rakerhie

Do you think sikhs should celebrate rakhari ( that string brother sister thing)?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think sikhs should celebrate rakhari ( that string brother sister thing)?

• No
    • Yes

NO!!

arrgh my parents try to force me every year...and every year i remind them that i can "protect" myself, as my brother is supposedly gonna do if i tie that piece of string on his wrist

and to those that say its just expressing love towards your brother, i think that there are better ways of expressing your love.

we should reject this stupid tradition like guru jee rejected the janaeo (spelling?? :T: )

Hanjeee.. as of religious viewpoint it's totally against sikhi.. But what about culture view point? :T:

We Sikhs have our own culture not the culture adapted by hindusim or typical punjabi culture...

Gatka is part of sikh Culture. Giving out Free Lassi on gurupurabs thats our culture... I admit it I used to have a Rakhree tied by my cousins wen I was young cuz I didn't know any better but now.. NO WAY! you should look at the history or Rakhri and u'll know why its not even in our culture its totally a hindu thing. Same goes for LohRee!!

Hanjeee.. as of religious viewpoint it's totally against sikhi.. But what about culture view point?  :T:

Who cares about Culture ohmy.gif :|

I mean the CUlture is basically made up of Hindu teachings, b'coz Punjab / SIkh are surrounded by Hindus..

and according to the culture Women should be suppressed :( @ :)

AGree with Bravelkhalsa

Use to have Rakhri Tied..

but stopped when i learned WHY

WE were blesed with the Kirpan, may'be its time we encourage Singhness To use Kirpan

instead of tying Rakhri....

//Bhull CHukk maaf