CASTE!!

gmb_sim

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

lol, we're tryin 2 make a unity between the youth here, not tryin to split the people, at the end of the day, we will all learn sumthing new from whatever we do, so there's no point arguin if sum1 knows enuff about Sikhi, cos theres alwez summat 2 b learnt in life, we are not perfect humans and are therefore bound to make mistakes, and we have to learn from the mistakes, to develop ourselves as Sikhs.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, thanks for moderator for forwarding post.

veer ji, it is good that you are thinking in this way, and want to get one Gurdwara. That will benefit youth alot in long term. If you need any help just let us know.

I myself, am more interested in personal development, and helping youth, rather than banging my head with dodgy pardaans. I have spent too many years doing that.

It does not matter what level of sikhi you are, just come and see us at singh sabha anytime. Who knows, maybe one day they will let us do a youth programme at leeds road. In the first year, they let me speak. Then when they realised I was Panthic, and could quote gurbani, they said they did want my kind around. I think only Congress types are welcome there.

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think it is important that we have all the youth from all the gurdwara's to at least know about one gurdwara Bradford .. It could be a long term scheme..The older generation obviously does not want to know about, or even does not want to think about one gurdwara in Bradford.. But the youth.. The youth are then next generation maybe one day being seva daars at the gurdwara’s when their older and considered 'miture' by everybody else people will see that it is a good idea. If we start to think along the lines now, we are the youth it WILL, one day be possible to have one gurdwara in Bradford! This way we will be able to unite in Bradford no matter what ur caste or beliefs!! Ther is a split in the sikhs here, and we are demading khalistan aswell .. that just doeasnt work does it ?? we have to become one first!!

I try to keep close contact with the youth from all gurdwara's but for some reason i feel intimidated when i go to singh sabha gurdwara bradford ..Maybe its because i am from guru gobind singh gurdwara? I used to go to singh sabha quite often but a great criticism of the gurdwara is.. The people seem to presume things rather than knowing the facts, and i could give you many examples my self which i wont quote because we are not here to 'slag' each other off but i would email u em, if you considered it as knowledge and progression for the gurdwara.

Pull Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

pyare jio, you get that everywhere. I would not worry about it. Many people in gurdwaras have nothing better to do than gossip and talk. That is the sad state, when in the House of the Guru, that is what enters their minds.

Maharaj will bless them one day.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe

I think you should go ahead with this big youth program gbm sim veer ji. It's better if you make a big group out of the youth, because you can't really do much about the older groups. Depending on your age, you really should show more independence in ways like this, because if your parents are teaching you in ways like this, it's just wrong. It's also pretty obvious that, judging from the post, you've thought about this for a long while. Personally, I have a really big disliking of gurdwara committees, because all they're interested in is politics and power, and tend to lose sense of religious spirtuality. So if(and i hope when), remember to not be like the older generations.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fathe

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Veera, i get the same looks when i go to the other Gurdwaras in Bradford. People presume your some "baba ji" becuase you wear bana and dumalla. I'm nothing.

There is a lot of youth in Bradford, but i think the problem is flirting between girls and boys at the Gurdwara. This is everywhere. Kaam is so powerful, that little things like flirting seem nothing you.

The one gurdwara bradford project is huge. The only way to do this is in my opinion is to hold camps, seminars, kirtan darbaars, rehnsbais organised by all the Gurdwaras put together doing parchaar of Guru Granth and Guru Panth. There are regular camps held at various Gurdwaras in Bradford, but everyone tries to keep the organistaion and content of the camp between a few. This is mainly due to personality clashes and parchaar of different maryadas, whereas there should be parchaar of only one maryada, the Akaal Takth Rehit Maryada.

Gurdwaras are beginning to do more parchaar in bradford, but i agree with Jagjit Singh when he says Singh Sabha are most active Gurdwara in Bradford. But that doesn't mean that all other issues don't go on. There is caste, but its not shown and there people in the Gurdwara who have a backward thinking and try to change the gurdwara, akaal thakt maryada to what they heard from some baba or sant ji.

Bhai Surjit Singh ,Punjab did parchaar at khalsacamp and then came to Bradford from Saturday to Friday and did parchaar. Up until wednesday the programme was broadcasted on punjab radio. he said "that the rate that sikhi is going down now, there will be nothing left in the years to come. Its important that w

e educate the youth who will be the ones running the gurdwaras and doing mass parchaar for the Panth"

Bhul Chukh Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Singhni ji it shouldnt e a matter of our gurdwara and your gurdwara dont take affence we are all as bad as each other. its a good suggestion about holding camp and kirtan darbars and rhenswais (4giv my spelling) at guru gobind singh gurdwara thier is a youth organisation for sikhs opened up called .. akal sikh assosiation .. and we have meetings at the gurdwara every wednesday from 7 - 8 the hours maybe extended as thier is so uch to disscuss and so much do! i wish all the youth from all the gurdwara's that they visit to come to this meeting .. bhai sukhraj singh holds it .. i fermilua face to most of bradfords gurdwara's .. i please please please request that all the youth turn up even if thier from local citys such as hudds, leeeds, halifax etc .. this way we can make a differnce. well i hope the youth organisation has nothing to do with one gurdwara bradford its just about general sikhism and every week a presenation is done by 2/3 of the youths about a guru or something they really lik about sikhism. i hope the youth and the older generation can support this because it has been very hard to make the organisation!! please let me know on what should be disscussed if i have missed anything out .. this maybe can lead to one gurdwara bradford .. and i shall be uploading a website telling the sangat of more details about the plan.

we are all the son and daughters of him .. the al mighty .. we should all unite as we are brothers and sisters.. this will make our sikhi stronger

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!