Check out these crazy gursikhs!!

ggbb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Penj, lemme have a go, umm, haven't got many clues, so some would be nice :(

:T: ....er...can't be the Singh in white because he's tooo young, and MKhalsa VeerJi seems 'older' from his highly intelligent posts :)

Can't be the older Singhs cos I don't wanna diss him do I? wink2.gif

Er...Either the one with the glasses or the one behind the white Singh?

• 2 weeks later...

In the past. leaving the top of the dumalla open revealing the keski underneath, signified that you had done a great kurbanee and the Jathaydaar of a fauj used to order gursikh's that came back from battle alive to uncover the top of their dumalla indicating their willingness to sacrifice their lives (jioh(n)dhay shaheed)...I am not too sure if this story is valid, but this was what was told to some gursikh's by Sant Baba Nihal Singh jee Hariaa(n)velaa(n) valay (him being a living shaheed himself).

I guess if this is true, it went from being a symbol of willingness to sacrifice one's life to a fashion statement. I have personally never left my dumalla open at the top since I've heard this, out of respect and simplicity (shastaar's in my dumalla are how I would deck out rather than mixing colours) if ofcourse it is true (seems pretty believable).

bhul chuk maaf karnee.