What Would You Do If Someone Hit You?

Amrit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papi's explanation of the bani tuk makes a lot of sense, but there is also the example of Guru Amardaas Jee maharaaj....

When He was blessed with Gurgaddi, Guru Angad dev jee's son, Bhai Datu jee was really angry as he felt the Guruship should have been given to him.

One day, he went to where Guru Amardaas Jee was sitting and kicked him. Maharaaj pressed Bhai Datu's feet and said

“I am sorry, I am so old, my hard bones must have hurt you so much!”

And Bhai Datu actually died from disease in his foot because Vaheguru Himself punished him!

Dhan dhan Guru Amardaas jee maharaaj... d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!

PrIdw jo qY mwrin mukIAW iqn@w n mwry GuMim ]

fareedhaa jo thai maaran mukeeaaa(n) thinhaa n maarae ghu(n)m ||

Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.

AwpnVY Gir jweIAY pYr iqn@w dy cuMim ]7]

aapanarrai ghar jaaeeai pair thinhaa dhae chu(n)m ||7||

Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7|| d_oh.gif d_oh.gif d_oh.gif d_oh.gif

this guru bani dont take out contest and miss translate it for your own personal gain.

by this you make it sound like gandhi and guru nanak had the same ideolgy.it stupid to say the least .

gur nanak has given us equity and no one has right to challenge you for no reasons it equality all the way if persons if willing to comit a crime then they should also be able to take their punishment.defend your self by any means you think are reasonable.

PrIdw jo qY mwrin mukIAW iqn@w n mwry GuMim ]

fareedhaa jo thai maaran mukeeaaa(n) thinhaa n maarae ghu(n)m ||

Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.

AwpnVY Gir jweIAY pYr iqn@w dy cuMim ]7]

aapanarrai ghar jaaeeai pair thinhaa dhae chu(n)m ||7||

Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7|| d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Ik ong kar satgur parsad!

Implementing this may be a challenge to the instinct of getting even with the person who hit me.

Well.. i would fist think why i was hit and if i were at fault, silently bear it as punishment and if i am nottttttt... thennnnn.... well i would take hold of that person by his collar and tell him that another time and i forget my manners.. :)

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

but does it mean litteraly kissing of the feet? or something else....... maybe someone should look more deeply into the shabad and what context the shabad is written in....... maybe

Gurfatehji,

In today's context.. i guess *kissing his feet* would mean not to bring that person to dishonor and accept it as a punishment from the lord himself..

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

parwinder singh, u sed "no it is not the way, that is exactly why you do not know the way and others do.......... maybe thats where youve been going wrong?"

where hav i been going wrong? u dont even know me u twat

and that is the way, sum1 challenges u by sloggin u one, u bust them up

god dam fool, i pity u man, n u call urself parwinder SINGH, wat kinda of singh r u? cnt even defend urself ya fake <admin-profanity filter activated> singh.

ye i agree wid fatehgarh singh, parwinder u r a bit of a fish for sayin dat, u actin as if u known fatehgarh 4 ages! lol

but fatehgarh he may hav got into confrontations but didnt fight and ran from it cz he got scared, so thats jus his way of dealing wid it, so dnt dis him bou it, hes jus not a fighter

parwinder singh, u sed "no it is not the way, that is exactly why you do not know the way and others do.......... maybe thats where youve been going wrong?"

where hav i been going wrong? u dont even know me u twat

and that is the way, sum1 challenges u by sloggin u one, u bust them up

god dam fool, i pity u man, n u call urself parwinder SINGH, wat kinda of singh r u? cnt even defend urself ya fake <admin-profanity filter activated> singh.

i bet u aint even bin confronted, n dats y u sayin if sum1 hits u not 2 hit bak

if u were a real fighter at heart, or got into fights, u wud know that wen sum1 hits u, u know its right 2 hit bak, 2 stand up 2 injustice, what ur guru tought u 2 do

dnt makejujments wen u dnt know abou d subject at hand brother

THAT much ego, guru kirpa karey