Dreams Vs Reality

Barik

Often we say dreams do come true but we always elieve that dreams doesn't come true. The dreams that we see while sleeping. But if we look at history, isn't Dreams are like reality. Through out Guru Sahib times, people had Darshan of Him. Didn't through out times, Guru sahib had vanished the sin's of their Gursikh's?

I don't know but that's what i have read and heard in many Saakhi's. Thou Guru sahib says , this whole world and life is a dream itself. Leaving this aside, if we have a dream from our true heart means, that have no "cleverness" hidden in it, so does that Dream come true? And by keeping in mind, Amrit Vela is to Nitnem not dreams. SO Dreams of amrit vela never gets true?

I am confused and i am sure every one will get confused after reading this post. May be some one can help me to understand this.

From what I have read and understood from Gurbani, dreams are like a disease too. They are an affliction upon the mind

ਜਗੁ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਬਾਜੀ ਬਨੀ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਖੇਲਾਇ ॥

The world is a drama, staged in a dream. In a moment, the play is played out.

ਗਿਰੰਬਾਰੀ ਵਡ ਸਾਹਬੀ ਸਭੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਪਨੁ ਥੀਆ

who live in wondrous affluence and rule over mountains, oceans and vast dominions-O Nanak, in the end, all this vanishes like a dream!

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਵੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਲੋਇ

Through the Guru's Teachings, they come to understand and see that this world is just a dream.

I don't know if you've ever had a lucid dream - I've had quite a few. A lucid dream is one where you know you are dreaming. This allows you to control your actions in a dream. You can run, you can talk to other people etc. Now imagine a dream world where everybody is in a dream and if you talk to someone, they are dreaming that they are talking to you.

This all gets a bit Matrix-y but maybe the quotes will help?

I don't know about dreams from our heart. A true Brahmgiani never dreams. He never even sleeps.

As for darshan of Guru Ji in our dreams. I don't know what this means. I had a dream a few weeks back of a Mahapurash Ji. I didn't recognise him but the sangat who were in the dream knew him and they knew that he had passed away many years ago. ie the Mahapurash came back to life in my dream.

Don't know if you can call that Darshan.