Pin In Dastaar?

i put couple of pins in my dastaar... is tht ok??? 

someone told me ..its anti-gurmat!! 

My brother when I said it was anti gurmat ...I was messing around like i always do..... however... My panj Piaray told me it was a wrong thing to do.but..forgive me if i made u feel bad when i said that..i am sorry if i hurt ur feelings...I have to stop using certain phrases..im such a fool..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i put couple of pins in my dastaar... is tht ok??? 

someone told me ..its anti-gurmat!! 

My brother when I said it was anti gurmat ...I was messing around like i always do..... however... My panj Piaray told me it was a wrong thing to do.but..forgive me if i made u feel bad when i said that..i am sorry if i hurt ur feelings...I have to stop using certain phrases..im such a fool..

145039[/snapback]

lollllll.... :@

.... :@ .....hehehhehehe....so it was you pajee the cause of this all.....awww!

It doesnt matter what kind of dastaar you tie.... should not be disrespectful to anyone.. They might like how they wear there dastar and you might like yours does not matter..

As for the pin it DOES NOT MATTER.. dont get into there karam khands and get past this kind of stuff... like the guy isnt putting pins alll over his dastaar like c'mon get a grip... These little tiny little things we are stuck on its unbeliveable... A PIN!!!!!!!! next thing you will say if that you cannot put a brand name shirt on a khalsa doesnt need to show off.... no name stuff is pefectly fine... not saying it isnt but please get a hold of your self and use your brain the one that akal purkh has givin us and stop asking silly questions....

i get what your saying but a PIN!!!!!!!!!!!

maaf karna but c'mon :@ @

may i repeat again a PIN!!!! i jus cant get over it

the akal takt maryada does not mention pins anywhere...

and i have yet to come across any gurbani or a rehit nama that even suggests that pins are not allowed...

therefore, according to Panthic maryada it's allowed...

now if YOUR panj piyaray told you not to do it...don't do it..it's that simple...

but not all panj piyaraay will tell you that...cuz it's not mentioned inthe rehit maryada...and therefore...on a panthic level..pins are fine...

Did your panj piyaray differentiate between decorative pins and pins to help hold your dastaar in place? Personally I can see how decorative pins upon one's dastaar may cause some problems. Are you sure that wasn't what they were referring to?