Washing Dastaars

Guest a guest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two/three distaars, one main one, my fav blue....which i wash at the end of the week usually on a friday, ready and neat for weekend smagams/progs etc, if it looks unclean then mab again in the weekday.

hope that helps.

chardikala...deep kaur khalsa x

btw...no quesiton desrves t be called 'dumb', we're all learners here. blush.gif

i reckon it depends what style you are tying, my brother ties a triangular pne so i kind of puts on fold together and gives it a quick iron on top to keep it together. Me because i tie a dumalla, i dont find a need to iron my distaars, they oflds juts come out the way you want em as you are tying....so i dont ifnd need to iron, beside i might just burn my distaar if i did start..... :lol:

deep kaur.

Guest A Singh.

Your Keski should be changed every single day. It is a Beadbi to the Kesh to wear the same dirty Keski for two days. The Kesh is meant to be the most respected part of the body.

The Dastar needs to be washed less often but never left to get dirty/with an odour.

waheguru

NO WAY !!... hmm scarey i havnt washed my dastars in like 4 months!! cus once it got wet outside so did But i havnt got more than 1 keski so its hard i do need to wash it though i change the dastar but not the kesi if u get me

LOLLL