Why Are You Wasting Your Life!

MandipSingh

mnmuK jnmu gieAw hY ibrQw AMiq gieAw pCuqwvixAw ]6]

manamukh janam gaeiaa hai birathhaa a(n)th gaeiaa pashhuthaavaniaa ||6||

The lives of the self-willed manmukhs are useless; in the end, they die, regretting and repenting. ||6||

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh

Dear Guru roop sangat ji, (My second post, lol)

Another happening I want to share with you guys. This one is something that I realised today, and the above Tuk of bani from Guru Amar Das Ji, really says it all.

Every tuesday I am at a GP Surgery for teaching and seeing patients (Im studying Medicine). Today I saw this guy (gora) in his fourties, and he was an alcoholic. I did the usual, took history and examined him etc.... He drinks over 2 and a half bottles of whisky a day (That is alot). The rate he is going he will prob be dead soon. It was soo sad to see this, as i spoke to him i felt alot of bairaag, i felt his pain also, he spoke of his problems, of his worries, and that without the drink he would die. I really understood what he was talking about, he was talking from his heart, he was slightly drunk, but said to me he behaved today becasue he was comming to see me so he only had 4 cans of beer in the morning!

this guy is soo addicted that he NEEDS the alcohol to survive, he has neglected his family etc... (i wont go into details), and the only person he cared about was himself, or the fact that he needed alcohol. I thought to myself, 'waheguru' this is the piyaar, the longing that a person should have for GOD, not sharab. Its sad to see how the panj chor (5 thieves) an totally take over a person. This guy was really nice to talk to etc..., and he was well aware of the problems he had and the xonsequences of them to his health and to others around him, but he looked me in the eyes and said, honestly, that he could mever stop until the day he dies. This really hit the spot, I was just speechless, i even tried talking to him in an unpofessional way, like a friend, just saying things like what are you doing, think of your wife, your kids etc... But to no response......

its amazing, we can do nothing, all is in his hukam.

Its sad to see though,

just think sangat ji this is the scenario with alot of punjabi people, esp sikhs, lets try helping them, talking to them etc....

ALSO just appreciate what we have, even the air we get to breathe, the food, the two legs, we have etc.... WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

The very fact that we even get a chance to think about GOD, and have darshan of guru ji is next level, its sooooooooooooo amazing.

There are poeple in this world who are just lost, truely lost.

May Guru ji bless the world, its such a sad place, kaljug is in full force, thats why 'we' the Khalsa, Guru Gobind Singh Jis Army must be tyaar par tyaar, ever ready to GIVE

Waheguru ji!!!!!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh

Mandip Singh

mnmuK mugDu hir nwmu n cyqY ibrQw jnmu gvwieAw ]

manamukh mugadhh har naam n chaethai birathhaa janam gavaaeiaa ||

The foolish self-willed manmukh does not remember the Lord's Name; he wastes away his life in vain.

siqguru Byty qw nwau pwey haumY mohu cukwieAw ]3]

sathigur bhaettae thaa naao paaeae houmai mohu chukaaeiaa ||3

But when he meets the True Guru, then he obtains the Name; he sheds egotism and emotional attachment. ||3||

pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

ALSO just appreciate what we have, even the air we get to breathe, the food, the two legs, we have etc.... WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

THIS IS CALLED BEING GRATEFUL....i wish everybody cud be as greatful as paji...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The very fact that we even get a chance to think about GOD, and have darshan of guru ji is next level, its sooooooooooooo amazing.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Another great post - good point Jee - we so lucky to be Guroo's Sikhs. Must have some "chungae karam" from past Janams. Thank you Guroo Jee for accepting us.

Wahegurooooo

mnmuK jnmu gieAw hY ibrQw AMiq gieAw pCuqwvixAw ]6]

manamukh janam gaeiaa hai birathhaa a(n)th gaeiaa pashhuthaavaniaa ||6||

The lives of the self-willed manmukhs are useless; in the end, they die, regretting and repenting. ||6||

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh

Dear Guru roop sangat ji, (My second post, lol)

Another happening I want to share with you guys. This one is something that I realised today, and the above Tuk of bani from Guru Amar Das Ji, really says it all.

Every tuesday I am at a GP Surgery for teaching and seeing patients (Im studying Medicine). Today I saw this guy (gora) in his fourties, and he was an alcoholic. I did the usual, took history and examined him etc.... He drinks over 2 and a half bottles of whisky a day (That is alot). The rate he is going he will prob be dead soon. It was soo sad to see this, as i spoke to him i felt alot of bairaag, i felt his pain also, he spoke of his problems, of his worries, and that without the drink he would die. I really understood what he was talking about, he was talking from his heart, he was slightly drunk, but said to me he behaved today becasue he was comming to see me so he only had 4 cans of beer in the morning!

this guy is soo addicted that he NEEDS the alcohol to survive, he has neglected his family etc... (i wont go into details), and the only person he cared about was himself, or the fact that he needed alcohol. I thought to myself, 'waheguru' this is the piyaar, the longing that a person should have for GOD, not sharab. Its sad to see how the panj chor (5 thieves) an totally take over a person. This guy was really nice to talk to etc..., and he was well aware of the problems he had and the xonsequences of them to his health and to others around him, but he looked me in the eyes and said, honestly, that he could mever stop until the day he dies. This really hit the spot, I was just speechless, i even tried talking to him in an unpofessional way, like a friend, just saying things like what are you doing, think of your wife, your kids etc... But to no response......

its amazing, we can do nothing, all is in his hukam.

Its sad to see though,

just think sangat ji this is the scenario with alot of punjabi people, esp sikhs, lets try helping them, talking to them etc....

ALSO just appreciate what we have, even the air we get to breathe, the food, the two legs, we have etc....    WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

There are poeple in this world who are just lost, truely lost.

May Guru ji bless the world, its such a sad place, kaljug is in full force, thats why 'we' the Khalsa, Guru Gobind Singh Jis Army must be tyaar par tyaar, ever ready to GIVE

Waheguru ji!!!!!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh

Mandip Singh

130334[/snapback]

Brother, I work with Alcoholics in our community in my spare time.

Alcohol is destroying the flower of our youth. It tried to destroy me and killed my Grandfather. Luckily I found our Guru's will.

What I suggest is get in touch with AA, and get some literature from tham and give it to this man. I have been as an external observer to an AA meeting (Open Meeting), and their programme is a spiritual one, very much based on the Sikh principles.

They have a prayer. Its called the Serenety prayer and I must say I like it and it state:

God grant me serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things Ican, and the wisdom to know the difference

Sounds very must like something our 10th master wrote hey! :lol: