Bhagat Of 20th Century!

curious_man

in this modern world...we have many sants..many mahapurakhs...but atleast as far as my knowledge goes...i think...in this modern age ...only 1 sikh is termed as a Bhagat.

and he is .... Bahgat Puran Singh ji d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

man...if u wanna show to someone the saint nature ...the sewa nature of sikhi..his jeevan is the perfect example!!

*** sangat ji after seeing this pic...i dunno y tears came to my eyes..no explanation!!

i remember when i was a kid..in 4th grade or so... my family lived in gurdaspur... my dad once took me to Pingalwara....i may tell u...no offence ..i was just kid...my dad used to take me..becoz he used to donate there... but i just hated that place...becoz i didnt want to even see the faces of those ppl...horrible scene!!

now that i m kinda grown up....i think its sooooo hard to help others....i mean a person's whole life is used up in just taking care of themselves

but there r those rare gurmukhs...who in their life take care of others...those "others"..who r treated much lower than a street dog... bhagat jee used to hug them as a father hugs his son!!

sangat..ji... i wanna know more abt their jeevani...!!

bas..i cant write no more!!

i gonna attach just one pic of many...and u know a picture is more than a 1000 words!!

vjkk vjkf

post-844-1133920083.jpg

Bhagat jee was amaaziiiiiinggg

Bhagat jee was one of those people that has to this day got very little "Press" in the sikh community and people still do not realize the value of bhagat jee to the Sikh history

He was in the same spiritual seva mindset as Brahmgiani Bhai Ghanaiya jee ...

I only know one sakhi of Bhagat jee that my grandfather told me..

My grandfather's (dada ji) family used to own a fabric shop in Punjab and when he was a young man dada ji worked at the store (dukaan) all day. Bhagat Puran Singh jee happened to walk past the fabric shop and stop there for a few moments. My grandfather had the opportunity to just pay his respects, greet Bhagat jee and ask him how he was doing. Bhagat jee happened to see a peice of glass on the road in the path of where pedestrians were walking and he picked it up and put it in his pocket. Dada jee asked him, "Bhagat jee why did you pick up that piece of glass?" Bhagat jee said, "Those are not true Kings who rule over the people. Those are the true kings who take actions for the wellbeing of the people. Sikhs are true kings because we always think for sarbat da bhalla."

His actions in pingalwara, in his daily life, and in society were backed up by teachings in Gurmat. That's one of the main things that made him a Bhagat.

Saadhsangat jee Please post what you know about his jeevan -

I think more info is at the pingalwara website

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!!!!

I remember those days when i use to see bhai sahib almost every week in front of darbar sahib.. my family used to go to darbar sahib daily and bhagat puran singh jee always remember ppls who visit gurughar frequently..

the day bhai sahib passed away.. i think it was early in morning and nobody *so called* VIP were there to pay respect (except capt. amrinder singh/mann ?) Anyway... The sewa bhai sahib did is something that ordinary person can't even think of doing it ! pure sewa he did !

waheguru ji kekhalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, Bhagat Puran Singh is a very under-rated Gursikh. He was years beyond his time. Not only did he have many Gursikh virtues of seva, simran and sacrifice, but also his seva for those with learning disabilities, disabled, and mentally infirm. He used healing via spiritual development, concepts which are only now being touted by the British Government.

Further he wrote extensively about Gurmat, social and environmental issues. He predicted the modern lack of Sikhi spirit in sikh women in his book asking all bibian to wear keskis and gatras on the outside.

He wrote about the onset of environmental problems in Punjab, covering acid rain, the water issue, and also the complete disregard in Punjab of looking after the soil, as they try and get more crops out the ground as quickly as possible. He wrote extensively about the problems that will come from cutting trees down in Punjab as it becomes more and more agriculturised.

Bhagat Puran singh is a great example of a Gursikh, who was a humanitarian, an intellectual, and an environmentalist.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

bhagat%20puran%20singh1.jpg

bhagatpuransingh.jpg

the picture above is probably one of the best large-size pictures of bhagat jee that i have seen on the internet

but i am sure there are many people out there who have more pics

please post

and please post stories from bhagat jee's life

Veerjee Jagjit Singh jee can you please post the title of that book that you speak about where Bhagat jee predicts the lack of Sikh rehit and women to wear keski / gatra on the outside - I have not read Bhagat jee's Sikh-theme books, only I have seen some of the environment-themed pamphlets

Is there is a full list of Bhagat jee's writings somewhere?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I assume the full list of books are available from Pingalwara.

Off the top of my head, I believe the booklet was called "Sikh bibian de Pehrava", but I will check to confirm.

If you get a chance, then also read Bhagat jis booklets on Naam and environmentalism.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh