Is It In Taksali Maryada

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Kaür Ji!

You have put a question " . . . first i would like to ask you how is bibek the capability to accept gods hukam?"

Buddhi is a part and way of mind. Buddhi, when blossoms further, becomes Bibayk. The nearest word for Bibayk can be the developed conscious mind. The fully developed conscious mind becomes capable to accept God's Hukum and realizes the oneness of HIM in all.

Your next question is this. "Which of the Gurbani tukks you mentioned suggests that meaning of bibek?"

The Guru's Vaak is kwty AigAwn iqmr inrmlIAw buiD ibgws ibbykw ]

kaatay agi-aan timar nirmalee-aa buDh bigaas bibaykaa.

It cuts away the darkness of ignorance. Softened Buddhi blossoms into Bibayk.

The translation, you provided, is full of ignorance done by an egoistic person. It is "I have cut away the darkness of ignorance and become immaculate; my discriminationg intellect has blossomed forth."

How can ego cut away the darkness when Ab moih lbiDE hY hir tykw ]

gur dieAwl Bey suKdweI AMDulY mwixku dyKw ]1] rhwau ]

Now to me is found the support of Hari.

The merciful Guru has become the giver of Sukh. The blind has seen Ruby.

With the support of Hari the merciful Guru cuts away the darkness of ignorance.

Here is one more Vaak from Nanak Ji.

iqlku illwit jwxY pRBu eyku ]

tilak lilaat jaanai parabh ayk.

Tilak on the forehead, knows one Prabhu.

bUJY bRhmu AMqir ibbyku ]4]

boojhai barahm antar bibayk. ||4|| SGGS ANG 355-7

Resolves Brahm with inside Bibayk.

I cannot imagine a person realizing God while differentiating between and being busy with bad and good inside.

Knowing God's Hukum and His Oneness happens at the same time. Actually all Godly attributes are experienced at one time.

--------------

You wrote about Bibayk "It is the capability . . . to be able to diffrentiate, and identify the good things from a mixture of good and bad!!"

Gurbani says that Bibayk is Guru and Guru is Samdarsee. Samdarsee is one who does not differentiate.

And you interpreted this Vaak explaining just the opposite.

Let us ponder what our Gurus say about good and bad.

hukmu bUJY so syvku khIAY ]

hukam boojhai so sayvak kahee-ai.

Resolves Hukum, call him the server.

burw Blw duie smsir shIAY ]

buraa bhalaa du-ay samsar sahee-ai. SGGS ANG 1076-10

He bears both bad and good evenly.

Bad and good are the properties of the dual world. One may be engaged with either of these.

He remains a part of the duality.

Our Gurus and his true Sikhs are beyond duality. Their state is this.

burw Blw khu iks no khIAY ]

buraa bhalaa kaho kis no kahee-ai.

Who should be called bad or good?

dIsY bRhmu gurmuiK scu lhIAY ]

deesai barahm gurmukh sach lahee-ai. SGGS ANG 353-10

Brahm becomes visible. The mouth of the Guru transfers the truth.

Bad and good exist till Buddhi differentiates those. The duality remains. With Bibayk samdarsee bha-o arises.

burw Blw iqcru AwKdw ijcru hY duhu mwih ]

buraa bhalaa tichar aakh-daa jichar hai duhu maahi.

One talks bad and good so long he is in duality.

gurmuiK eyko buiJAw eyksu mwih smwie ]7]

gurmukh ayko bujhi-aa aykas maahi samaa-ay. ||7|| SGGS ANG 757-7.

The mouth of Guru resolves ONE, and dwells in oneness.

The guru is Bibayk. The guru does not live in duality.

There are so many examples in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on this topic for Satsang.

--------------

Your last question in this post is this.

"And what is that supposed to mean?

Differentiate between me and God? i am a lowly mortal, and God is supereme. There is a vast difference right there. i hope your bibek budhi will be able to tell that. It is pretty obvious."

Gurbani says there is no difference between Jeev and Bhagvaan.

srb jIA pUrn Bgvwn ]6]

sarab jee-a pooran bhagvaan. ||6|| SGGS ANG 1236-5

All Jeevs are total God.

Another Vaak from Gurdev is this.

ausqiq inMdw doaU prhir hir kIriq auir Awno ]

ustat nindaa do-oo parhar har keerat ur aano.

