AKJ Kirtanis

Vir Singh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur

oh not another argument. :umm: :'( oh gosh why cant we live in peace and harmony??? ..all this quarrelling and bickering .... i agree keertanees shouldn't be given superstar status cuz their human...but then again did the keertanees ask for this status??? it's the people/sangat who make them this way. so if ya'll wanna bash anyone go bash the sangat and leave the poor keertanee alone. tongue.gif Give them a break. on the other hand,however, virsingh is also right by saying that how sure are we that such keertanees stick to the rehat?? we don't install surveillance cameras behind the scenes to see what they are upto in their daily lives outside of smaagams......and we don't have the right to do so...hmm as such we don't really know whether their really sticking to the rehat or putting up a front. what we see is what we get nowadays....and i daren't trust what i see cuz there's always two sides to a coin. both sides(akjforever and virsingh) have their valid views which does make sense to a certain extent if we think about it...so im not taking anyone's side here. No disrespect to any gursikh was intended so please don't take offense at my words.

Ghulam Singh, what has the Raagmala or Keski issue have to do with this entire thread? These two issues, especially the former are best left alone. As far as blaming AKJ for groupism, then why only target AKJ for this? Taksal is as responsible for groupism within the Panth as AKJ is. Personally I don’t believe in groupism, especially where the group is under the authority of a Sadh/Sant rather then the Panj Pyaras. Although I may not agree with some practices of the AKJ, but they are far better then any other group out there... that i have to admit.

I agree with bhenji balwinder kaur.. enough of all this arguements.. those keertanis never ask for this much of fame.. and i myself wouldnt know and dun care less wut they do in their private life.. no1 is perfect jz remember dat.. if any1 is then da person can be equivalent to god.. if they have double personality i think there's sum1 who is much superior than us who will deal with them when the time comes.. stop finding faults in others.. jz take the good things and set the negative things aside..

J Kaur, and Balwinder Kaur, I am NOT blaming Kirtanis for there superstar status. I blame the people who give them the superstar status. What need is there to make a superstar out of a person who does not follow AKJ rehet to the fullest? Bhai Randhir Singh Jee would not have done this had he been alive today. Read his books, he only writes about Gursikhs who have had great rehetwaan Jeevans, because in the end that is all that counts. Similarly when I see the AKJ youth making kirtanis into superstars, it really gets to me. What is so special about a kirtani who does not get up everyday during Amritvela? Does that person really deserve superstardom? While the real rehetwaan Singhs of Babeksar/Malialwalay etc are never called to come in the west to perform kirtan. It’s these guys who deserve the superstardom. We are giving superstardom for all the wrong reasons. It’s the rehet of the kirtani that is important, not his/her singing skills.

Guest balwinderkaur

dear vir singh veerjee,, plz dont get me wrong...i'm not saying you're blaming keertanees...im juz explaining the general situation WHY these keertanees start out from humble beginnings and end up being superstars....it's all cuz of the ppl who listen to em and mistakenly put em on a pedestal juz cuz they do nice hot keertan. plz re-read my post and bhainjee jkaur's......

and yes it gets to me sooooooooo bad when i see keertanees being put on a pedestal...i mean juz respect em for who they are and the keertan they do for bringing u close to Gurujee...dont idolise them