Leaving Sikhi..

Khalsa_starr

Wjkk wjkf

No worries brother.. Sometime some things do not workout as we expect. Sikhi is not a religion; its the way of life, anyone can come and anyone can go - thats the first thing i love about sikhi. You will find peace in something that your inner self is looking for; doesn't matter what religion or culture that is :lol: As long as we respect each other and live the truth life; we are cool !

Wishing you good luck and the happy journey in your life :TH:

Wjkk wjkf

An apology is not necessary bro. What is in order is a "thank you" to you for educating sikhs with what are likely unique perspectives.

Despite having much to learn, I love sikhi but often wish I could have found sikhi from the outside. I admire those that actually work through so many obstacles to this path. And yes, even if it is a passing path.

There are a few wishing you well here, so hopefully you won't take the well wishes the wrong way. Let me explain. I once had someone come to me and say something along the lines of "you guys don't really want people to join your faith". I was a bit surprised at his comment thinking that no one has a claim to the sikh way of life and it's his for the taking.

He was obviously a caucasion non-sikh and told me that he read about sikhi on the net, went to the gurudwara and had langar several time and wanted to learn about the faith but no one really paid much attention to him being there.

I explained to him about the sikh view toward faiths, recruitment (or lack of it) and the insignificance of numbers. I also thought that from his viewpoint, someone should have made greater efforts to, not convert him, but welcome him so he could learn and make his own decisions.

Sorry for the long story there, but just to let you know that well wishes may come from a belief in respecting diverse points of view. Much respect to you bro for questioning the world around you and being independent in seeking out your faith.

Khalsa starr veer ji,

you have not left sikhi as long as you remember God's name be it - allah, God, Vahiguroo, Ram, Ishvar, Mualla etc etc which links to attributes of God.

Sukhmani Sahib says:

“Sarab Dharam mei shresth dharma, har ko naam jap nirmal karm”

Utam dharam out of all, is meditate on God.

You are still sikh in my eyes.

You have to remember, in all religions there is mysticism and religious values(code of conduct) always will clash no matter what.

Just take saints regardless of any dharam for example- even though they might represent certain dharam but they in essence belong to sainthood. Fakir di jat rab di jat hai !

Good luck in your spiritual route veer ji, there are different ways in spirituality, source is one. What matter is grace of God not neccesarily this path is incomplete or my path is better than yours.

Sri Dasam patshah says:

Sach kaho sun laiho sabhae Jin Prem Kio Tin hi prab paio ||

I m telling an truth, listen to it O people, those who unconditonally love God shall merge with him

Sri akaal ustat by sri dasam patsah clear states:

ਫਰਾ ਕੇ ਫਿਰੰਗੀ ਮਾਨੈਂ ਕੰਧਾਰੀ ਕੁਰੇਸੀ ਜਾਨੈਂ ਪਛਮ ਕੇ ਪੱਛਮੀ ਪਛਾਨੈਂ ਨਿਜ ਕਾਮ ਹੈਂ ॥

फरा के फिरंगी मानैं कंधारी कुरेसी जानैं पछम के पछमी पछानैं निज काम हैं ॥

The people of France and England revere Thee, the inhabitants of Kandhaar and Quraishis know Thee; the people of western side recognize their duty towards Thee.

ਮਰਹਟਾ ਮਘੇਲੇ ਤੇਰੀ ਮਨ ਸੋਂ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਕਰੈ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਵੈ ਤਿਲੰਗੀ ਪਹਚਾਨੈ ਧਰਮ ਧਾਮ ਹੈਂ ॥੨॥੨੫੪॥

मरहटा मघेले तेरी मन सों तपसिआ करै द्रिड़वै तिलंगी पहचानै धरम धाम हैं ॥२॥२५४॥

The inhabitants of Maharashtra and Magadha perform austerities with profound affection; the residents of Drawar and Tilang countries recognise Thee as the Abode of Dharma.2.254

ਬੰਗ ਕੇ ਬੰਗਾਲੀ ਫਿਰਹੰਗ ਕੇ ਫਿਰੰਗਾਵਾਲੀ ਦਿਲੀ ਕੇ ਦਿਲਵਾਲੀ ਤੇਰੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਮੈ ਚਲਤ ਹੈਂ ॥

बंग के बंगाली फिरहंग के फिरंगावाली दिली के दिलवाली तेरी आगिआ मै चलत हैं ॥

The Bengalis of Bengal, the Phirangis of Phirangistan and Dilwalis of Delhi are the followers of Thy Command.