Both praise and slanders are snatched away. Activities of Hari are originating from heart.

jn nwnk sB hI mY pUrn eyk purK Bgvwno ]2]1]

jan naanak sabh hee mai pooran ayk purakh bhagvaano. ||2||1|| SGGS ANG 1186-10

O being Nanak! In all is complete one Purakh Bhagvaan.

One more example is here.

bYrI mIq hoey sMmwn ]

bairee meet ho-ay sammaan.

Enemies and friends have become the same.

srb mih pUrn Bgvwn ]

sarab meh pooran bhagvaan. SGGS ANG 1147-10

In all is complete Bhagvaan.

Kaür Ji! There is no difference between you and God.

These teachings may have been injected in us from a preacher "i am a lowly mortal, and God is supereme. There is a vast difference right there."

Balbir Singh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

To Balbir Singh:

First the definition of the word bibek you provide changes in every post of yours.

Which dictionary did you refer? Or you just got all the gyan... since you are already one with God (acc. to your theory)?

Second the translations i provide are done by an ego filled person, and the ones you do are heavenly. As long as you are happy.

I cannot imagine a person realizing God while differentiating between and being busy with bad and good inside.

Who said a person had to be busy with that? i didn't? :) I said budhi is bibek when a person KNOWS what is good. He doesnt have to be in the dubidha.... He recognises the jewel. He won't run after fikay padarath. Duality is when he doesn't know the difference. Bibek is far above the duality.

I just hope you will look at other people's views with a cool mind rather than trying to thrust your views upon them. And do not mis-interpret what others say to make yourself look right.

rolleyes.gif

Bibek is not a small topic that can be discussed lke that.

Satsang is not where you misinterpret ppl, and tell them they are in dubidha, and tell them they got ego.

krhu ibbyku sMq jn BweI Koij ihrdY dyiK FMFolI ]

Peace.

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

Satsriakal to all and Kaür Ji!

This post from you is full of doubts.

The mistrusting nature shows the state of mind.

--------------

Godly attributes are one in totality. There are limitations in expressing those through human language.

It is something like someone requests you to describe the room you are present in right now. The words you use are not enough to express the room in total.

You started writing with "First the definition of the word bibek you provide changes in every post of yours."

It is not changing. It is the same what Bibayk experiences. Only words are different to express those attributes of the ONE.

Then you asked a question. "Which dictionary did you refer?"

Dictionaries are not providing experiences. Those develop too, with the human languages.

Writing and reading about God and Godly attributes is not enough to realize HIM.

For your curiosity the dictionary I referred is 'Sanskrit-Hindi Kosh' edited by Vaman Shivram Apte. The publisher's name is Motilal Banarsi Das.

The meaning of Vivek 'Satya Gyan' is numbered with five.

Your next doubt is "Or you just got all the gyan... since you are already one with God (acc. to your theory)?"

With true Jap or Simran the consciousness grows. The developed conscious mind (Bibayk) experiences Godly attributes. This is Truth.

There are no theories.

Your following sentence is "Second the translations i provide are done by an ego filled person, and the ones you do are heavenly. As long as you are happy."

As long as Godly forces work in me to write I am writing. As long as Godly forces work in a person to read he is reading.

Then you doubted your own action. You wrote "Who said a person had to be busy with that?"

Please tell me how can a person discriminate good from bad without being busy with it. And you feel this a way to be liberated from duality. No one can get rid from duality by sorting it out.

Our Gurus have suggested the simplest way. This is Simran or JAP. One has it as Gurprasaad. Or he goes on rebirthing till he receives it.

Please read you sentences again. "I said budhi is bibek when a person KNOWS what is good." And "Bibek is far above the duality."

Duality consists of good and bad. How is Bibayk far above the duality when it knows what is good? With every awareness of good one knows what is bad in the background.

Good and bad are in the behavior of mind.

God is recognized when mind is transcended.

Then you warned with a smile "I just hope you will look at other people's views with a cool mind rather than trying to thrust your views upon them. And do not mis-interpret what others say to make yourself look right."

It is not my job to induce ignorance among people. God is getting HIS job done through all.

Thanks for the Satsang and Great Guru's Vaak krhu ibbyku sMq jn BweI Koij ihrdY dyiK FMFolI ]

Balbir Singh

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

just a quick reply to the above post:

The meaning of Vivek 'Satya Gyan' is numbered with five.

