Is It Everybody's Cup Of Tea?

DivineJourney

I was juss wondering if the state the gurubani/sikhi talks of is Possible..can EVERYBODY be enlightened/Brhyamgani/ reach to param pad/state of Supreme Bliss, Ananad... there are numerous diff ways that this state is told in Gurbani/Religion

wats sangats view on this...can Everybody achieve that supreme state of bliss which gurubani is time n agiain...over and ove agian...talking about...

IS IT EVERYBODY'S CUP OF TEA ??????? wats the way out????

it realy depends on one karam, but we cant just sit here and say "hai hai merai karam are really bad, thats why i cant do paath"

there are two types of karam

1) Udham

2) Sancham

Udham Karam is basically your karam, in which you actually work towards your goal. and as the old saying goes "dont look back, look at the track" no matter what happens, you just have to keep going foreward. this is the karam maharaj talks about, if you set your mind to it, then you can become a sachkhand nivasi.

there are many examples, like kodha beel the cannibal and sajjan thag who both did very bad deeds but became good. even emperor babbar did the same mistake and repented. but take one step to god, ad he will take millions to welcome you. the gurus darbar is open for all, regardless of caste and if you actually set your mind to something then one can become a gurmukh...liberated in this jeevan by keeping with gursikh rehat etc etc and at the same time applying your life in todays modern century and of course remain down to earth and do what others do.

sancham is past life.

the karam maharaj talks about is udham. because your actually making an effort. and anyone can be rich, anyone can be the worlds famous, most gorgeous, most...you get what i mean, only if they set their mind to it.

if your going to be a doctor, how can you be one if you have no dhian to this side, if you dont work for what you get, then all hope is lost for one.

with your dhian, comes gian, because you gain knowledge of things if your dhian is set to it. and the gian you gain here is actually knowing that the important meaning of life is to merge with maharaj and keeping intact what the gurus said, but yet at the same time actually understanding and learning to evolve with the times, then one can be liberated.

gustaphi maaf

A Brahm Gyani is purely defined by their quality/traits, not their physical being. A Brahm Gyani lives in this material world, but remains unattached from it. The Brahm gyani is not swayed by any sins or vices. He views everyone equally. He has a very large heart. He is not capable of uttering a threat, causing any harm, or hurting anyone. A Brahm Gyani is equal and sympathetic to all. Reaching the level of a Brahm Gyani is not easy. Why? Because the most precious thing in a person’s life that he has the greatest difficulty letting go of is his own existence, his sense of Me; his own individual identity which he feels defines him and he relates with. His Ego. In order for this to happen, we have to make the effort to read, understand, reflect and incorporate the teachings of Gurbani into our everyday life.

(I have posted an article about ego. Once we are able to let go of our egos, sense of self, it will become easier to implement Gurbani into our lives. Our lives will become beautiful.)

A recommendation is to read Sukhmani Sahib Ashtapadee 8. This Ashtapadee talks about what quality/traits/gunn a Brahm Gyani has.

min swcw muiK swcw soie ]

The True One is on his mind, and the True One is upon his lips.

Avru n pyKY eyksu ibnu koie ]

He sees only the One.

nwnk ieh lCx bRhm igAwnI hoie ]1]

O Nanak, these are the qualities of the God-conscious being.

Guru ji says that one in crores achieve that state.

who conquers his sexual instincts and is free of the five sinful passions

indree jit panch dokh tay rahat.

- O Nanak, among millions, there is scarcely one such `touch-nothing Saint`. ||1||

naanak kot maDhay ko aisaa apras. ||1||

But we should keep trying. One should not leave naam japna as its a panacea.

I found the follwoing story inspiring:

http://www.davedavies.com/splanet/raja.htm

There was a great god-sage called Narada. Just as there are sages among mankind, great Yogis, so there are great Yogis among the gods. Narada was a good Yogi, and very great. He travelled everywhere. One day he was passing through a forest, and saw a man who had been meditating until the white ants had built a huge mound round his body - so long had he been sitting in that position. He said to Narada, "Where are you going?" Narada replied, "I am going to heaven." "Then ask God when He will be merciful to me ; when I shall attain freedom." Further on Narada saw another man. He was jumping about, singing, dancing, and said, "Oh, Narada, where are you going?" His voice and his gestures were wild. Narada said, "I am going to heaven." "Then, ask when I shall be free." Narada went on. In the course of time he came again by the same road, and there was the man who had been meditating with the ant-hill round him. He said, "Oh, Narada, did you ask the Lord about me?" "Oh, yes." "What did He say?" "The Lord told me that you would attain freedom in four more births." Then the man began to weep and wail, and said, "I have meditated until an ant-hill has grown around me, and I have four more births yet!" Narada went to the other man. "Did you ask my question ?" "Oh, yes. Do you see this tamarind tree? I have to tell you that as many leaves as there are on that tree, so many times, you shall be born, and then you shall attain freedom." The man began to dance for joy, and said, "I shall have freedom after such a short time!" A voice came, "My child, you will have freedom this minute." That was the reward for his perseverance. He was ready to work through all those births, nothing discouraged him. But the first man felt that even four more births were too long. Only perseverance, like that of the man who was willing to wait aeons brings about the highest result.

