Why is She Afraid?

hardykaur

GurfateH

You get alot of amritdhari sikhs that dont know mcuh about sikhi...Hence they dont realy teach their kids anything about sikhi...and you get the sikhs that ahve been forced to go gurdwara ... or forced to keep their hair.

so eventualy they feel repulsive to sikhi.

Young1nz need to be TAUGHT about sikhi. so they can UNDERSTAND.

Thats why its so damn important to implant the 'naam' before anyhthing else from a very young age.

Then the kids would naturaly want to know more about sikhi after theyv had their personal experiences.

the power of naam will help them understand and give them the power to folow sikhi as best they can.

Waheguroo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just wanted to add sum views...

well parents who do gr8 seva... RESPECT TO EM!! :)

but u no, some tend to leave their chidlren behind at home. so tis their own fault to some extent. if they at work or gurdwara 24/7 then this gives chilkdren the chance 2 do wot tehy lyk, come home wenever they lyk etc etc. my parents werent lyk that, they made us go every eevening 2 lisun 2 kirtan sohila etc. but it dint go into our heads, i min i only got into sikhi coz of the net! blush.gif coz basically we haf no sangat down here who r my age... 2 types of people go 2 gurdwara. very old people and very young chidlren who play in halls. am i rong?

In other words, no1 can help it wacko.gif its the past karams i suppose.

Ok this is something that has come out totally out of the blue.

I have a friend her parents are amrit dhari an part of a jatha in a very famous gurdwara in birmingham.

She don't eat meat and says it is because of her religion (sikhi), but she has cut her hair an well there is no sign of facial hair cus it has all been removed an well she drinks an is proud to talk of this. :)

She hardly ever goes to the gurdwara an well i don't get it. If her parents are so religious why have they left their daughter. no.gif

She knows hardly anything of sikhi an is 100% anti khalistan. Sometimes even if i mention an event regarding sikhi she totaly walk away, and then theres me who is more religious an neither of me parents are amrit dhari or even that religious.

Why is she so afraid of sikhi and the fact that she is sikh?

112821[/snapback]

Dunno about cutting hair that would be her own personal reasons but as for drinking hmmmm. My advice is to talk to her and find out why she is like that..... if that doesnt get to the root of the problem and she continues to give Sikh girls a bad name with her actions then I would tell her that her parents should know what she is getting upto and tell her the bezthi it would bring to them and her.

Sometimes these shock tactics makes a person think whats at stake and what they would lose but dont realise it when their mind is corrupted in this duniyah.

Its no point in  talking about other people, to judge if they are sikh or not. Only God knows who the real sikhs are.

However, if you want to spread the good mesg of sikhi, be happy to be an example in the world

113015[/snapback]

Sister YOU SAID IT exactly what i was gonna say.. I really don't like when we all talk about other ppls, i mean where's the privacy no matter what other person is doing.. Give respect to earn respect !!

Be the change you want to see in the world.

but never by force

besides that, remember that the will of God is sweet. And the will of God is all prevading. No one is higher than his command, all are under his command.

It is all written in Jap Ji Sahib Ji.

Dont waste your time in gup shup.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

but never by force

besides that, remember that the will of God is sweet. And the will of God is all prevading. No one is higher than his command, all are under his command.

It is all written in Jap Ji Sahib Ji.

Dont waste your time in gup shup.

113032[/snapback]

Thats true but if we left everything to chance and dont interfer when we see wrongs being done contradictory to the teachings then it would corrupt the religion.

God is pure and perfect we are all creations of God but to maintain this message our faith must be solid as a diamond and we must not let it get diluted so that future generations get away with anything they want and then come up with the excuse of it wasnt my fault it was the will of God.

i understand your point, many people do put the blame on God, instead of themselves...

but, what im trying to say is... Those special people will find God, when it is their time... when Guru Ji calls them Home, and they finally listen to His Call. No other will can interfere... lol

They will understand, if they are ready and can understand, and want to understand. Only by love of God, will someone find God.

this love, and this understanding can Not be infused into someone by force, or by threat. The desire shall come from within. and the grace shall come from God.

Only, you yourself can try to be good. If you want to meet the lord, meditate on the lord, and meet him.

A religion can not become "impure" because of impure people in it... if impure people are there, they arnt really in the religion anyway... and the pure... the Khalsa!!! are very very rare. (and possibly from different walks of life)

one step into becoming pure is, mend our own faults and listen to the lord and love the lord... dont think of any other... become humble, dont gup shup about others (God will take care of them... God takes care of all)... just love them as your own siblings and parents.

(as well as my above posts stuff)

i understand your point, many people do put the blame on God, instead of themselves...

but, what im trying to say is... Those special people will find God, when it is their time... when Guru Ji calls them Home, and they finally listen to His Call. No other will can interfere... lol

They will understand, if they are ready and can understand, and want to understand. Only by love of God, will someone find God.

this love, and this understanding can Not be infused into someone by force, or by threat. The desire shall come from within. and the grace shall come from God.

Only, you yourself can try to be good. If you want to meet the lord, meditate on the lord, and meet him. 

A religion can not become "impure" because of impure people in it... if impure people are there, they arnt really in the religion anyway...  and the pure... the Khalsa!!! are very very rare. (and possibly from different walks of life)

one step into becoming pure is, mend our own faults and listen to the lord and love the lord... dont think of any other... become humble, dont gup shup about others (God will take care of them... God takes care of all)... just love them as your own siblings and parents.

(as well as my above posts stuff)

113043[/snapback]

Very true and good advice :)

Sat Naam Sri Waheguru Ji ...

Gald to have people like you on the forum :TH: