Sikhi and slang!

surely dressing the way we all do, MUST say something about our personality and who we are. We all stereotype or judge by appearence. If someone who is an amritdhari sikh and dresses like a 'thug', surely they must have an influence in who they hang out with, what kind of music they listen to etc. BUT dressing like that may not make some one a 'thug', but obviosuly the impression is given to others around that person that they may possibly be a 'thug', as Heera Singh mentioned ' the way i dress doesnt hinder my sikhi'.

In saying that, is it important the way we ' perceive ourselves' to others around us, regardless of whether we are that person inside or not?

Hope i make sense.. lol.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i know what u guyz are sayin.. like i said in my last post.. i'm not defending the whole 'thug life' thing... i jes do what i do because tha's who i am, and tha's how i'm comfortable... and i agree wit you that being an amritdharee singh, one should give a positive image... but dressing loose or baggy doesn't give off a negative image... unless ur like HARDCORE thugged out... i kinda used to be like that... hehe.. ask jss veerji and japman veerji... hahaha... i used to be all bling bling thug life blah blah... i still dress loose and a lil baggy.. but i's not 'gangsta' or nethin no more... i dunno, we all have our own opinion on this.. what may be okay to one person, may not be okay with another...

btw... i'm alway in chardi kalaa :) ... heheeh..

vaheguru jee ka khalsaaaaaaa... vaheguru jee kee fatehhhh...

Nah I rekon slang is ok 2 speak in but 2 a certain extent, its ok using it among ur m8z n stuff, but Ive herd loadsa peeps talking about Gyani's and Mahapurshs n they like "yeh dat gyani's a gangsta or that mahapursh a gangsta", ok i understand they mean it in a good way but it still doesn look nice, cuz sum peepz may get da rong idea, (If dat makes sens)

Nah I rekon slang is ok 2 speak in but 2 a certain extent, its ok using it among ur m8z n stuff, but Ive herd loadsa peeps talking about Gyani's and Mahapurshs n they like "yeh dat gyani's a gangsta or that mahapursh a gangsta", ok i understand they mean it in a good way but it still doesn look nice, cuz sum peepz may get da rong idea, (If dat makes sens)

110040[/snapback]

yes that does make sense.