The potential exists in every human, few realize this potential and make efforts to acheive it but even fewer ever reach it.

121514[/snapback]

How can one make an effort atleast then?..

Wat kinda 'Effort' can it be?

wat can be the motivational factor behind this...?

how can one be motivated?

Wat are Do's and Dont's for this??

do ardaas and ask for the greatest thing you can ask for "sikhi di daat"...cause "SIkhi" basically covers everything.

-you do ardaas

-you keep doing ardaaas

-God will test your devotion-you will progress or spend some more time depending on the outsome

-journey continues

-you get a feeling to go to gurdwara

-you start going once or twice a week

-more time passes

-you meet a gursikh one day who gives you advice of doing some seva

-you start doing some dish washing at the gurdwara

-more stuff keeps happening

-you keep picking up little gems of sikhi

basically you slowly keep progressing...main thing being that it's in your heart to reach Guruji...might come sooner than later.

just one possible route amongst many....all with maharaj's kirpa ofcourse....we fools don't even have power to do ardaas..lol.

I agree with Jai Tegang. To reach the state of bliss will not happen overnight. It will take time and devotion. A doctor does not get a degree unless he works hard to attain it, and the same applies to reach the state of bliss, through Gurbani.

There is a constant battle going on inside of our bodies between the soul (inner self) and the body (outer world). What is the fighting over? The mind. They both want control over the mind. This battle is continuous day and night. The mind sways back and forth, not knowing which direction to go.

Our goal should be to make the mind always focused on the soul. But now how do you do this? You have to convince your mind to remember God and explain:

suix mn BUly bwvry gur kI crxI lwgu]

Listen, O deluded and demented mind: hold tight to the Guru's Feet.

If you remember God then:

hir jip nwmu iDAwie qU jmu frpY duK Bwgu ]

Chant and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord; death will be afraid of you, and suffering shall depart.

But if you do not remember him, then how one feels when a husband and wife are separated, the mind will feel the same pain of separation from God.

dUKu Gxo dohwgxI ikau iQru rhY suhwgu ]1]

The deserted wife suffers terrible pain. How can her Husband Lord remain with her forever?

The Guru, through Gurbani, is the one who gives us the gift of God’s Name and the Guru is the one who can help us in winning this battle with the mind. The Guru gives us the guidance required to make the mind always turn towards the soul. Guru Ji also explains to us that all these practices, such as yoga, vows of silence, hunger strikes, and bathing at sacred shrines will not clean your mind. This mind can only be cleaned through the guidance of the true Guru:

iesu mn kau horu sMjmu ko nwhI ivxu siqgur kI srxwie ]

This mind is not controlled by any other discipline, except the Sanctuary of the True Guru.

Once you meet the true Guru you will be transformed. Your mind will no longer go towards the outside, instead it will always stay towards the soul.

sqguir imilAY aultI BeI khxw ikCU n jwie ]

Meeting the True Guru, one is transformed beyond description.

However, your mind will only change if after meeting the true Guru you destroy your own entire ego.

mmqw kI mlu auqrY iehu mnu hCw hoie ]

The filth of his attachment and possessiveness shall depart, and his mind shall become pure.

Bxiq nwnku siqgur kau imldo mrY gur kY sbid iPir jIvY koie ]

Prays Nanak, one who dies upon meeting the True Guru, shall be rejuvenated through the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

So, remember through Gurbani, is the only way to reach this state of Brahm Gyani. It is difficult. Since when did anything come easy in life. Control your mind, destroy your ego.

The potential exists in every human, few realize this potential and make efforts to acheive it but even fewer ever reach it.

121514[/snapback]

How can one make an effort atleast then?..

Wat kinda 'Effort' can it be?

wat can be the motivational factor behind this...?

how can one be motivated?

Wat are Do's and Dont's for this??

121633[/snapback]

Jai Tegang answered it very nicely.

It has much to do with your Thirst. If you Thrist for water then you make the necessary effort to quinch your thirst. Now on the same note, do you Thirst for God? That thrist will be the force of your efforts and motivation.