Sikhism/chrisitanity

tkkookar

from wat this moorkh knows, im prb weong

tere was an angel, lucifer

he rebelled agasint god, and him and 1/3 of heaven was cast onto earth or something

and lucifer was renamed satan

if u prob search google on lucifer, ull prob find a lot

or satan

its basically the devil

and this whole unvierse is an experiment, to see if good will prevail over evil, and satan is the one who tempts into evil

somethng like tha

im prob wrong

but w/e

bhula chuka maf

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They bury dead because on Judgement day Jesus is gonna come and take them to heaven. Same with Muslims. They say Mohammed gonna come. They have to wait for, I don't know how many centuries for this to happen. Sikhs don't need to wait. Live the lfe of a Gurmukh and your cycle of birth and death is done. Take out Kaam Kroadh Lobh Moh Hankaar. Also Hutth. Also Muslims believe that when a body is burned it feels pain. That is another reason they don't bury the dead. Hence comes:

Mitti Musalmaan Ki Payray Paa-ee Ghume-aar.

Christians probably believe the sam thing. Islam is very very similar to Christianity.

Gupt daasan daas you'r right. When Adam & Eve where in the garden of heaven, Lucifer tempted Eve through the prohibited tree of the apple, and that is how Eve conceived and introduced the evil gene into human beings.

That is also why Eve and her descendents hardship on earth was proportionately increased as compared to Adam's.

i personally don't have nethin against any religion... but there's one main thing about christianity that kinda confuses me... why in the bible does it say 'do not believe in any other god for I am a jealous god'..???

and tha's not somethin i HEARD from some1... thats something me and my brother saw with our own eyes... we were on a trip and u know how they have bibles in hotel rooms... my brother just opened it up to a random page and the first thing he saw was that... i'm sure there's more to it then jes that... so if sum1 can, please explain...

thanx..

113128[/snapback]

sooo... any1 wanna answer my question now?

Yes veerje it is a fact.

It is written in many places in the Bible that 'I am a jealous God'. This fable starts from Egypt where Moses had to prove to the Egyptians that his God was superior to the God the Egyptians believed in. The Israelites, who as per bible were meant to be God's chosen children had to be reminded again and again not to stray from the path of God because the Israelites had a tendency towards Idol-worshipping and they along with Egyptians used to consider Idols as their Gods before Moses came into the picture. You also have to understand that the bible is a translation from Hebrew and ancient Aramaic so many times the translations might be figurative and not literal.

aight, the story of adam and eve is somewhat... misunderstood by a lot of people. for those interested, id invite you to read my lil academical disection story with notes below. you'll see there's a lot more to the story... symbolically speaking

Ok. Time for a lil story telling:

The story of Adam and Eve, as most christians understand it and have studied it... starts off like this:

In the beginning there was God. Then God created the heavens and the earth, in 6 days he added light and dark, the elements, vegetation, sea life, vegetation, animals, and then humans in his own image (Adam and Eve). On the 7th day, God took rest and delighted in his creations*1

Well, conservatists say that Adam was made first, and that Adam got lonely. He asked god for a companion, and so out of one of Adam's ribs, created Eve*2 and they were placed in the Garden of Eden*3, God told them do anything you like, but do not eat the fruit of this one tree, the tree of knowledge. So they obeyed and lived happily in bliss but ignorant of anything.

But, as the angels in heaven saw the creation God had made, some angels became jelous thinking "God loves humans more than I". One such Angel, was named Lucifer*4. He was proud of himself, and could not accept that God was not loving him more than his human creations. So one day, after Lucifer gathered a bunch of other jelous angels, he came and said to God that he is as powerful as God, and other angels are on his side. God, giving his justice said "there is no one more powerful than I... pride is your problem.. and for that you shall be banned from heaven and be condemned to hell" and there, lucifer fell from the sky into a created hell.*5

From his time in Hell, with the other fallen angels*6 who rebelled with him, he began thinking about a way out of hell. As any rational being would want to do... like get the hell out of hell hahaha, and go back to God and happiness.

From his evil thoughts, grew Sin, and from his mind Sin was born.*7 Sin, a very beautiful woman, was at the entrace of Hell, guarding the 9 Gates.*8 When lucifer came to the gates, he became lustful of Sin and had insest with her, and death was born from Sin.*9 He then tricked her to open the main gate of hell, but just a tiny tad so that he could escape and do his buisness.

Satan/lucifer was a shape shifter. He could take on any form he wanted, he kept changing forms as to not be caught by the good angels who were guarding Eden. Once in Eden, he became a serpent and came to talk to Eve.*10. He was coiled around a branch on the tree of knowledge*11. And whispered to Eve saying "Why should you not be allowed to eat this fruit? if you eat the fruit of this tree, you will gain the knowledge of good and evil, and become like God is knowledgable."*12

She took the fruit and ate, and gave to adam also and he also ate. Then God stormed down and said, now that you have eaten from the tree of knowledge...because of this sin, they became mortal (death had been born). pain and suffering came into being. they saw that they were naked, and became ashamed and made clothes to hide themselves. and they were banished from the garden of Eden.

Satan who had ran away when god was coming down, returned to Hell after his victory, and openned the gate a bit more. because of that, all the other fallen angels were able to escape into the world of human mortals and tempt people into sin...

Please read my Notes:

*1-hense a week being 7 days, and sunday being sabbath - day off for christians to rest and contemplate God

*2-this aspect though, is under some debate, some say Eve was first. Or at the same time.

*3- historians etc beleive that this was at Mesopotamia, a real paradice in its time

*4-Lucifer means, the brightest light. His greatest sin was pride.

*5-Hell is portrayed as being a dark place full of monsters, and evil. Raging fires that scorch souls for eternity. Unquenchable thirst, a place that experiences the absense of God. On the "gate" of hell says "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

*6-The other fallen angels have very interesting names: "Some medieval scholars of demonology ascribed to a hierarchy of seven archdemons the seven deadly sins: Lucifer (Pride); Mammon (Avarice); Asmodeus (Lechery); Satan (Anger); Beelzebub (Gluttony); Leviathan (Envy); and Belphegor (Sloth)." Taken from http://www.hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.com/A...llen_angels.htm.

*7-This idea comes from Milton's "Paradice Lost" theological story telling of the biblical account. But symbolically it works very well.

*8-Apparently there are 9 gates that stop the evilness of hell from coming out. When the gates open, "all hell breaks loose"

*9-Remember, this is all symbolism put as a story of creation of humans and evil into the world. From Lucifer's pride, sin was conceived and born, when sin and pride met with lust, death was born. its all a symbolic story.

*10-why Eve? Milton would argue it is because she was more clever which ment that the serpent could trick her in her own thinking. Others argue it is because women are dumber than man - a temptress. However, it is under debate weather it was eve or adam the serpent talked with. Judging that the whole roman church is male dominated, it would be easy to say woman was the temptress...

*11-There were 2 such trees in the center of the garden of Eden, one the tree of life, one the tree of knowledge. To eat from the tree of life would give eternal life, but the other would give death.

*12-somewhat like... gaining and Conscience - being able to know difference between right and wrong. before being tempted they were ignorant,and therefore blissful. they didnt know what they did etc was wrong... so sin didnt seem to exist yet to mankind.

it looks like a story .. who any one can make it .. what does guru ji says about creations of the earth..and life .. does bani says taht death was made by sin .. this adam and eve story says .. does cristians belive in souls after death can walk around when they don't get mukti .. or when somebody dies b4 their time .. seems like all these stories like ambrosia told .. cuz bible was made after 100 years of jesus death..

The story of Adam & Eve in bible is just that. A story.

It was taken from the Greeks who inturn took it from the Sumerians/babylonian who had originally taken the story from the ancient hindu.

The only thing one can be sure of is that there indeed was a character called 'Adam' by Greeks and other names by others, he was not the first man on earth by any means but supposedly the first man whom God created in his own image. Make of it what you will.