ਰੋਹ ਕੇ ਰੁਹੇਲੇ ਮਾਘ ਦੇਸ ਕੇ ਮਘੇਲੇ ਬੀਰ ਬੰਗ ਸੀ ਬੁੰਦੇਲੇ ਪਾਪ ਪੁੰਜ ਕੋ ਮਲਤ ਹੈਂ ॥

रोह के रुहेले माघ देस के मघेले बीर बंग सी बुंदेले पाप पुंज को मलत हैं ॥

The Rohelas of Rohu mountain, the Maghelas of Magadha, the heroic Bangasis of Bangas and the Bundhelas of Bundhelkhand destroy their sins in Thy devotion.

ਗੋਖਾ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੈ ਚੀਨ ਮਚੀਨ ਕੇ ਸੀਸ ਨਯਾਵੈ ਤਿੱਬਤੀ ਧਿਆਇ ਦੇਖ ਦੇਹ ਕੋ ਦਲਤ ਹੈਂ ॥

गोखा गुन गावै चीन मचीन के सीस नयावै तिबती धिआइ देख देह को दलत हैं ॥

Gorkhas sing Thy Praises, the residents of China and Manchuria bow their heads before Thee and the Tibetans destroy the sufferings of their bodies by remembering Thee.

ਜਿਨੈ ਤੋਹਿ ਧਿਆਇਓ ਤਿਨੈ ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ ਪਾਇਓ ਸਰਬ ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਫਲ ਫੂਲ ਮੋਂ ਫਲਤ ਹੈਂ ॥

जिनै तोहि धिआइओ तिनै पूरन प्रताप पाइओ सरब धन धाम फल फूल मों फलत हैं ॥

Those who meditated on Thee, they obtained perfect Glory, they obtained perfect Glory, they prosper greatly with wealth, fruit and flowers in their homes.3.255.

You may leave Sikhi... but that doesnt mean Sikhi will leave you.

Sangats always here for u bruv. Guru Jee is always here for you. Travel the world... cover every inch of land and every cubic inch of water, but you will come to realise that there is no place, no one as wonderful, beautiful and perfect as Maharaj

ifTy sBy Qwv nhI quDu jyihAw ]

ddit(h)ae sabhae thhaav nehee thudhh jaehiaa ||

I have seen all places, but none can compare to You.

--Guru Arjan Dev Ji

--Phunhay Fifth Mehl

--ang : 1362

Guest [TheSim]

I think we should be entitled to atleast one reason, you make a thread about your leaving, you care that much, so might also tell us why? And its sad to see your giving up.

Guest [TheSim]

Ok, i read some of ur posts and i come to realize, you just want something special treatment, Do you wish to have a red carpet laid out to you walking you towards the path? Some born-sikhs cannot find the path, and Rare ones become gurmukhs who are blessed.

You might as well go try Islam, i'm sure they will teach you. You say patn isnt created for you? You just dont know what you are doing. What steps have you made? Is there a keyframe in which one can be blessed? In your other posts and threads, gurdwaras didnt supposedly "help" you, Well, So it is gurdwaras fault? All that matters, It could be just You and God, Guru Granth Sahib will help you, it will not discriminate or hate. If you want to learn and have the willingness to learn, you would've learned, and this isnt just for Sikhi, go to any other religion, especially for converts you want to learn, gain knowledge, if you want to give up you might as well waste your life trying to find the right religion, Matter of fact, religion isnt necessary, live by the rules of either combined granths from everything and just pray to god and do recite gods name and you can be a good person.

Guest [TheSim]
I think we should be entitled to atleast one reason

139035[/snapback]

We're not 'entitled' to anything. Khalsa_starr said, "myself wish not to go into explanation about this now."

Respect that.

139037[/snapback]

Reasons weere given in the other closed topics.

I wanted to know of any further developments