Immortal Productions

Uk_Singh24

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares when it was made, it's the meaing behind it that counts--

Ak-47 do not symbolize miri or piri, but the kirpans do.

ammo is ammo, but the chakar symbolize the universe.

The other AK is an AK--the khanda part of the khanda symbolizes death.

The khanda going through the chakar symbolizes that one day, theh entire universe will come to an end.

ive heard that the khanda we see 2day, was infact made either during or after the british raj. The orginal khanda was actually just the khanda itself (as we see on most nishan sahibs at gurdwara sahibs).

Also no solid evidence, no solid story or history surrounding the meaning of the chand has been given. As I have heard, Shiva has a chand on his head.

http://dharma-crimea.chat.ru/Murti_site/Pi...i/m_shiva_b.jpg

and the khanda was added in later by gursikhs?

another reference has been made to this i think on the famous site of snatan sikhi, which i wont mention. :)

The chand is also visable on the dhumala, for those who wear one, wen u go for the 'dip' over the forehead. Also, a opposite chand is made, wen u go over the first dip a few times to make the dhumala complete, which could mean a full moon/chakar?

please share your views.

p.s Im not supporting snatan Sikhi or any hindu based ideals in sikhi so dont shoot me!

cheers :TH:

and sorry for going off topic!

Guest militant singh

The khanda going through the chakar symbolizes that one day, theh entire universe will come to an end.

148818[/snapback]

THE KHANDA ON DA COVER SHOWS COMPARISIONS BACK IN DA DAY SINGHS FOUGHT WID KIRPANS AND 2DAY WITH THE AK47 JUS SHOWS HOW FAR WE HAVE COME THATS ALL NO BEADBI ABOUT IT

ive heard that the khanda we see 2day, was infact made either during or after the british raj. The orginal khanda was actually just the khanda itself (as we see on most nishan sahibs at gurdwara sahibs).

Also no solid evidence, no solid story or history surrounding the meaning of the chand has been given. As I have heard, Shiva has a chand on his head.

http://dharma-crimea.chat.ru/Murti_site/Pi...i/m_shiva_b.jpg

and the khanda was added in later by gursikhs?

another reference has been made to this i think on the famous site of snatan sikhi, which i wont mention.  :)

The chand is also visable on the dhumala, for those who wear one, wen u go for the 'dip' over the forehead. Also, a opposite chand is made, wen u go over the first dip a few times to make the dhumala complete, which could mean a full moon/chakar?

please share your views.

p.s Im not supporting snatan Sikhi or any hindu based ideals in sikhi so dont shoot me!

cheers  :TH:

and sorry for going off topic!

148885[/snapback]

darn u rss! lol

148818[/snapback]

THE KHANDA ON DA COVER SHOWS COMPARISIONS BACK IN DA DAY SINGHS FOUGHT WID KIRPANS AND 2DAY WITH THE AK47 JUS SHOWS HOW FAR WE HAVE COME THATS ALL NO BEADBI ABOUT IT

148950[/snapback]

It could have been depicted in a different form. The khanda did not need to be changed.

About the chand:

The chand is the symbol of one Shiva's avtars, the dancing one, Narashima or something like that. Shiva, in Hinduism, is the god of death/destruction. Wearing his symbol on the dumalla symbolizes that Sikhs are not afraid of death. It has nothing to do with worship of Hindu deities and gods.