I Am A Muslim

my religion

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SSM

I think part of the problem with Islam today in this country with the rise of fundamentalism and suicide bombing is because of this arrogance and intolerance - if they believe that the world should be converted to Islam anybody or anything that stands in their way is an enemy and then you get a growth of people who are constantly bitter and angry. If they were to change their attitude and become more humble and realise that Islam is just one religion out of many and is no better or worse than any - and that all religions are equally valid, then they will find their minds resting in peace and will find it easier to live beside all the infidels in England without worrying too much.

Just my opinion.

Some muslims see non muslims as the enemy regardless of whether or not the non muslim's against the Iraq war, for example.

I think the reason some of them kill is not because they want to convert ppl or see them as inferior but because they have really had enough of what the west has done to them.

In Iraq for example they hear of all the suffering, they have seen or heard about their (Muslim) women being raped, ppl being tortured, and that too by men from the West. Iraq is just one example that has seriously angered the mulsims.

I'm not defending them here, but a 'normal' human being would get very angry when they hear abt all this, killing innocents is not the answer but yes these ppl are ignorant and to top it up they become a bit stone hearted after hearing abt all the pain their ppl have suffered. Therefore for revenge, maybe even in an effort to stop the West, they will attack us.

I dont know if u read The Sikh Times: the man in blue section- he wrote last week that although hindus killed in revenge in 1984, so did the sikhs and sikhs also need to apologise (or something along those lines). He was absolutely right that sikhs have also killed, in Punjab we killed hindus, my mamaji burnt a bus full of hindus, my naniji kept these sikh men in her house. It was all part of revenge, but maybe even in an effort to stop the hindus, maybe u think that if u kill a few hindus then they will stop because they also feel threatened? A bit like what happened in the Bollywood film 'Bombay' at the end.

Suicide bombers-they think they are going to heaven but some are seriously ONLY doing it to make a point to the west. You have to feel something for them. Some sikhs in 1984 killed hindus and risked being tortured by the police, they had a reason and we need to understadn what goes thru their heads and then help them from there. The western countries start a war then leave that country after they think they have done their bit. But what they leave behind is bitterness, muslim kids in these countries need to be educated abt what the west did adn why, they need to be taught that suicide bombers only kill the innocent ppl and not any of the men that did all this.

You're right, they would certainly be at peace, but that is very difficult for some of them, they live with the thought that they are great and all else are on the wrong path, and I think this keeps them happy. If u tell them all paths can lead to God it leaves some of them confused as to why ur still content with life if ur a sikh yet u think a muslim can also go to a 'heaven'.

But its hard to change those that have been brought up with a certain interpretation of the koran because to accept our view would mean going against their idea of what islam teaches and thats not happening.

I'm sure it says somewhere that Mohammad was the last prophet so to acceot sikhism as a religion would be against their religion right?

The only thing I can thinkof is, have a light hearted debate with them and that keeps them happy that God knows they tried to convert u. They do feel frustrated when they dont succeed but I love their enthusiasm. Total respect. I feel sorry for some of them.

I think we should set an example for them, if we go and stress at them, that shows sikhs as angry ppl hunna? but if u be an honest and calm and intelliget person then they think-wow- and then they leave u alone.

just realised i did another long post blush.gif , soz to anyone who read it

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

It must be just me but I find it hard to respect anyone let alone be friends with someone who tries to convert me to their religion. To those that think they can be friends with Muslims, you guys need to understand what the teachings of Islam are with regard to non-Muslims. They are told not to be your friends unless they are able to convert you or get an advantage for their faith. Is that really friendship?

I think that you can only get real friendship with a non practicising Muslim.

To the person who said they can understand the 'anger' of Muslims at Iraq. Did you ever ask these angry Muslims what they were doing when Saddam was in power. He killed lakhs of Muslims but you didn't see Muslims going on jihad against him. It's naive to think that Muslims are only angry over certain issues. Do you think that if the west leaves Iraq the violence will stop. Then they'll want Israel to be destroyed, if that happens then it'll be Kashmir, Chechnya. If those issues are resolved then it's the aim that all land that has ever been under Muslim rule needs to be restored to Muslims. That's India, Spain, Balkans etc. If they ever get that then it's their belief that all the earth belongs to allah and hence all other non-Muslim governments are illegal and need to be brought down!

It must be just me but I find it hard to respect anyone let alone be friends with someone who tries to convert me to their religion. To those that think they can be friends with Muslims, you guys need to understand what the teachings of Islam are with regard to non-Muslims. They are told not to be your friends unless they are able to convert you or get an advantage for their faith. Is that really friendship?

I think that you can only get real friendship with a non practicising Muslim.

To the person who said they can understand the 'anger' of Muslims at Iraq. Did you ever ask these angry Muslims what they were doing when Saddam was in power. He killed lakhs of Muslims but you didn't see Muslims going on jihad against him. It's naive to think that Muslims are only angry over certain issues. Do you think that if the west leaves Iraq the violence will stop. Then they'll want Israel to be destroyed, if that happens then it'll be Kashmir, Chechnya. If those issues are resolved then it's the aim that all land that has ever been under Muslim rule needs to be restored to Muslims. That's India, Spain, Balkans etc. If they ever get that then it's their belief that all the earth belongs to allah and hence all other non-Muslim governments are illegal and need to be brought down!

118947[/snapback]

SHUT UP YOU SIKH FUNDAMENTALIST. WAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND THOSE TALIBANS? THEY TEACH HATRED TOWARDS OTHER RELIGION AND YOU ARE DOING THE SAME?