Benefit

Frost

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i needed a bit of help.............some Muslim person who doesnt know much about Sikhism and believes Islam is the best asked me a question which i realy need help on answerin!

If all religions lead to God then what are the benefits of being Sikh?

It would be great if i can get help on that one

put it in real life terms i.e. all uni's provide degress so whats the difference between oxford/cambridge,

all religions do not elad to god

128555[/snapback]

you just contradicted you rown statement, first you provided an example where one may graduate from either oxford or cambridge, then you say can't???

did i miss somethign?

i needed a bit of help.............some Muslim person who doesnt know much about Sikhism and believes Islam is the best asked me a question which i realy need help on answerin!

128545[/snapback]

Personal Opinion:

Don't Compare Religions because you will always find differences which lead to division rather than oneness. Far most these differences are to be respected. Everyone is unique in their practice, but not everyone follows it correctly or understand the true nature of the practice. So who then has the right to differentiate between what is the right practice and what isn't. No other than the one who has that eye which can see the truth behind the practices.

Tell him there is no need to compare 2 paths. Most such comparisons, not all stem from the need to dominate the other. We compare to find faults in the other, to find contradiction which we can use as a aresenal to defeat the other person's beliefs. It is a game of defeating the other in order to make our religion look greater or superior than the others. Look at him not as a muslim, rather a manukh, a human....then tell him that is the benefit of being a Sikh...I see you not as a Muslim, but as a fellow human, as a fellow brother of humanity, not by the lables you have gathered in this lifetime and because that same divine joat which resides within me is also within you. That alone is what connects us to each other and the Divine Joat, the source of the universe.

That is what I'd say to him.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I would just like to say always keep faith in Waheguru, coz everything in Sikhi makes sense but sometimes its hard for us to see any explanation, but to find an answer to everything i think you need to concentrate (listen) on Gurbani, the Gurus word, and you will find answers to everything there.

(LOL- i think thats how i found this answer too)

But im going o copy n paste from another topic i made before on this issue:

So back to the question why stay a Sikh?

1) I would for starters change the question around and say why not stay a Sikh? (As Sikhi is also the ultimate truth of reality too)

2) Secondly, God made me born into a Sikh family, indicating that he wants me to be a sikh (maybe that why parents have to bring thier children up in Gurmat).

N talking about the muslim person if he dont understand that still (the second reason) then best way to explain to him if Allah wanted you to be a muslim then Allah would of made you a muslim.

N my final and most important reason:

3rdly think of religion as a apple, you can get various apples Red, green etc.

But if both apples have the same nutritional value, both got the same shape, then why chose one in particualr, why not just eat both of them?

The answer is because you find one of them tastes better than other, just like that Sikhi tastes good to me than the rest of the apples (religions), so why convert?

(by the way when i talked about apples i mean both do the same good for you (provide you the same nutrition, vitimans etc) except both look differnt in colour (think of the colour as the roop of the faith, ie Sikhs (Khalsa turbin,beard ect) look different to muslims (they usually dont have a mustache with a beard) but the apple that they eat (ie food for your soul, ie religon, is good as each others)

Hope that helps. P.s hope i never answered too late.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

128545[/snapback]

Tell him about the

Earthquake%20Poster.jpg

no offence !

The above post just went over my head. :) @

Anyways, he asked you that question to differentiate from being a Sikh and a Muslim, by finding out the benefits of being a Sikh, he will tell you that being a Muslim there are similar benefits but he will also add one or two more. He is comparing the two religions, but is also asking if both religions goto God then whats the benefit of being a Sikh. The question looks simple, but its complex.

I have spoken with many muslims, one thing that comes across is that they are strung to their beleifs preached in the Quran (personal experience). Look at what path will take you to God first, if doing your routine namaaz will then thats your beleif, but if you beleive that its something else then you have to discover it.

Think of yourself as not a muslim/sikh/hindu/christian, think of yourself as a soul and discover your true identity, become a soul-seeker.