Parents & Swearing

Guest _simran_

95%.. and tehy still call u stupid...  :doh: @

i'm srry but ur parents are screwed.. messed up...  :)

129838[/snapback]

well let's not say messed up..my dad HATES marks under 95% (in fact he says "why would you get less than 100%? you obviously didnt study hard enough.) and my mom doesnt like anything under 90%...so i can see where you're coming from...

its ok bhen ji. just dont take it so hard... i know that its easy to say this, but hard to do..but trust me....i know how your parents are.

do this:

whenever your parents say something, dont argue, dont say something as if youre annoyed, and dont just stare at them,a dont just look somewhere else...its complicated...and heres why:

im sure this happens with you too: ....

when your parents are talking to you and you dont look at them, they'll probably say "Im talking to you! so look at me!" and if theyre talking to and you look at them, they'll prbably say "Look at the way youre staring at me!"

this is what i get from my mom all the time...she calls me names and stuff...she says a lot of stuff...she goes too far sometimes by saying things like "Why did God have to give me such a gril?! Why did I get her?!"

if this is also what you get, then i know how you feel...and im sorry...just tell me your age...then i'll see how i can help you penji.

keep smiling penji!

luv ya lots! mwah!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my experience. My mom has the worst temper in the world. because of it I used to be depressed all the time, I'd go to bed crying, I wouldn't be able to concentrate in school. Now I realise that things weren't nearly bad enough for me to feel so sorry for myself and I feel like I was so ungrateful. Now i try not to let her yelling get to me. It's hard at first, but when you look at things from a different perspective it gets easier. I realise that my mom is really stressed out so I shouldn't argue with her and make things even tougher for her. I realise that there are people out there without moms and I know I couldn't live without mine. I realise that there are situations that are ten times worse and I am SOO lucky I'm not in, and because of that I don't let myself cry anymore because I don't want to be ungrateful.

Bhenji, you're strong, and I admire you for that. I'm sure you love your mom - let that give you patience and strength for the times that she has her angry moments. And ARDAAS and SIMRAN is what is REALLY GOING TO GET YOU THROUGH THOSE TOUGH TIMES - so keep on naam jaaping, sister, and let Waheguru worry about all your problems!!!

That's all I have to say. I hope things look up for you, best of luck,

-paneet. pray.gif

Here's my experience. My mom has the worst temper in the world. because of it I used to be depressed all the time, I'd go to bed crying, I wouldn't be able to concentrate in school. Now I realise that things weren't nearly bad enough for me to feel so sorry for myself and I feel like I was so ungrateful. Now i try not to let her yelling get to me. It's hard at first, but when you look at things from a different perspective it gets easier. I realise that my mom is really stressed out so I shouldn't argue with her and make things even tougher for her. I realise that there are people out there without moms and I know I couldn't live without mine. I realise that there are situations that are ten times worse and I am SOO lucky I'm not in, and because of that I don't let myself cry anymore because I don't want to be ungrateful.

Bhenji, you're strong, and I admire you for that. I'm sure you love your mom - let that give you patience and strength for the times that she has her angry moments. And ARDAAS and SIMRAN is what is REALLY GOING TO GET YOU THROUGH THOSE TOUGH TIMES - so keep on naam jaaping, sister, and let Waheguru worry about all your problems!!!

That's all I have to say. I hope things look up for you, best of luck,

-paneet. pray.gif

ohbhenji i wouldnt get stressed u going thru . u know at school ur going thru that phase where u sometimes wander if u mum even loves u cos she getting so stressed but then u realise once u grow older that nah its cos she wants u to be the best.

talk to the woman !

dont worry bout it....

panji what i would say is.. study for a while in front of ur mum ji, if thats what she wants to see before you do kirtan or go one line. My mum ji still have problem with me when i come online while she is home. well "problem" is a too strong of a word...but she jus kinda gets anoyyed. i would too if someone would go online while im in the house and doing all the things.

the thing with my mum ji and dad ji was that they didn't know much about compuers, or what i was doing on computer.

and our media has done a great deal to make parennts aware of the bad/wrong things about computers/internt!

well now they dont because i took my time to explain it to thm what i do online and how it all works(was like 4 yrs ago..)

parents jus want to protect us, and they dont want us to be in a bad situation or get hurt.

thats why i usually try to make them aware of all the things that they dont know bout...they look after me so i think its my duty as well to keep my parents away from angry thoughts and do my best to not let them conclude things on their on and yell at me for things they dotn understand.

Idont know if im making any sense..

but jus try to look at things from their prespective, and ask your self what would you do if you had a child like you ur self?

Dont ever forget to give a hug to your mum and dad ji each day.

(edited)

sorry for such a long messge and my person BS.... :) but hope it helps!

...so forgve me for mistekaes and some sense lessstuff

My dad gets annoyed at me.. even if i DO get A's and B's nin my work. I dont tend to show them my report now.. they not too bothered coz they dont expect much... lol.. i mean they know im clever :umm: btu even THEN, hen he sees me on sikhsangat.com.. he doesnt know abt the net, so all he sees is SS nes scrolling ont he side and he ses: is dat all u do?! jsut read news?!? im lyk hmm lol :lol:

laff it all off :TH: dats my solution.

My dad gets annoyed at me.. even if i DO get A's and B's nin my work. I dont tend to show them my report now.. they not too bothered coz they dont expect much... lol.. i mean they know im clever :umm: btu even THEN, hen he sees me on sikhsangat.com.. he doesnt know abt the net, so all he sees is SS nes scrolling ont he side and he ses: is dat all u do?! jsut read news?!? im lyk hmm lol :lol:

laff it all off :TH: dats my solution.

130348[/snapback]

lol....Paji @ least ur rents kno u r cleva. I got lyk A's 4 my GCSE's & my dad sed 2 me wheres the * (STAR)?....i woz lyk ohmy.gif , then in my A Level Maths test, u no the end ov topik tests n stuff i got 96% wich woz obviously an A my dad goes wat hapend 2 the other 4%........ :@ @ :umm: wacko.gif