Going Out With Muslim Girl

Guest _amarjit_

as you have said brother that you value your religion....i wish that guru sahib blesses you and gives you strength to keep the outside appearance as well

you are in that age group when you try to find a partner and it is not bad that you have become emotionally involved with someone.

the only thing you need to clear about with that person is that is she willing to follow what you like.......will she be a partner on the path you want to follow......does she like what is dear to you......will she be willing to accept Sikhism as she loves you and will be willing to give up everything for you..............this is an acid test

my dear friend if she is not able to give up her beliefs and take the ones you like  and get going on ajourney of life together hand in hand I am afraid there is nothing much you are going to get out of time you spend with this person

feel free to fire any doubts you may have and we here will try to answer your problems from a sikhi prespective

115356[/snapback]

Why should she accept Sikhism? Why shouldn't he Accept Islam with equality, is he willing to give up everythin for her?

Why are we focusing on bringer her to Sikhi when the same rule applies to him?

115401[/snapback]

Pheena ji you had your way sikh guys (in this case guy with little inclination towards sikh religion) will start becoming muslims .............. and you already know sikh gals do. So what do we do? Be worldly wise, have equality of the gender and become a muslim (and muslims dont have the equality of gender....do they?)

thats the reason on focusing on her to bring into sikhi.......so that you can have equality of gender and everything the westrenised society you were brought up in is still fighting for....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wondered if it was allowed to go out with a pakistani muslim girl who i've grown really close to at uni.

I'm shaven Sikh guy and dont follow sikhi to the letter but I do value my religion. I just wondered if a relationship with a girl, who isnt Sikh, was allowed. And if not how do I do I overcome the feelings for her.  :wub:

115341[/snapback]

if you really love this girl, you will put aside such petty things as religious difference.

The SGGS looks at all religions has a path to god, whoever denies this is a right wing sikh.

God is not going to punish you for leading an honest hardworking life with somone you truely love.

Best of luck to the both of you :wub:

I just wondered if it was allowed to go out with a pakistani muslim girl who i've grown really close to at uni.

I'm shaven Sikh guy and dont follow sikhi to the letter but I do value my religion. I just wondered if a relationship with a girl, who isnt Sikh, was allowed. And if not how do I do I overcome the feelings for her. 

Ppl dnt really understand issues like this as being delicate. some ppl 4get that at the end of the day we are all human and that we do tend to have feelings that we shudn hav. having said this, ppl who are harsh and put us down for having these feelings, do so for a reason. that being that the girl u say u like, is not sikh. therefore any proper proposals which u may want to make in the future, will not be allowed. secondly us as sikhs should demonstrate self control etc.

at the end of the day, u having a relationshp wiv this gal is not allowed, by anyone's standards. now u need to decide if u wana accept this. if u dnt, then may God watch ova u, but if u do accept this, half the battle is won.

the next step would be to actually get ova this gal. no-one is saying that u cannot talk to her, staying mates wiv her may actually be a gud idea, but each person is different and handles things in different ways. i dont tink anyone can give advice on how to get ova someone, its jus something that you'v gota do by urself.

all the best.

• 3 weeks later...
Do some research into sikhi bro, and tell your girl to research sikhi, you both need to understand to learn yah get me ?

115353[/snapback]

no, why dont you learn off of her about her faith also ?

ya get me?

hmm.. touchy subject... u gotta take several things into consideration... 1... will u be following the path of sikhi in the future.. and if yes... will she be willin to join u on that path... 2... will she be followin the path of islam.. and if yes... will you be willin to join her on that path... 3.. if you both decide to completely follow both ur faiths, then what u guyz gonna do?.... u guyz gotta talk this stuff over... i's a lot harder for her i would THINK 'cause from my experience muslim families are a lot more strict on issues like this... not to say that sikh families aren't...

but if the answer to all 3 questions is no... then i don't see any wrong in that... and for the above who said only sikhs can do anand kaaraj... who says that muslims aren't sikh?... or that christians aren't sikh?... the definition of sikh is a learner.. a student of god... whether they are followin islam or what not...

anywhoo... u guyz gotta really discuss ur religious beliefs before u get into anythin.. 'cause it would really suck if u guyz got together and decided on gettin married and then all of a sudden religion becomes a big factor and then either 1 u guyz gotta end it or 2 u guyz gotta run away from home or something...

all the best..

I'm shaven Sikh guy and dont follow sikhi to the letter but I do value my religion. I just wondered if a relationship with a girl, who isnt Sikh, was allowed. And if not how do I do I overcome the feelings for her.  :)

115341[/snapback]

Guroo Maahaaraaj Says to be born into a Sikh Family you MUST have done Guroo Saahibs Seva in your previous life, therefore, you are TRULY Blessed...don't waste this opportunity on something you THINK is right....

Talk to Guroo Saahib, confess your darkest and most inner thoughts and secrets, take a step towards them and you shall see how much they love and cherish you.

We think that Guroo Saahib only loves Their Amritdhari Children, in actual fact they Love Everyone and Everything. If you dont believe me try it, you have nothing to lose.

Take a step even if its a tiny step ie. saying Waahiguroo once a day!

Think about it...

and when you take one step a day guru sahib takes countless steps to reach you as said by bhai gurdas ji in following tuk

crn srin gur eyk pYfw jwie cl

siq gur koit pYfw Awgy hoie lyq hY ]

if you have any doubts or questions by sikhi ask away you have got sangat on this board who themselves have learned from expereince