its guidelines for soccer coaches on head injuries by calling (800) 879-1960 or (703) 236-6000. In a separate development, ASTM's headgear subcommittee has discussed the soccer head injury problem and has a task force investigating whether or not a standard should be developed for soccer helmets. To our knowledge there is no product available on the market yet that provides head protection while still permitting the player to accurately head the ball.

105062[/snapback]

you mean you wanna wink like this :e:? or this wink2.gif ? or this :doh: ? :doh:

hehe..do what i did... i would bring my hands up.. and i mastered this technque..

as the ball is coming down.. jump.. and then bring your hands up as if't spart of your normal procedure... then jhust as soon as your head's about to hit the ball.. make your hand into a fist and fist the ball into the direction you want.. hahaha it's great, especially on crosses! and it works really well if you're using the hand that's not visible to the ref!

i know a singh who plays soccer.. and when he's gonna play he ties his jura at the back of his head and ties his dastar over that.. and then ties another kapra (kinda like a doo rag type thing) over that....

i usually use the kapra thing when i play any sports... mostly when i play ball...it really helps.. and i's bomb 'cause u can jes tie it over ur dastar..