Sarabloh

Trust1

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaahiguroo Jee Kee Fathe!!!

Kharkoo4Life Jee, u call urself a KhaRkoo, so im assuming you support Khaalstaan and all the Jujharoo Singhs who gave their lives for it. Did you know that most of the Singhs kept Sarbloh Bibek?

Ill try finding it and posting it later, but theres a picture of the wounded Singhs of '78 sitting in the hospital, in the corner you can see a big pile of Sarbloh Batay.

WIth regards to the SarabLoh bibek, this has no importance in Sikhi. The only conditions placed for a sikh on eating is to eat only that which is healthy for the mind and body. The kind of utensils used to eat the food has no bearing on this. It could be made of iron, aluminum, plastic, styrofoam, glass, none are regarded as better than the other. These serve as mere trays to hold the food. With advancing technologly the number of different forms and materials of which these plates, utensils come in is ever increasing, and a sikh should not worry about which of these he or she chooses to eat. All are equal.

So why didn't Sree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee, eat from the dishonest Malik Bhago, and instead ate from Bhaee Lalo Jee? Because the food that you eat affects your mind, body AND soul. It affects your bhagthee. When food is cooked, the amritdhaaree cooking should be doing simran...this DOES have an effect. It goes into your food....if someone cooks while listening to rap music, or gossiping or something, that is the effect it will have on your mind.

Bhaee Sahib, can u plz explain why we give out prashaad at the Gurdvaaraa?

Sarbloh is great!! Guru sahib himself does ustat of the power and says akal purakh himself resides in sarbloh. The power of sarbloh around your body and in your blood when doing naam simran is indescribable!

I think for most of us its hard to understand, so I can explain it in western though/science. Most of the time (if you watch documenteries and things u will know) spirituality is related to our magnetic field around our body. We all have an electro magnetic field around us. Increases in this field have been measured when french nuns and tibetan monks were studied while praying. Ghost hunters also use machines that can read electromagnetic fields to find ghosts.

anyway, all magnets are made from iron, iron is a metal with such a property that it effects magnetic fields in a special way. So gurbani says everything is made up of naam, naam vibrates in everything. There is a new quantum theory out that says all sub-atomic particals (proton, neurtrons, electrons) are made up of strings that are vibrating.. if you were to read a paper on this you would think of so many gurbani shabads! This single vibration is permeating everything.. so the answer science doesnt have is what is this vibration? NAAM!!

So I think Sarbloh channels naam a lot better than anything else and having sarbloh around us and in us helps us channel our bhagti easier.

Sarbloh has great and indescribable powers and is very beloved to our guru sahib.

(Note: I intend to replace this short post with a fully researched essay.)

taken from http://www.mkhalsa.com/lit/sarblohscience.html

Bhul Chuk Maph

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaahiguroo JEe KEe Fathe!!!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jus wanted to add one thing

i asked this question to a coupkle of my teachers, if sarbllooh bhandai can a ctually add sarbloh into ure diet

it will

WITH all the other metals, some of which can kill u

most bhandai made of sarbloh wont be so crappy that the iron actually goes into ure food

that SHUDNT happen if the bhanda is properly made

so i dun kno if the argument, it gives iron to u, is tru

and iron karai rubbing agasint ure skin also dont give iron

at least

accrodin to some teachers i asked

bhula chuka maf

Did Guru Nanak Maharaj Ji or any other Guru Sahib keep Sarbloh Bibek? No, so then we don't need to either and as for iron from sarbloh, well you aren't gonna get as much as needed. God should have made iron only. No?

All Sarbloh bibek is for is to boast ego. It is for stuff such as:

"I keep more rehat than you."

The bottom line is Sarbloh bibek isn't neccessary and it is karam kaand. That is all. Read Guru Granth Sahib Ji and try to understand Gurbani.

I think that it is not possible to pass judgement on what the spiritual benefit of a Rehat holds until one has any spirituality themselves; ie a solid Jeevan with Pukka Amritvela, and many, many hours of Naam Abhiyaas and extra Bania on a daily basis. Until then we should refrain from condeming a particular Rehat as "spiritually useless" or it is hypocrisy on our own part.

143894[/snapback]

WIth due respect, i understand your point and by no means am i trying to pass judgment on who is a "better" person. Only God can be the judge of mans true inner character.

However, what i do feel every sikh has the right and obligation to question, is to question the validity of ones owns actions. It is the duty of every sikh to constantly look at his or her own life and ask him or herself, is what i am doing in accordance with gurmat? Are my actions supported by the teachings of gurbani or do they go against it (i.e. karam kaand)? These questions are what form the basis for any Sikh to assess the spirituality of any action. Otherwise his spirituality would be based on blind faith which is strongly condmened by the Guru.

Now let me ask you something, it is unlikely anyone here (including myself) is anywhere near the spiritual uvusthaa of great Gursikhs in our history like Bhai Gurdas Ji or Bhai Mani Singh Ji etc., but that being said do we not daily criticize many actions in our own lives and in those of others for being mere hollow rituals? How many people on this forum would disagree with me if i said that bowing and worshiping stones/idols is pointless? It is commone sense that no rock, or clay statue is going to impart any knowledge or magical salvation to any person and that is why none of us engage in such meaningless rituals. ANotherwords we openly condemn this action in our own lives and equally discourage other Sikhs from engaging in such actions. We do this regularly even tho probally none of us have this "spirituality" u deem necessary in order to justify us doing such.

SO if i feel that an action which many people engage in is also based on meaningless karam kaand and choose to condemn it, how does it become hypocricy yet when we all condemn idol worhsip it is fyne? If anything, it is only by openly challenging the many hollwo rituals and rites which have crept into the regular practice of Sikhi amongst the masses that we shall be able to restore the true image and meaning of Sikhi in this world.

As a last point there is no such thing as "extra bania". Any bani one reads with their mind completly centred on Waheguru is sufficient, be it 1 page, 10 pages or 100 pages of Guru Granth Sahib. The point is not to get caught up in how many pages or how many times we read bani but rather to ensure that the meaning of the bani vibrates in every thought, word and action of our lives. That is the meaning of true Naam Abhiyaas (not how many hours we say it)

Fateh,

Dear Raj Karega Khalsa, i think u are missing the point.

Kharkoo4Life Jee, u call urself a KhaRkoo, so im assuming you support Khaalstaan and all the Jujharoo Singhs who gave their lives for it.  Did you know that most of the Singhs kept Sarbloh Bibek?

Firstly what evidence is there that ALL THE SINGHS kept this sarbloh bibek?

Secondly, even if some, or even if the majority of the jujharoo Singhs kept this bibek how does that have any effect on what i was saying?

Just because the majority of people do something does not make it right or true. Similarly, regardless how great a person may be, how supreme their sacrifices, or admirable their devotion, spirit and courage it does not change the fact that if they committed a mistake or had a false belief it remains as such. A wrong belief does not become a right simply because the person holding that belief is overall a great person. Everyone is prone to make mistakes.

The majority of the people believe and practice whatever they have been taught by their local "elders" or "wise ones" they grew up around (e.g. babas, sants, sadhus etc.). This does not necessarily imply that what they were taught by these people was in accordance with the teachings of gurmat. Only way we can be sure of that is to analyze their actions and beliefs according to gurbani itself. And im sorry to say, that no where does bani say that eating out of a iron plate is "better" for ones spirituality than eating out of a plastic or clay plate.

With regards to ur pic of the shaheed singhs, the presence of only certain types of utensils and absence of others has no bearing on the true practice of Sikhi. Guru Nanak travelled nearly the whole world eating out of the same utensils as the local people did and it had no effect on his "spirituality" so why should we feel that the utensils should affect ours?

So why didn't Sree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee, eat from the dishonest Malik Bhago, and instead ate from Bhaee Lalo Jee? Because the food that you eat affects your mind, body AND soul. It affects your bhagthee. When food is cooked, the amritdhaaree cooking should be doing simran...this DOES have an effect. It goes into your food....if someone cooks while listening to rap music, or gossiping or something, that is the effect it will have on your mind.

I completely agree with you that before a Sikh accepts something he should to the best of his ability try to ascertain the manner in which something is obtained. IF it obtained by dishonest means (e.g. stealing, lying, cheating) then he should reject it immediately. A sikh should live only off honest means and partake in only those goods from others which have also been obtained thru honest means. This was the message Guru Nanak Dev Ji was trying to teach us thru this example.

Do u think Guru Nanak was looking at the plate to see what it was made of? Whether it was made of clay, iron, steel, copper etc.? Do u think this was the criteria Guru Ji used to decide whether he would eat the food or not? NO. He was concerned with the MEANS by which the food was obtained (i.e. thru honest or dishonest earnings), not the plate in which the food was served.

Furthermore, Guru Nanak travelled all across Asia, and his only regular companion was Bhai Mardana. During these many years of travel the Guru likely ate food from countless diferent cultures, cooked by people from countless different religions in countless different manners. So do u think that Guru Nanak took a cooking guide with him and kept a sarbloh pot in his backpack and whereve he went he told the locals to cook the food only in this specific manner and only using this sarbloh pot? Or would u assume that ALL OF ASIA followed the practice of using sarbloh bibeki at that time? The answer in both cases is a resounding NO. The only criteria Guru Ji used to partake in food with someone was that the food was made and served with love, and obtained thru honest means.

Fateh,

Kharkoo4Life Jee, u call urself a KhaRkoo, so im assuming you support Khaalstaan and all the Jujharoo Singhs who gave their lives for it.  Did you know that most of the Singhs kept Sarbloh Bibek?

Secondly, even if some, or even if the majority of the jujharoo Singhs kept this bibek how does that have any effect on what i was saying?

Just because the majority of people do something does not make it right or true. Similarly, regardless how great a person may be, how supreme their sacrifices, or admirable their devotion, spirit and courage it does not change the fact that if they committed a mistake or had a false belief it remains as such. A wrong belief does not become a right simply because the person holding that belief is overall a great person. Everyone is prone to make mistakes.

The majority of the people believe and practice whatever they have been taught by their local "elders" or "wise ones" they grew up around (e.g. babas, sants, sadhus etc.). This does not necessarily imply that what they were taught by these people was in accordance with the teachings of gurmat. Only way we can be sure of that is to analyze their actions and beliefs according to gurbani itself. And im sorry to say, that no where does bani say that eating out of a iron plate is "better" for ones spirituality than eating out of a plastic or clay plate.

With regards to ur pic of the shaheed singhs, the presence of only certain types of utensils and absence of others has no bearing on the true practice of Sikhi. Guru Nanak travelled nearly the whole world eating out of the same utensils as the local people did and it had no effect on his "spirituality" so why should we feel that the utensils should affect ours?

I completely agree with you that before a Sikh accepts something he should to the best of his ability try to ascertain the manner in which something is obtained. IF it obtained by dishonest means (e.g. stealing, lying, cheating) then he should reject it immediately. A sikh should live only off honest means and partake in only those goods from others which have also been obtained thru honest means. This was the message Guru Nanak Dev Ji was trying to teach us thru this example.

Do u think Guru Nanak was looking at the plate to see what it was made of? Whether it was made of clay, iron, steel, copper etc.? Do u think this was the criteria Guru Ji used to decide whether he would eat the food or not? NO. He was concerned with the MEANS by which the food was obtained (i.e. thru honest or dishonest earnings), not the plate in which the food was served.

Furthermore, Guru Nanak travelled all across Asia, and his only regular companion was Bhai Mardana. During these many years of travel the Guru likely ate food from countless diferent cultures, cooked by people from countless different religions in countless different manners. So do u think that Guru Nanak took a cooking guide with him and kept a sarbloh pot in his backpack and whereve he went he told the locals to cook the food only in this specific manner and only using this sarbloh pot? Or would u assume that ALL OF ASIA followed the practice of using sarbloh bibeki at that time? The answer in both cases is a resounding NO. The only criteria Guru Ji used to partake in food with someone was that the food was made and served with love, and obtained thru honest means.

143997[/snapback]

APPLAUSE! :@

No one could put it better and this point should end this argument but the ignorant and persuasive ones will continue no doubt.....

:music:

Fateh,

143997[/snapback]

Wonderfully said Brother! Why complicate Sikhi? However no matter how solid the points you make there will always be the ones who follow a rule simply for following a rule!