Satya Gyan:

Satya: Truth.

Gyan: Knowledge. (or wisdom as u previously quoted)

Need i say more? I already wrote a para abt this earlier....

Your following sentence is "Second the translations i provide are done by an ego filled person, and the ones you do are heavenly. As long as you are happy."

As long as Godly forces work in me to write I am writing. As long as Godly forces work in a person to read he is reading.

Godly forces work in everyone jio... not just you. They work both ways.

Then you doubted your own action. You wrote "Who said a person had to be busy with that?"

I didn't doubt my action. I have been constantly saying the same thing.

Please tell me how can a person discriminate good from bad without being busy with it. And you feel this a way to be liberated from duality. No one can get rid from duality by sorting it out.

Our Gurus have suggested the simplest way. This is Simran or JAP. One has it as Gurprasaad. Or he goes on rebirthing till he receives it.

Please read you sentences again. "I said budhi is bibek when a person KNOWS what is good." And "Bibek is far above the duality."

Duality consists of good and bad. How is Bibayk far above the duality when it knows what is good? With every awareness of good one knows what is bad in the background.

Good and bad are in the behavior of mind.

God is recognized when mind is transcended.

Simple. When the budhi is bibek, it has the gyan (knowledge or wisdom)) of the Good (or sach or truth). There is no duality. You see a rotten apple and a good one, you look at them and you know which one is good and you pick the good one. You are not in duality. Duality will be when half your mind says go for the rotten one, and half says pick the good one. When your budhi is bibek, it won't be difficult choosing between a satsang and a club. Because you know which is good. You won't spend time choosing where you want to go.

And yes budhi does become bibek with kirpa. No doubts about that.

Bhul chuk maaf karni.

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Sooo...what I get is that when Hindus, Muslims, and folks of other religions came to eat langar in the Pangat, the Sikhs of the Gurus went to separate areas to eat... :) Would Guru Nanak/Guru Gobind Singh Ji support this idea when they were present in the human form?

Somehow, I do not think so. Pangat concept says that EVERYONE should sit in the same line and eat and this applies to Sikhs and non-Sikhs who come for the Darshan of Guru Sahib. But the best thing would be to question those who engage in such practices directly and ask them for their answer. Then make your decision of whether the practice is in line with Sikhism or not.

...somehow, Sikhism is getting very complicated...

Sat Sri Akal:

Sooo...what I get is that when Hindus, Muslims, and folks of other religions came to eat langar in the Pangat, the Sikhs of the Gurus went to separate areas to eat... :)   Would Guru Nanak/Guru Gobind Singh Ji support this idea when they were present in the human form?

Somehow, I do not think so.  Pangat concept says that EVERYONE should sit in the same line and eat and this applies to Sikhs and non-Sikhs who come for the Darshan of Guru Sahib.  But the best thing would be to question those who engage in such practices directly and ask them for their answer.  Then make your decision of whether the practice is in line with Sikhism or not.

...somehow, Sikhism is getting very complicated...

113285[/snapback]

post-994-1123610015.jpg

As we can see Damdami Taksal's Jathedar Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale sits in Pangat to eat Langar, so we can see that if Taksal's Jathedar sits in Pangat, then the vidiarthi's of Taksal will also sit in Pangat.

Satsriakal to all and Kaür Ji!

In my view, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not teaching moral science. Gurbani is all about NAM Simran or JAP of Shabad and its results.

The moral and worldly values, which the society teaches, vary according to person, time and place.

The true values which do not vary are established by JAP.

Your world seems to be quite good from the standpoint of your developed Buddhi.

May God bless you with that what you wish.

Let this conversation with you become history.

--------------

Here are few words to Kandola Ji.

God is in everyone. Persons, who turn away their face from other human beings, actually turn away from God.

Such persons think of impurity in others but in reality they are impure.

There is a wonderful Shabad from Nanak Ji on Ang 1240 on impurity of such persons.

The last Vaak of this Shabad is

nwnk inguirAw guxu nwhI koie ]

naanak niguri-aa gun naahee ko-ay.

muih PyirAY muhu jUTw hoie ]1]

muhi fayri-ai muhu joothaa ho-ay. ||1||

God is not only True (Sach) HE is pure (Soochaa) also.

God is never impure (joothaa) because HE never turns away His Face from anyone.

Balbir Singh