Hip Hop Is Vile

LifeIsBeautiful

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well said, UntitledSingh.

Yes it's true that many of them sing about things mentioned above, but some have another side to them.

Take Tupac Shakur as an example:

'A coward dies a thousand deaths....a soldier dies but once.'

'Only God can judge me.'

'Got shot 5 times but I'm still breathing...living proof there's a God if you need a reason.'

'That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.'

'I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward.'

These are, of course, only a few of the many things that he has said that ring true. This is not a request for you to mention all of the negative things he has said. What I said before was that there are two sides to some artists. I myself haven't kept up with the hip-hop scene for years now, but still have a few favourite tracks.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

120487[/snapback]

ahhhhhhh 2pac! :) :doh:

120497[/snapback]

HIT EM WITH A LIL GHETTO GOSPEL!

yeh

also...i like bhangra like sarwan putra...its about a guy whos parents wer blind so he carried them on his shoulder( a long plank thing he made) to do yatre of all gurudware

SIk-H!!

Argh, I hate bhangra, no offense to those of you who listen to it... it just doesn't sound good to me - like, AT ALL.

But Hip Hop does sound good. Okay, yeah, I'll admit that most of it's some pretty 'evil' garbage preaching nothing but trash to pollute young ones' minds... but there are some songs that are worth listening to.

Like this one:

Where is the Love?

By - Black Eyed Peas

That is my favourite song in the universe. It's so amazing, you just have to listen to it.

Maybe instead of saying Christian folks are saying that and this, why not visit the site and look at the powerpoint.

I mean, if we actually read the lyrics of some songs you can sort of figure out they aren't Godly or anything. And I dunno how you can confuse 2pac Shakur as someone great, he wasn't the hype that everyone cracks him up to be and it was only time before he got shot.

120596[/snapback]

hes not dead!!

i cant believe ppl believe that.. LOL.gif

but hes one of the best rappers ever!!

end of da day

s'alll bout kirtan!!!!!! :) :doh:

Hip Hop sucks?

Hear this song called

Nas - One Mic

and watch the video.

I can provide links to both...from watching the video and hearing the song....tell me you can not see DIRECT parallels with the Sikhs in India.

121940[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

can you provide links please. thanx ji.

if bhangra sucks too then how come i hear the bhangra tunes coming out when i go to the gurdwara to listen to kirtan  LOL.gif

121838[/snapback]

bhangra at gurdara? You mean kirtan songs? sounds abit odd...

121994[/snapback]

umm...i believe Shaheed was just talking about the bhangra tunes ...like the tabla or tolki (type of drums)...but i could be wrong.

so yeah...i dont think Shaheed was trying to say kirtan songs lol

but i could be wrong

but anywhooo...i listen to the Shaheedi Immortality and i think that it has the kind hip-hopish stuff in it...

it has like dr dre's, eminem's, (and i think missy eliot's) tunes in there. now thats not wrong.

i just think that the Christian friend is trying to get somewhere by telling you this stuff...if you know what i mean rolleyes.gif

and its certainly not the kind of tunes that should be taken in consideration, its the lyrics of the songs. i mean if you know that the songs are not right for us to listen to, then i guess we should stop then. not when you hear a certain tune, which could be right in the begining. lol...my dad got mad when i was listening to Shaheedi Immortalitly until he actually heard the words. and i believe that the Shaheedi Immortality production people put those tunes in the background because they know that the youth of today who live outside of india enjoy the hip hopish tunes. so they wanted us to enjoy the sikhi. :)

anywhooo...thats what i think. sorry if i offended anyone. respect.gif

Hip Hop sucks?

Hear this song called

Nas - One Mic

and watch the video.

I can provide links to both...from watching the video and hearing the song....tell me you can not see DIRECT parallels with the Sikhs in India.

121940[/snapback]

can you provide links please. thanx ji.

122030[/snapback]

Video + Audio = http://a1460.v138711.c13871.g.vr.akamaistr...usfCrywkeE8xg8f

RealPlayer needed.

Let's break down the correlation :

1st Verse - He's obviously rapping about the trouble cops give Black people jus because their black...how they cant drive around the city safely.

Kind of reminds me of Sikhs who go to the Cities are treated like trash. The trouble we go thru just because we rock Pughs. But, never give up...its their identity, and they wont rest until all of their brothers are home....Kind of like you never want to give up the Sikh identity...and you want all those Sikhs in jail to come home.

Cops arrest us for no reason at all, and chase us around.

2nd Verse - 1984. Miniority versus a "stronger, organized Power". Should explaine nough.

All you need is One Mic to speak your mind.

I used to dream of making a video like this...but depicting Sikhs instead.

Multiple other songs by Nasir Jones that have strong correlations with how Sikhs are raised in India.

It's all about consciousness =)

I got the .mp3 if you want it too