Sikhism/chrisitanity

tkkookar

Yes, it is true that Christ flinched when he was in pain. But I don't know what exactly you are arguing on and on about ?

You are arguing the supremacy of sacrifice on "Whose sacrifice is greater" ?

This is not my actually not my style, and I do not argue on such things like 'proving whose sacrifice was greater' and going all out to prove which prophet was superior because each prophet has a particular message for a particular period of time and for a particular group of people who are in need and in a particular situation. But as a last post on this topic, I will say that the sacrifice of Christ created the strongest and mightiest kaum this earth has ever seen. Let that be proof enough of his sacrifice.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.akj.org.uk/literature/article.a...gat&f=janetlant

"Some other Sikh, wrote that Punjabi Sikhs are cutting their Hair and trying to blend in with western culture. Well that's their & their parents poor understanding of Divinity of Sikhism. So by dumping diamonds they don't hurt me one bit, its their loss. I as a very Modern American, know I am becoming even more Modern by adopting the Guru's (the Lights that Dispel the Darkness)teachings and way of life. If Punjabi Sikhs misbehave they loose big time. I have looked at all Religions and Sikhism is the only Dharm that can exist in its current form on any Planet in Any Universe, maybe the Punjabi Sikhs don't deserve this best of all Universal Knowledge anymore."

WoW!

raju calm down im not arguing with you and about creating the world's strongest kaum, i never knew jesus created a kaum or did the crusades create it, or mass conversions, uh like south america, mexico? huh uh, ok. It is easy to boast after doing what the muslims did, the sword or convert. Or as in India today you accept christ get some money and a new house...

i don't want to talk about chrsitianity..the bible was written by followers of jesus if jesus had a message from God he should have written it down himself cause if he was smart he would have known that peopel have a tendency to write their own interpretations of things a la Mark mathew luke and john...and to top it off the bibleis translated into english from armeic, there you've just lost even more in translation...

oh yeah it would have been nice if the bible knew the earth wasn't flat...jeez how they gonna talk about God when they don't even know about the earth we live on?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

jesus was a nice person .. but he went into ehankar too so praised his name .. and plus he couldn't/didn't write the true teachings of god .. that's why people after 100 years wrote bible.. they did say some things write like god is one .. god is with you .. do good deeds .. help others .. don't say bad to others .. but they couldn't teach us the whole true reality of life like guru ji did ..just like muslims .. everything is same as in quran .. teachings .. but only christians get baptimized.. and even if i see/hear of the sacrifice of jesus .. yes every sacrifice if bigger than the other.. but he was just put on the cross and hang with nails .. but puratan singhs .. were chopped half .. were chopped ang by ang .. fought with his head on this palm .. aren't these bigger than any others?? all those religious prophets were failed to reach their messages reached on writings .. that's why people wrote bible and quran according to their needs .. and time .. that's why kaljug came and then guru ji has to come...

sachkhand is becoming one with God and ending the cycle of birth and death or separation from our creator Lord.

Christianity doesn't talk about about this type of heaven. As a Sikhs don't conern yourself about heaven and so forth I'll post a shabad from Gurbani about this when i get home, im at work at the moment...

gauVI kbIr jI ] (325-8)

ga-orhee kabeer jee.

Gauree, Kabeer Jee:

jo jn primiq prmnu jwnw ] (325-8, gauVI, kbIr jI)

jo jan parmit parman jaanaa.

He claims to know the Lord, who is beyond measure and beyond thought;

bwqn hI bYkuMT smwnw ]1] (325-8, gauVI, kbIr jI)

baatan hee baikunth samaanaa. ||1||

by mere words, he plans to enter heaven. ||1||

nw jwnw bYkuMT khw hI ] (325-9, gauVI, kbIr jI)

naa jaanaa baikunth kahaa hee.

I do not know where heaven is.

jwnu jwnu siB khih qhw hI ]1] rhwau ] (325-9, gauVI, kbIr jI)

jaan jaan sabh kaheh tahaa hee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Everyone claims that he plans to go there. ||1||Pause||

khn khwvn nh pqIAeI hY ] (325-9, gauVI, kbIr jI)

kahan kahaavan nah patee-a-ee hai.

