How To Conduct A Successful Rebellion

Simran9

We (Parents and i) were watching today and i put both my hands on my head, my mum goes, dont put ur hands on ur head, i said why not? she said, cos u shouldnt.

So i asked if there is a reason i shouldnt put hands on the head, she said, she doesnt know but there must be a reason.she stopped complaining and i kept the hands on the head and took them off after a while when i got tired tongue.gif

I personally think parents think that their children arnt commited into doing something they have just become involved with, in another words its just a few weeks thing, so it is important to portray that you know what you are doing and you are ready to face the challenges etc.

First be committed to the "rebellion" and be certain that what you're doing is right. Understand what consequences this rebellion may have and ask yourself if you're willing and able to bear them.

Let your parents know about the act of rebellion. They may shout and scream but you must not do the same. Try to remain calm and argue your point logically.

If its an issue of rehit, I suggest that you make sure that you are doing all the basics first. For example, someone may want to keep sarbloh bibek, but if they're waking up at 10 am and their parents at 7am, they really don't have any justification for keeping this new rehit. They should fix their amrit vela as a priority.

If its something very basic like parents wanting you to keep earrings or cut your hair, then I think your parents will want to know that you are dedicated to the Sikh path. They'll want to know that this isn't some phase or a stage that you'll grow out of. You have to be clear that you are dedicated to this and then put your words into action. Do paath. Get up early if you can. Go to Gurdwara regularly. Guaranteed that if your parents see you living a Sikh lifestyle and its having an effect on you, they themselves will be very influenced and will even copy your example.

If it's not a Sikhi-related rebellion, then perhaps the above isn't so helpful.

Just stay respectful, don't lose your temper and believe in what you're doing. Recognise that your parents probably want what's in your interest and aren't your enemies.

And most importantly: Do Ardaas. If Guru Sahib's with you, who can stop you? Let him speak for you and let him handle the situation. If you're doing this for him, then isn't it up to him to deal with this? Let it go from your hands and put it in his. Then have faith.

My advice for when you're rebelling against your parents: don't lose your temper. Cuz all that happens is they lose their temper too, which causes them to get stiff with stubborness, and you don't want that if you're trying to convince them with something.

Well, that's how it works in my family anyway. :)

Pay respect to parents no matter what they do to you and to others. Look at Guru Nanak Dev jee.. His dad was pretty mad at guru jee and once even raised his hand against guru sahib jee.. what guru sahib jee did?? Nothing.. he accepted it ..

THat's the example he gave to us.. no matter what your parents do.. don't go against it and if its about your sikhi then keep it gupt till you become independent (lots of ppls diagree with me on that).. I do against my parents wishes most of the time tongue.gif but deep within i know im not supposed to do that.. Respect them as they know you from day number 1.

We (Parents and i) were watching today and i put both my hands on my head, my mum goes, dont put ur hands on ur head, i said why not? she said, cos u shouldnt.

So i asked if there is a reason i shouldnt put hands on the head, she said, she doesnt know but there must be a reason.she stopped complaining and i kept the hands on the head and took them off after a while when i got tired tongue.gif

he he he...even my mother used to say that. The reason she says u should not put your hands on the head is because it means that your hands are a burden on you. And apparently that is a very bad sign. rolleyes.gif

Pay respect to parents no matter what they do to you and to others. Look at Guru Nanak Dev jee.. His dad was pretty mad at guru jee and once even raised his hand against guru sahib jee.. what guru sahib jee did?? Nothing.. he accepted it ..

THat's the example he gave to us.. no matter what your parents do.. don't go against it and if its about your sikhi then keep it gupt till you become independent (lots of ppls diagree with me on that).. I do against my parents wishes most of the time tongue.gif but deep within i know im not supposed to do that.. Respect them as they know you from day number 1.

110925[/snapback]

Seconded!!! My views exactly...it's not right to rebel against your parents.

wjkkwjkf

u should feeel lucky that becoz of them u came into being( in this world)

It only they whose sanskar met with urs & u came into xistence

AS GURBANI LOUDLY SAYS:

"PEHLE MAI BAAP KI SUD"(everthing comes after[ ur parents & their respect first])

bhul chuk muaf

wjkkwjkf

It depend on the cause or reason your are being rebellious for. You should not argue on stupid things that you know that your parents are SMART enough to recognize where you going with arguments.

BE SMART, USE YOUR JUDGEMENT, CONSIDER IF YOU CAN STAY WITHOUT ARGUMENT or GOING AGAINST PARENTS WISHES.

TO REBELL EQUIP YOURSELF WITH ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PARTICULAR THING.

STAY TWO STEPS AHEAD IN THINKING ABOUT THE RESULTS.

Ask for parents blessings to be successful in life. SCHOOLING BEGIN IN FAMILY and PARENTS ARE OUR FIRST TEACHERS.

Stay in chardikalaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!