Why the bare legs?

Sat1176

Dearest Guru Ki Sangat,

Recently I came across a few Sikhs males who were wearing long kurtha chollas (normal members of the sangat) along with the 5 Ks yet they only appeared to be wearing their Khecharas with their legs left bare. This post is not a criticism but a simple query to ask the reasoning behind this?

Would we consider it appropriate if a lady were to dress the same?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearest Guru Ki Sangat,

Recently I came across a few Sikhs males who were wearing long kurtha chollas (normal members of the sangat) along with the 5 Ks yet they only appeared to be wearing their Khecharas with their legs left bare. This post is not a criticism but a simple query to ask the reasoning behind this?

Would we consider it appropriate if a lady were to dress the same?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

106894[/snapback]

Nihang Singhs always wear their bana without pajama but their kashera usually comes around 2inches below the knew so most of leg is covered up. There are a few people who wear a pajama with bana but maryada typically dont so we dont!!

All the old school singhs wuda been without pajama back in the day coz they stick to ya legs when you on the battlefield and coz they wuda been ready to fight at anytime, not practical to say "hol up g, needs to take ma trousers off" so they went without. Maybe in winter they mite have worn coz of the cold but thats it i guess...

I dnt hav your answer to the woman question but its like sayin something are jst the way they are huna?

Thanks for your response All-info. I have the utmost respect for any Sikh in bana :nihungsmile: and it kind of reinforced what I was already thinking. I came to the conclusion that it must have been down to extremely bad muddy conditions on the battle field where a trouser was not practical and would easily get dirty or ripped etc and would not be so easy to clean or change.

:TH:

I wear bana wid out no legs, dont get very far dow, cus da wind woooooo gosh, cause bare problems, lol bus my bana keeps like opening wen da wind blows, buh one time der were strong winds, nd like i kept sorting it out, buh den it kept blowing so i fort forget dis, so i left it, and i was walking down da street wid my bana behind me nd my kachera showing.

lemme tell u diss much had a nice breeze

i think chola looks really gooooooood!

big up taksali101 & kumi who wear it without needing a specific event/reason to :doh:  :doh:

106952[/snapback]

actualli i wore it cus my mate went to india dat day, i wanted to giv him a laugh so i wore it for too reasons, so he cn laugh, and i aint wearing nuting else about 5 in da mornin

I wear bana wid out no legs, dont get very far dow, cus da wind woooooo gosh, cause bare problems, lol bus my bana keeps like opening wen da wind blows, buh one time der were strong winds, nd like i kept sorting it out, buh den it kept blowing so i fort forget dis, so i left it, and i was walking down da street wid my bana behind me nd my kachera showing.

lemme tell u diss much had a nice breeze

106950[/snapback]

Kumi bruv Please Please Please pray.gif can you start writing in proper English, it takes me ages to try and figure out what you mean. :doh: @

All-info and Sat:

Why not a woman?

I think it would be cool to do that!

Got to break the ice right! blush.gif

106963[/snapback]

I don't think there's anything stopping a Bibi wearing a kachera in the Nihang style.

106967[/snapback]

I think its just the comfort level.. and also that. people here aren't used to seeing girls bare their legs if they dont shave them......

i would love to know if girls do this though cus it is a good way to break the norm and give some people a few shocks at the same time hehe