Look Who's In The News Again?

Moorak

post-3136-1132612131_thumb.jpg

Youth Leader of Birmingham beats thousands to reach

National Awards Short List

A Prominent Youth Leader of Birmingham, Phaldip Singh Khela, 21, has been shortlisted from thousands of entries to win a prestigious Whitbread Young Achiever Award. Phaldip who is President of the World Youth Leadership Network in Europe, has been responsible for setting up a number of community projects locally, nationally and internationally.

The Whitbread Young Achiever Awards recognise and reward the achievements of 16-25 year olds, who are actively engaged in local community projects.

On 23rd November, the winners from each of the four categories – Community, Sport, Arts and Environment, will be announced at a glittering awards ceremony hosted by TV Presenter, June Sarpong at the Vinyl Factory in London. Each winner will receive £2000 in cash, £250 in leisure vouchers and a package of ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities.

The money, along with a 12-month follow-on support programme, is given by Whitbread to allow the winners to sustain their ideas and give them inspiration to go even further. Last year’s winners experiences included a day with the editor of the Guardian, shadowing a government minister, producing a BBC science programme and an invitation to an international summer school in India.

hahahah YOMMMMMM lol..

A young Sikh like him really is a great role model for so many of us out there. I'm unbelievably happy - this is amazing! Guru Ji di kitni Kirpaa haiiiii.. oh man, just thinking about it has got me laughing out loud..

I'm so proud! Guru Ji Kirpaa karan, may He always bless our veer with Chardikalaaa!!

hahahaha coming on SS is always a bad idea after having had coke. blush.gif

whooooooooooooooo

Way to go Veerji!!

:lol: respect.gif

hahahah YOMMMMMM lol..

A young Sikh like him really is a great role model for so many of us out there. I'm unbelievably happy - this is amazing! Guru Ji di kitni Kirpaa haiiiii.. oh man, just thinking about it has got me laughing out loud..

I'm so proud! Guru Ji Kirpaa karan, may He always bless our veer with Chardikalaaa!!

hahahaha coming on SS is always a bad idea after having had coke. blush.gif

whooooooooooooooo

Way to go Veerji!!

:lol: respect.gif

135250[/snapback]

all that from just one coke? wacko.gif

and what's a YOM? :) @