By mere talk, the mind is not appeased.

qau mnu mwnY jw qy haumY jeI hY ]2] (325-10, gauVI, kbIr jI)

ta-o man maanai jaa tay ha-umai ja-ee hai. ||2||

The mind is only appeased, when egotism is conquered. ||2||

jb lgu min bYkuMT kI Aws ] (325-10, gauVI, kbIr jI)

jab lag man baikunth kee aas.

As long as the mind is filled with the desire for heaven,

qb lgu hoie nhI crn invwsu ]3] (325-11, gauVI, kbIr jI)

tab lag ho-ay nahee charan nivaas. ||3||

he does not dwell at the Lord's Feet. ||3||

khu kbIr ieh khIAY kwih ] (325-11, gauVI, kbIr jI)

kaho kabeer ih kahee-ai kaahi.

Says Kabeer, unto whom should I tell this?

swDsMgiq bYkuMTY Awih ]4]10] (325-11, gauVI, kbIr jI)

saaDhsangat baikunthay aahi. ||4||10||

The Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is heaven. ||4||10||

gauVI pUrbI ] (337-10)

ga-orhee poorbee.

Gauree Poorbee:

surg bwsu n bwCIAY frIAY n nrik invwsu ] (337-10, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

surag baas na baachhee-ai daree-ai na narak nivaas.

Don't wish for a home in heaven, and don't be afraid to live in hell.

honw hY so hoeI hY mnih n kIjY Aws ]1] (337-10, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

honaa hai so ho-ee hai maneh na keejai aas. ||1||

Whatever will be will be, so don't get your hopes up in your mind. ||1||

rmeIAw gun gweIAY ] (337-11, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

rama-ee-aa gun gaa-ee-ai.

Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord,

jw qy pweIAY prm inDwnu ]1] rhwau ] (337-11, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

jaa tay paa-ee-ai param niDhaan. ||1|| rahaa-o.

from whom the most excellent treasure is obtained. ||1||Pause||

ikAw jpu ikAw qpu sMjmo ikAw brqu ikAw iesnwnu ] (337-12, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

ki-aa jap ki-aa tap sanjamo ki-aa barat ki-aa isnaan.

What good is chanting, penance or self-mortification? What good is fasting or cleansing baths,

jb lgu jugiq n jwnIAY Bwau Bgiq Bgvwn ]2] (337-12, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

jab lag jugat na jaanee-ai bhaa-o bhagat bhagvaan. ||2||

unless you know the way to worship the Lord God with loving devotion? ||2||

sMpY dyiK n hrKIAY ibpiq dyiK n roie ] (337-13, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

sampai daykh na harkhee-ai bipat daykh na ro-ay.

Don't feel so delighted at the sight of wealth, and don't weep at the sight of suffering and adversity.

ijau sMpY iqau ibpiq hY ibD ny ricAw so hoie ]3] (337-13, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

ji-o sampai ti-o bipat hai biDh nay rachi-aa so ho-ay. ||3||

As is wealth, so is adversity; whatever the Lord proposes, comes to pass. ||3||

kih kbIr Ab jwinAw sMqn irdY mJwir ] (337-14, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

kahi kabeer ab jaani-aa santan ridai majhaar.

Says Kabeer, now I know that the Lord dwells within the hearts of His Saints;

syvk so syvw Bly ijh Gt bsY murwir ]4]1]12]63] (337-14, gauVI pUrbI, Bgq kbIr jI)

sayvak so sayvaa bhalay jih ghat basai muraar. ||4||1||12||63||

that servant performs the best service, whose heart is filled with the Lord. ||4||1||12||63||

i personally don't have nethin against any religion... but there's one main thing about christianity that kinda confuses me... why in the bible does it say 'do not believe in any other god for I am a jealous god'..???

and tha's not somethin i HEARD from some1... thats something me and my brother saw with our own eyes... we were on a trip and u know how they have bibles in hotel rooms... my brother just opened it up to a random page and the first thing he saw was that... i'm sure there's more to it then jes that... so if sum1 can, please explain...

thanx..