Sign in to follow this  
Guest singh gupt

The Colour Blue Yes Or No

Guest singh gupt

gur fateh ji

i was at the gurdwara today and i was in my blue banaa(cholaa) and blue dastaar and a singh came up to me and said that sikhs should not wear the colour blue as guru gobind singh ji said theat the khalsa isnt allowed to wear blue, has any 1 got any written evidence that the colour blue can be worn (e.g guru granth saihib ji or other bani or rehatnamas) the singh said that a khalsa should only wear white clothes and not blue

gupt singh ===

Guest _sikh soldier_

khalsa colors are blue white black and orange...

that person doesnt know what they are talking about

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

woah...yeah

that person really doesnt know what he's talking about.

the Khalsa colors are actually

blue, to represent that God lives above us all; The sky is above us all.

kesri, i forgot what it represents, sorry blush.gif

black, to represent "bairaag", which is a term used by Amrit-Dharis, which means sadness because of being away from God. we wish to be with him.

white, to represent the happiness and the purity of the true Gursikh souls, (i think thats what it represents...sorry, im not so sure)

for the ones im not sure about, please ask a Gursikh who knows his/her stuff.

i really hope that helped

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

next time u see him tell him Guru Gobind said you can't wear clothes PERIOD.. and u have to walk around in ur kashera only at all times...

u can wear whatever colours you want... blue.. black.. red... green... purple... baby pink.. whatever floats ur boat..

people say u shouldn't wear green and maroon as they were mogul colours.. but tha's personal choice.. and there's no REHAT that states that.... next time anybody comes up to u and states a ridiculous comment like that... tell him to 'prove it'... then smile.. and walk away..!

i suggest you people take a look at amritpal singh's website...he's done a lot of research into the myth that blue bana is the sikhi bana...and has come up with some interesting conclusions...might require you lot to expand your minds a little though...

i suggest you people take a look at amritpal singh's website...he's done a lot of research into the myth that blue bana is the sikhi bana...and has come up with some interesting conclusions...might require you lot to expand your minds a little though...

134166[/snapback]

umm.... :umm:

the link please......?

:lol:

Guest Guest

Blue bana is the Sikh bana, there are four "khalsa colours" that are best to wear and this is consistent in some rehitnamay and even maryada. Don't follow it if you don't want to, but don't laugh at it either or insult it, because it's mahapursh brahm giani sants that have gotten those bachans from sach khand / akal purakh. They do much more simran than us so we should be quiet. Either way, no , the person who told you that is confused

i was at the gurdwara today and i was in my blue banaa(cholaa) and blue dastaar and a singh came up to me and said that sikhs should not wear the colour blue as guru gobind singh ji said theat the khalsa isnt allowed to wear blue, has any 1 got any written evidence that the colour blue can be worn (e.g guru granth saihib ji or other bani or rehatnamas) the singh said that a khalsa should only wear white clothes and not blue

Holy <admin-profanity filter activated> the topics just get dumb and dumber. Its not some rocket science. If you still need clarification, OFCOURSE YOU CAN WEAR BLUE.

If you are caught up in such misconceptions, ofcourse people will question Sikhism, the modern and scientific religion.

gur fateh ji

gupt singh ===

134125[/snapback]

Now just sit there take a minute, dont listen to NO ONE, and ponder this question yourself, Do you really think God gives a <admin-profanity filter activated> what color clothes you wear?????

gur fateh ji

gupt singh ===

134125[/snapback]

The guy appears to have been a Namdhari, as the views expressed seem to be those that Namdharis hold. I asked a Namdhari about this once, and he told me they believe Guru Gobind Singh Ji called himself the destroyer of those that wear blue ( ie Moghuls ), and hence they make white their coulour of choice.

There is nothing wrong with wearing Blue, but the it is AN ABSOLUTE MYTH that BLUE is THE colour of the Khalsa.

Have a look into Amritpal's website for fuller details on the link provided.

Likewise whilst you're there note the "Arun" clothes of the Sahibzadas and the myths concocted about what actually is acceptable in terms of colour!

Guest _gupt singh_

fateh ji

it wasnt a namdhari who sed that to me it was an amritdhari singh with all white clothes he said guru gobind singh told sikh to wear white and not blue is there any line in bani which tell you about colours?

He is wrong about Guru Gobind Singh, yes did wear white, but also yellow, saffron and other colours.

Blue is not barred or preferred.

But he is correct that Bani does not favour any one colour.