The Essence of Amrit Vela

Bhajneet

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heck, i thought it'd be a neat thing to share, mainly because I've never looked at it beyond the physical viewpoint. What's the use in waking up for Amrit Vela if you're distracted by all these different noises? However, my mind went straight to the flip side and that's when it dawned on me. There is no true negative to the flip side. Sure, you aren't waking up early but u are still doing paat. not that i'd start waking up at 12 o'clock, because there is still one thing about amritvela that can't be replicated: the day. You see, a while back i remembered reading a post by a forum member long gone, which listed the hours of a gursikh's day. Had something along the lines of three to four hours of sleep each day. Sounded impossible at the time, but now not so much, when sometimes i get as little as five hours and trudge on. Maybe if i can dig that post up, although that's highly improbable, considering that all the posts from the old forum were deleted when ss made the switch.

• 2 years later...

just visited bhajneet's profile and saw this one.. totally agree

amritvela isn't the morning hours

amritvela is the Vela that is Amrit...any Immortal Instant

and how is an instant made immortal?

as smartsingh insinuated...naam baani, for sure, but importantly, naam baani when your mind is at calm... jadon mann tikkda, and you can really vibrate with simran and stuffs.

Oh wow. I haven't read this in a long time. My views have changed however.

I think for the vast majority that there is a good time for amrit vela. I know I know... this contradicts what I said earlier. But I've found that there is a time when nothing is going on between midnight and around 5am where honestly... no birds, no family members, nothing is active.

If you can (as in you have a diturnal sleep cycle) I suggest you wake up around these times. They are most meditative and it's very easy to find one's rasa during these times.

For others who work night-shifts (i doubt the vast majority on here do), of course you can find your own amrit vela.

As Japman Singh has noted, amrit is sans time.

So in essence... yes I still agree with myself, but with a higher priority to wake up between midnight and 5am.

Just felt I should clear that up, for myself at least, haha =P

wow i think this forum coming out of its shell........................ive been reading some realy inspriational stuuf today man.................thats a realy good point....................we shud all do ardass to maharaj as if we take anything away from anything we read on the forum then it is through His almighty grace and compassion

:WW: :WW:

Guest Akirtghan

we need ekaant (silence, no distracitons) to concentrate, and early hours of the morning is the best time for it :TH: also, i personally love it when sun's barely up, and its kinda dark but u see a faint glow :wub:

PS. i'm known to sleep in mostly tho hit.gif

yeah but the silence thing isnt the only reason for amritvela, even though i hardly ever manage to get up, i still believe that theres sumthing special about that exact time 2-6 am , lot of kirpa during that time is all im gna say :wub: so that even sum1 like me who virtually never gets up, on those few occasions is special.

Guest Akirtghan
lot of kirpa during that time is all im gna say :wub: so that even sum1 like me who virtually never gets up, on those few occasions is special.

PrIdw rwiq kQUrI vMfIAY suiqAw imlY n Bwau ]

fareedhaa raath kathhooree va(n)ddeeai suthiaa milai n bhaao ||

Fareed, musk is released at night. Those who are sleeping do not receive their share.

ijMn@w nYx nNØIdRwvly iqMn@w imlxu kuAwau ]80]

ji(n)nhaa nain na(n)aeedhraavalae thi(n)nhaa milan kuaao ||80||

Those whose eyes are heavy with sleep - how can they receive it? ||80||

=============================================

bhai gurdaas jee

kurbwxI iqnW gurisKW ipCl rwqIN auT bhMdy]

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) pishhal raathee(n) out(h) beha(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who get up in the last quarter of night.

Sadhana, daily spiritual practice, is the base, the foundation of all spiritual endeavor. Sadhana is your personal, individual spiritual effort. It is the main tool you use to work on yourself to achieve the purpose of life. It can be done alone or in a group. Sadhana is whatever you do consistently to clear your own consciousness so you can relate to the infinity within you. Before you face the world each day, do yourself a favor and tune up your nervous system and attune yourself to your highest inner self. To cover all your bases, include exercise, meditation, and prayer.

Some of you may already have seen this video but i thought id post it up. I think it will add to the debate that Amrit Vela isnt anytime you want it to be, its when the sun is rising and the energys and vibrations that come with it.

Guruka Singh: