Smokey Smokerson

(to the one dearest admin...lollllll........didnt know where else to place this topic/ question)

Smoking....nasha....amritdharis need to remain away from.

A very close friend smokes frequently throughout the day...we'll have lunch ...after which she needs to have a smoke or two...ive seen her go out 6 or 7 times in the day....

Now we have to work together on most things during lectures/tutorials and group work..she sits next to me often too. I say jokingly I don't wanna passive smoke man...its making me dizzy...but she can't exactly go away...we have to work together...shes a best mate.

Not an easy situation..when we're outside the building and waiting with a couple of my nonsmoker friends its okay..but in class and canteen....i worry about my kirpan etc  being in such close proximities of the smell of tobacco etc.

I'm not smoking...but can smell. I nearly actually felt weirded out once cause her smoke caught me in the face...and for a person that doesnt smoke its like a wake up alarm!

Any suggestions of keeping distance but still remaining close....Impossible yeps!

I'm suggesting she quits alllll the time...she cuts down sometimes but not altogether. She's a really really nice person at heart and one that can be turned away from that sort of life.......

don't even suggest dont be friends with her...thas not a option...

146322[/snapback]

Not being friends with her is not the solution.

You being a good friend may lead her to stop smoking one day.

I have friends that smoke, and they have to smoke outside the house. One has stopped because he asked me why I don't smoke and I didnt give him the religious stuff, but the health info. He has stopped. I also pointed out how much money hey would save...lol :)

Just say look this smoke really gets to you so could you smoke away from you. I've worked in bars and alsorts where you cannot avoid smoke, so you can't really expect the world to revolve around me.