Sikhs In The Square

rKr

Does ne1 know what time the coaches will be leaving from smethwick?? and what time they wil return??

Also, is there only ONE coach goin? because im sure they had more for the june hyde park rally and even then every1 just about made it to go, unless im mistaken and theres more goin or somethin....i know the youth down there try their best with everything though (.....and theres no words to describe how much the "commitee" do and the effort they put into panthic events - wow - too much - not) LOL.gif

WJKK WJKF!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paji- the Gurughar President has approved one coach to take the sangat from Smethwick. I repeatedly advised him about how much sangat there will be from South Birmingham also wishing to go via Smethwick let alone local sangat but he has not changed his stance. So i've asked Tividale Gurughar to take their minibus via Smethwick as well and hope that the President learns from the experience of June and this coming Sunday rolleyes.gif

If you believe there should be more coaches booked (I did ask earlier for other youth to ring/approach the President) there is still time to book more if you politely request for them to do so- the Gurughar phone number is 0121 558 2527

My advice for Sunday - be there 9.30am SHARP

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh pray.gif

I wish to encourage and a big thanks to all the fantastic sevadaars , who have been taken the courage to organise this event.

They have done a marvellous seva.

cruel de sahmane cruel kehen di himmat nahin hai sade vich.

I do not know the sevadaars of this organisation. but they are excellent . Excellent work all round. It's been one challenge since 21 years and they have done it with humility and dedication.

This event is the first of it's particular kind;

the least most of the UK sangat can do is to turn up and show their support for this important anniversary.!

Let us unite and say in trafelger square INJUSTICE IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS MODERN WORLD.

SIKHI VICH VI INJUSTICE DI KOI JAGAH NAHIN HAI.

assin ardaas karde haan aap sab chardi kala vich raho.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh d_oh.gif

Paji- the Gurughar President has approved one coach to take the sangat from Smethwick. I repeatedly advised him about how much sangat there will be from South Birmingham also wishing to go via Smethwick let alone local sangat but he has not changed his stance. So i've asked Tividale Gurughar to take their minibus via Smethwick as well and hope that the President learns from the experience of June and this coming Sunday  rolleyes.gif

If you believe there should be more coaches booked (I did ask earlier for other youth to ring/approach the President) there is still time to book more if you politely request for them to do so- the Gurughar phone number is 0121 558 2527

My advice for Sunday - be there 9.30am SHARP

130745[/snapback]

Just phoned Paaji, and will get others I know to as well, the guy said that he will speak to the president about it - so lets see what happens lol.

Neways, out of interest, how much can it possibly cost to do a coach to london roughly?? I've always wondered why the Gurdwara commitee is so fussy about! Afterall, it is at these kind of events where the Gurdwara's should spend some of the sangats money!!! Yeh - does ne1 know the cost per coach roughly, jus wondering lol

o and sorry for going a bit off the topic lol

WJKK WJKF!!!

Neways, out of interest, how much can it possibly cost to do a coach to london roughly?? I've always wondered why the Gurdwara commitee is so fussy about! Afterall, it is at these kind of events where the Gurdwara's should spend some of the sangats money!!! Yeh - does ne1 know the cost per coach roughly, jus wondering lol

WJKK WJKF!!!

130762[/snapback]

This is an interesting question. For Gravesend the cost has been estimated at £700 for 2 coaches. So I guess further away like Brum, Leeds etc will be more. I'm not sure if the Gravesend quote is top-end or low-end so hard to make any real judgements.

However a lot of this has to do with committee's not seeing the wood for the trees. They have their proverbials so far up their proverbial (excuse my language) that they see no merit in supporting such valuable programmes. There are honourable exceptions mind you.

However, we will all need to try and tackle this for the future and one way to do that is to convince them of how vital such programmes are; of how it gets youngsters involved and to convince them that getting youngsters involved is essential. If we can show them how sucessful such events are then that will also help. That might help move the mountain just a little. Heck they might even come along themselves if they think cameras are going to be present!

Actually that's it - just tell them that they will be on camera and the Tinter Net and they will turn up!

GurFateh

Only another day to go.. then it's here - or you're there!!!)

Hope to see as many people as possible in London on Sunday!

Did we mention, there are some EXCLUSIVE t-shirts that have been made for the day... Can't wait to wear mine! :lol:

Also.. listen out on YSFM on 87.7fm or at http://www.Punjab2000.co.uk or http://www.panjabiacademy.com/leicester/radio.htm

tonight as we will be discussing the event live...

What are your thoughts?

Give us a call...

Did we mention, there are some EXCLUSIVE t-shirts that have been made for the day... Can't wait to wear mine! :lol:

131061[/snapback]

Are there any hoodies aswell?? if so, have they got zippers?? - gotta makesure dastaars extra tight if i have to change hoodies LOL.gif

cant wait though - ONE more day left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WJKK WJKF!!!