Who will be attending the Chicago AKJ Ren Sabahee?

akjforever

Nice posts everyone, but I was surprised that the list of kirtanees cut by the admins in my post. How is it so wrong to post the kirtanees names that it was cut from the post? I think that even if the kirtanees names are posted, it isn't as if people won't go to the ren sabahee because a certain kirtanee is or isn't coming.

Just my 2 cents. rolleyes.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest SikhForLife

i think the names should be censored...............................

personally i dont like when ppl put one Gursikh over the other.... there voices... tunes.. its all materialistic.. the real thing is the bani they sing... and anyone can sing that.. it should have the same affect..... cuz u have to understand the meaning to get the "Rus"

hehe see this is where i get lucky... I don't know any kirtania and their style (except one or two) cauz i see all of as same way (equal and stuff).. so whenever i hear thats there gonna be a raenshabaeyyy/samagam.. i never think about who's coming or who's not.. :umm:

me think the same way as vikcy does. someone tells me theres gona be kirtan ...i get so excited(with guru shaib jis grace ofcourse..u can't like Gurbani/kirtan if he doesn't do kirpa on u) B)

i didnt knwo peopel had discusionz ova this(????)

Writing the names of kirtanees on a kirtan poster doesn't mean that anyone is idolising the kirtanees. It's just general info, that's all. Like I wrote before:

I think that even if the kirtanees names are posted, it isn't as if people won't go to the ren sabahee because a certain kirtanee is or isn't coming.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I don't agree wid putting names of people doing keertan...

It's the bani that counts.. right jiis'??..

and i'm not a ragi but still.. maybe they would feel discouraged .. if they're taking part in doing keertan and the poster is only givin out one big ragi's name...u are putting one gurmukh over another... :umm: ... so from perspective... all that should be said on these keertan darbar poster is "KEERTAN DARABAR.. TAKING PLACE... BE THERE!!"

ya'll say it don't matter peple will still come if you write the name of a person who will do kirtan or not. But you get upset when the name is removed??? So it does matter?? or it doesn't matter.

all tha should matter is the date and the time of when the Congression will be held nothing more. It all become advertisement. Let those who want to come, be there for the Sangat and Gurbani itself not a specific person who does kirtan.

When you begin to name people who will be there for the kirtan, it becomes a popularity issue.