Waheguru

tkkookar

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehh

many times this question has raised in my mind .. and the question

guru mantra is "waheguru" .. how come it is not raam, or har .. cuz raam and har or hari repeated many times in guru granth sahib ji ..

n e one ?

bhul chuk maafi..

please my intention is not hurt any one but to learn ..

Good question.. How about asking it from dharam raj when our time comes up ? Do you know the mean of "WaheGuru" ? You can say any name as you like.. all comes where your mind is attached, but keeping in mind "waheguru" naam is give by panj piyaray and our guru sahiban and we should not question it..

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji Ki Fateh!

Now, i think, the jogis use "onkar" to meditate on not "on" Sikhs are given the full moolmanter not just ik onkar as to meditate just on "ik onkar" is quite powerful hence why it shouldnt be attempted.

117742[/snapback]

thanks 4 the info... but with those kinda statements... its kinda tempting for moorakhs lyk me 2 try dat out! blush.gif lol :doh:

anyway Omn, as mentioned above means 1 almighty. thats 1 gun (compliment kinda thing) but we all know, that we can praise Him soo amny times. With so many words/names. THis is why Our Guru gave us 1 word: WAHGURU. its not jsut 1 praise, its ALL of them combineed into 1.

u r sooo amazed at His creation, so many words to express it.. u can only say WOW. WAH WAH! thats how u express ur amazement of How He is.

Guru means Teacher. So its WAH + GURU. U r wowing at ur true teacher. WAH WAH!! UR CREATION IS SOO BEAUTIFUL. WAHH!! UR SOO AMAZINGG :doh:

And on top of dat, in Bhai Gudas Ji's Writings, it is said that it took 36 AGES to produce the name WAHEGURU. 9 ages per letter (WA + HE + GU + RU). Now how amazing is that fact by itself?! :doh: Just His Name is so amazing.

So the WORD WAHEGURU is so amazing, imagine the Owner of that name!!! WOW.

In conclusion, i beleve that Waheguru is the best to do Simran on, coz then ur meditatin on everyhting about him.. its powerful enough to give u mukti. The whole Guru Granth Sahib is based around the NAAm. wot is this naam? WAHEGURU.

Hope i answered ur questoin :) Forgive me for spelling mistakes (too used 2 msn rolleyes.gif ) and if i added summign untrue, thats my manmukh mind, n if there is truth in the writing, that is from the Guru's mouth :TH:

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji KI FATEHHH!!!

117765[/snapback]

here u go :doh: Just change some words around to suite ur topic

I heard in katha that Waheguru comes from the four words that

described God for the 4 Jugs/ages

Wa - Wasudev

He - Har

Gu - Gobind

Ru - Ram

Waheguru is the most powerful Mantar, Bhai Gurdas Jee says

Waheguru Gur Mantar Hai Jap Haumai Khoi

:) :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

This Shabad is by Bhatt Gayandh in Svaiyay Mehl 5 on Pannaa 1402

vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU vwih jIau ]

vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||

Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o.

kvl nYn mDur bYn koit sYn sMg soB khq mw jsod ijsih dhI Bwqu Kwih jIau ]

kaval nain madhhur bain kott sain sa(n)g sobh kehath maa jasodh jisehi dhehee bhaath khaahi jeeo ||

You are lotus-eyed, with sweet speech, exalted and embellished with millions of companions. Mother Yashoda invited You as Krishna to eat the sweet rice.

dyiK rUpu Aiq AnUpu moh mhw mg BeI ikMknI sbd Jnqkwr Kylu pwih jIau ]

dhaekh roop ath anoop moh mehaa mag bhee ki(n)kanee sabadh jhanathakaar khael paahi jeeo ||

Gazing upon Your supremely beautiful form, and hearing the musical sounds of Your silver bells tinkling, she was intoxicated with delight.

kwl klm hukmu hwiQ khhu kaunu myit skY eIsu bMm´ü g´wnu D´wnu Drq hIAY cwih jIau ]

kaal kalam hukam haathh kehahu koun maett sakai ees ba(n)mya gyaan dhhyaan dhharath heeai chaahi jeeo ||

Death's pen and command are in Your hands. Tell me, who can erase it? Shiva and Brahma yearn to enshrine Your spiritual wisdom in their hearts.

siq swcu sRI invwsu Awid purKu sdw quhI vwihgurU vwihgurU vwihgurU vwih jIau ]1]6]

sath saach sree nivaas aadh purakh sadhaa thuhee vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahiguroo vaahi jeeo ||1||6||

You are forever True, the Home of Excellence, the Primal Supreme Being. Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Guru, Waahay Jee-o. ||1||6||

:) :doh:

I've also felt that Waheguru is directly in terms of how a Sikh should see God.

God is nameless and formless so rather than assiging a name, we say Waheguru (Wonderful Lord/God)

Since Waheguru is not a name but rather a praise, we praise Him everytime we repeat Waheguru rather than just chant His name..

Regards

Gursharan Singh