Sikhism/chrisitanity

tkkookar

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the eprson who wrot the article u wrote, how does he have ANY PROOF for the claims hes making

if someone came to me and started s aying no u are wrong, this is wat ure religion is saying, id be like wt**

im not saying the author is wrong veer je, but u cant just go to other dharms take there athihaas and say no this means somethin else

unless he can provide evidence from the biible that eve wasnt really eve, she was soemthn else, th serpent really wasnt a serpent, it was something else, etc.

bhula chuka maf

113728[/snapback]

my beloved, Because as i stated in my response to tkkooker one must have spiritual wisdom, not just intellect, or be rehersed in history and so forth to understand the messages. In my opinion, those authors have that spiritual wisdom and that gives them the right to decipher the message and present it as they have interpeted it.

I'll tell you right now, i cannot provide you with any proof, nor can anyone else. Your proof does not lie in words, because whatever you will read will be subjective. Only you have the ability to seek and experience the truth for yourself and that will be your proof. I posted the quotes because my heart agreed with what they said. Are they the ultimate truth, perhaps. I am not going to form a conclusion until I myself attain that bibek budhi or that spiritual knowledge that will provide me with the insight. My opinions are never closed, they are always open to new interpetations.

does bible contain both old and new testament .. or these are two different books..

113965[/snapback]

Some bibles contain just the New Testament and some other's have both old and new testaments.

I remember someone asking a question regarding the old testament as to why God constantly reffered to himself as a jealous God.

Similarly there is one more interesting aspect which literally litters the old testament. And that is the 'Burnt Offering'.

In pre-Christian times the Hebrew Levis and Priests used to offer Burnt offerings of clean animals. It was said that God and angels liked the smell and aroma of these burnt offerings. It was said to be pleasing to God.

The clean animals were supposed to be:

Pigeon

Lamb

Heifer/cow

Out of the three, the lamb is supposed to be the most noble and supreme offering.

Now surprisingly even Hindu Brahman's have a form of burnt offerings ceremony which they called homa. And they just substitute the live lamb with a lamb made out of 'rice powder'.

namb_somayaagam_photo_19.jpg

This rice powder paste modelled as a lamb (Pishta-Pasu) on the baked plantain leaf will be hard-baked after folding the leaf edges. Parts of the figure will be cut out and ritualistically offered to fire-god (Homam), with the assumption that it is truely a lamb.

So thus one can see that pre-christian traditions and hindu traditions are not that far apart. Infact they in all probability have had common origins.

The Christians substituted the practice of burnt offerings by burning certain herbs etc during church service.

ok say jesus forgave sins ina  second, well he is gone so who is forgiving your sins now? 

I Sikhi we have the eternal shabad Guru uttered by our Gurus which is and always will be with us.  How do stories in the bible about jesus's life forgive your sins now?  And what does your faith say about staying away from sins in the first place?

112551[/snapback]

Sikhs have eternal shabad of your Gurus and Christians have plenty to choose from, for eg heard of the Ten Commandments of Moses ??

Secondly if you specifically refer to Christianity, it believes that man is a sinner, knowingly or unknowingly so as important as it is to consciously prevent ourselves from sinning it is more important to repent.

Repentance has a very important place in christianity and that is exactly the reason why you find so many people in the west behaving like perpetual apologists. Hope you get the drift.

112556[/snapback]

what does guru ji says about man being sinner..??